Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

Guest Haris Vuckic

Bigi has too small a stride pattern... People go past him too easily... Don't think he'll make it at this level...

:lol:

Essentially it's what stops Cabaye being a great player in my eyes... Once someone is past him he never looks like he can catch up with them...

What about Paul Scholes or Makelele?

Bigi has too small a stride pattern... People go past him too easily... Don't think he'll make it at this level...

Essentially it's what stops Cabaye being a great player in my eyes... Once someone is past him he never looks like he can catch up with them...

I think that's a really bizarre thing to bring up as a reason for totally writing him off (Bigi). Can't even say I've seen it happen! He's looked competent in the tackle, keeps possession well and clearly has an eye for goal too. Unsurprisingly, he didn't look too hot on the right-wing (that happened :lol:). If his tender years allows for big improvements on what is already a PL-standard of ability, we're going to have some player imo.

What about Paul Scholes or Makelele?

Both faster... (Stronger... And more determined) than Cabaye

None of our young players will amount to anything here while they're stuck behind shit/under performing players every week. Bigi should have had at least twice as many games last year considering how much shit was in front of him.

Scholes is/was ten times a better passer than Cabaye could ever be.

Ten times better everything tbh. I wouldn't like to compare any midfielder we've ever seen in the PL to Scholes at his best.

None of our young players will amount to anything here while they're stuck behind shit/under performing players every week. Bigi should have had at least twice as many games last year considering how much shit was in front of him.

Too many of them are used as squad fillers because we won't invest in players to support the first 11. :thup:

Neither had any pace man - they were all about positioning and awareness.

I didn't say they did?... Just more than Cabaye (and Bigi) in my eyes... Maybe it's a desire thing also...

Guest Haris Vuckic

None of our young players will amount to anything here while they're stuck behind s***/under performing players every week. Bigi should have had at least twice as many games last year considering how much s*** was in front of him.

Too many of them are used as squad fillers because we won't invest in players to support the first 11. :thup:

It's no way to develop at all. It's quite a burden to a young kid. It's generally best to join a winning side with an established system.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Neither had any pace man - they were all about positioning and awareness.

I didn't say they did?... Just more than Cabaye (and Bigi) in my eyes... Maybe it's a desire thing also...

I wouldn't put Cabaye in the same category as the two players mentioned but that's literally nothing to do with his stride pattern. He's been - like a lot of our players - very overrated by our fans and he's suffered for it I suppose.

Oh well let's watch the match :thup:

With Perch gone, Bigi seems to be second-choice to Tiote now, as Pardew insists on playing Jonas on the wing and keeping Anita on the bench. So hopefully he'll see more time this season.

Ten times better everything tbh. I wouldn't like to compare any midfielder we've ever seen in the PL to Scholes at his best.

Beardsley was better... Scholes reputation is now built on being overrated by people who rate him and claimed he's been underrated when he never was...

Guest bimpy474

Beardsley was better... Scholes reputation is now built on being overrated by people who rate him and claimed he's been underrated when he never was...

Well i thought he was a brilliant little player whenever i watched him play with my own two eyes, footballs about opinions i guess.

Beardsley wasn't a midfielder.

It is pretty ridiculous it's taken us this long to get him a full season away somewhere, considering he was in and around the first team squad during the Championship season. He's probably the only other youngster from around Carroll's 'era' that has been heralded as having genuine first-team potential, yet it's taken this long to get him some proper game-time. Pretty poor.

Still, better late than never and I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how he progresses down there.

Beardsley wasn't a midfielder.

He was as much as a midfielder as Scholes...

Guest Haris Vuckic

He played in midfield but he also played in goal it doesn't make him either or. The true essence of Beardsley for me was a forward - sometimes playing from deep and creating. He was a genius basically - I'd probably argue he was better than Scholes (different players but still) but he was given less obvious opportunity,

Wow our squad is thinner now than it was before Jan, when the club acknowledged it was too thin. I guess the club thinks that no Europa league means we can get bay on 11 or 12 players  !!

He spent most of his career CF tbh!

He did like to get forward... :lol: But I'd always class him as an attacking midfielder... Certainly if we are classing Scholes as a midfielder which was the original point...