Disappointing attendances

Guest BooBoo

Guest michaelfoster

Can anybody tell me which clubs have averaged higher than us this season?

Club                     Average Attendance

Man Utd                   75,165

Arsenal                    59,978

Man City                  46,151

Newcastle                45,019

Liverpool                  43,175

Chelsea                    41,427

Sunderland              39,415

Considering this thread came about after we got 41,915 (including just a few Stoke fans) for a free televised match against the least attractive team in the Premier League with a Sunday 4.10 pm kick off, and the shower down the road pulled in only 41,709 for a non-televised Saturday afternoon kick off against Man Utd - is it still disappointing when taken in that perspective ?

Guest Hellhammer

There was tons of empty seats in the main stand. That's a pretty misleading attendance, no way was it nearly full.

I guess many season tickets holders didnt attend the match, and City same as Newcastle (and many more) announce how many tickets they have sold, not how many people that were at the match.

There was tons of empty seats in the main stand. That's a pretty misleading attendance, no way was it nearly full.

I guess many season tickets holders didnt attend the match, and City same as Newcastle (and many more) announce how many tickets they have sold, not how many people that were at the match.

surely they have to for tax reasons?

surely they have to for tax reasons?

Aye that is the whole point in announcing an official attendance.

Guest north shields lad

I used to go every single match home and away. Now i go every away match and pick and choose my haome matches. I went most homes last season as it was cheaper, this season ive only been to stoke. Its about money. Some away grounds charge 40/50 quid, once you have booked onto a coach, bought your ale, and had food, its over a £100. I like the away matches, its still 75% a decent fan base at the aways. The homes are a joke. Im fed up of going in and sitting near someone who has a horrible foreign or southern accent, and hasnt got a clue. Rather go the aways with the hardcore and watch the homes in the pub.