Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

Ferguson's just not going to play much, that seems a fact. So I guess it's good for us and him that he gets some games.

Absolutely right. A few crosses apart, he's not really done enough at Newcastle to warrant forcing his way into the first team. Another decent spell at Brum should give him valuable experience rather than the odd 10 minutes here and there he'd get here. 

Spot on Nige.

Guest bimpy474

Fergie should be in the first team ahead of Jonas, especially if we don't buy another LW/LM. Not saying Fergie is ready but he's better for team than Jonas.

Guest bimpy474

Fergie should be in the first team ahead of Jonas, especially if we don't buy another LW/LM. Not saying Fergie is ready but he's better for team than Jonas.

But who will float crosses into the box?

Jonas doesn't even get the thing past the first man, at least Fergie got some decent crosses in and with some more game time, guess we'll never know.

Guest chopey

He produces the most dangerous crosses at the club and yet oberton and jonas get in the team ahead of him

Guest bimpy474

He produces the most dangerous crosses at the club and yet oberton and jonas get in the team ahead of him

Exactly my point, while he has a lot to learn, he's far better option than those two. Who are absolutely useless.

Guest reefatoon

Pards isn't a fan of his wide men getting forward and putting crosses in though, he much prefers them tracking back and doubling up as fullbacks.

He detests the thought of having more than 1 player in the opposition half at a time.

to be fair Ferguson is quite useful as a defensive winger as well, given that he has spent a fair amount of his career playing there.  In fact the birmingham forum I went on seem to think he'll be playing as a wing back. 

In the long run this loan move will probably provide us with a better player, but I agree that if we don't sign anyone we need him.  If we have Gouffran and Ben Arfa as first choice in the wide roles then Ferguson would have to be 3rd of 4th choice and so likely to get a lot of games.

Jonas doesn't even get the thing past the first man, at least Fergie got some decent crosses in and with some more game time, guess we'll never know.

To be clear I meant Jonas cross bad, Ferguson cross good.

Guest bimpy474

To be clear I meant Jonas cross bad, Ferguson cross good.

Which is correct, sorry for misunderstanding that ;)

I think it is a good move tbh.

Ditto, after watching him a fair bit last season, I'm surprised so many people think he would have done well as a first teamer (though admittedly I understand the annoyance with Jonas). Seemed very hit and miss to me, and would be surprised if he hits the heights we hoped he might.

Fingers crossed getting more games at that level will see him finally kick on though.

It is quite worrying that this lad has hardly played for us, and is still one of the best crossers of the ball that we have. I hope he makes it, and this is a good move for his development.