Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

NEWCASTLE are monitoring Marseille's Ghana World Cup winger Andre Ayew, who may have to make way for Charles N'Zogbia in January.

Marseille coach Didier Deschamps is a huge fan of N'Zogbia, and is trying to lure him to the Stade Velodrome for a fee around £9million but must offload first.

Ayew, 20, has failed to settle at Marseille since breaking into the team three years ago and spent last season on loan to Arles-Avignon, helping them win promotion to Ligue 1.

Abedi Pele's son is rated at £6million and his transfer would help facilitate the signing of N'Zogbia, who is keen to push for a starting place in the France team.

Ayew, who has 26 caps for Ghana, can play on either wing.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/977861/MAGPIES-MONITORING-GHANA-WINGER.html

Yeah, the only sort of contact we are going to have with OM for a while will be to hopefully make Ben Arfa's deal permanent. I don't think we would want to deal with them again and I don't think they would want to deal with us again

NEWCASTLE are monitoring Marseille's Ghana World Cup winger Andre Ayew, who may have to make way for Charles N'Zogbia in January.

Marseille coach Didier Deschamps is a huge fan of N'Zogbia, and is trying to lure him to the Stade Velodrome for a fee around £9million but must offload first.

Ayew, 20, has failed to settle at Marseille since breaking into the team three years ago and spent last season on loan to Arles-Avignon, helping them win promotion to Ligue 1.

Abedi Pele's son is rated at £6million and his transfer would help facilitate the signing of N'Zogbia, who is keen to push for a starting place in the France team.

Ayew, who has 26 caps for Ghana, can play on either wing.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/977861/MAGPIES-MONITORING-GHANA-WINGER.html

I'd love to sell Jonas and bring back Zoggy.

if we're :-

in the top 7  - "the squad is fine we don't need to spend"

mid table -    "good performance - we won't need to spend"

relegation struggle - "this lot got us up last time and I'm sure they can do the same again in 2011-2012 while I pocket the parachute - we don't need to spend"

Guest kingdawson

Alan Hutton.

Aye, I was just thinking that last night actually. Shame twitchy was asking for stupid money over the summer.

I'd take David Bentley aswell tbh, since they basically don't play him.

Stupid money? we'd have probably accepted 5m.

Anyway now that Corluka is in bad form, maybe he does have a future with us (altough kaboul has also been very good since his return to the club).

Alan Hutton.

Aye, I was just thinking that last night actually. Shame twitchy was asking for stupid money over the summer.

I'd take David Bentley aswell tbh, since they basically don't play him.

Stupid money? we'd have probably accepted 5m.

Anyway now that Corluka is in bad form, maybe he does have a future with us (ltough kaboul has also been very good since his return to the club).

I remember an £8 million figure being bandied about at one point, maybe that was just media speculation or something. £5 million is probably about his value.

I think he's good player, never seen him have a bad game. Although you could probably give me an example.