Newcastle United have around a 6.7% chance of winning Carling Cup - discuss

Guest RowanB
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are currently fourth favourites to win the Carling Cup 2010/2011!! Betfair punters have us as a 15.0 shot, implying we have a 6.7% chance of winning our first major trophy since 1969. I'll take that!

COME ON.

Guest johnson293

We'll probably be drawn away at Man Utd next round!

Just gonna take each game as it comes in the comp, and hope for the best to be honest!

Your pole doesn't make sense. :lol:

Also voting our probability somewhere between 0 and turd. 

The poll DOES make sense. How does this thread imply any kind of delusion? We are fourth favourites to win the tournament at odds of 15.0. That implies a 6.7% chance. Money talks. Why do you think people are trading at that price? If you're so confident we're not going to win, just lay the 15.0 on offer at Betfair.

...and the worst thread of the year award goes to this chump.

FFS. Don't take it so seriously. Anyone that views this with a modicum of intelligence, will realise it's a probability related poll.

...and the worst thread of the year award goes to this chump.

FFS. Don't take it so seriously. Anyone that views this with a modicum of intelligence, will realise it's a probability related poll.

Pity you didn't compose the title with a modicum of intelligence.

Well for anyone with a few braincells to rub together, it obviously isn't certain that we're going to win the tournament. It depends how inanely literally you want to take the thread title. You sound a bit miserable.

The poll DOES make sense. How does this thread imply any kind of delusion? We are fourth favourites to win the tournament at odds of 15.0. That implies a 6.7% chance. Money talks. Why do you think people are trading at that price? If you're so confident we're not going to win, just lay the 15.0 on offer at Betfair.

That first sentence about making no sense was just about your first edit (pole/poll) but I see that's gone from your post now :lol: 

That first sentence about making no sense was just about your first edit (pole/poll) but I see that's gone from your post now :lol:  

I made that comment because at one point it didn't make sense because the options were '0-10%, 10-20%,' etc. It makes perfect sense now, hence the edit.

It isn't pointless looking at cups like this. Gamblers/ bookmakers try and quantify the probability of teams winning tournaments. Betfair punters have us as a 15.0 (6.7%) chance at the moment.

It isn't pointless looking at cups like this. Gamblers/ bookmakers try and quantify the probability of teams winning tournaments. Betfair punters have us as a 15.0 (6.7%) chance at the moment.

Well OK, I'll rephrase... pointless looking at cups like this if you're not a bookmaker/gambler.

I started this thread because Betfair punters think we have more than a 5% chance of winning our first major trophy since 1969. That's pretty significant. Just see how long it lasts.