Disappointing attendances

Guest BooBoo

Guest neesy111

If people want to sit in a certain area, they shouldn't have to fork out £20 on a membership just to sit in that area.

Total own goal from the club.

As Ive said before it really simple.

If i have a free sat ( very rare) or its a midweek game, and I finish work- I want to decide then maybe 2-3 hours before kickoff and head up and just pay cash on the door, simple as that. Am i fair weather- lacking loyalty? Well when i was single less resposibilty had season tickets ,or went most games through 80s,90s.

thats not how I want to do it now, it dosent fit with my lifestyle- the club is run by wankers, the players are greedy uncaring twats so I dont care, If they dont want my business Thats Ok.

Nothing stopping you going to the box office and buying a ticket there and then for another part of the ground an hour or so before kick off.

Greg, people prefer level 7 to other parts of the ground because people go to football games because of the atmosphere me included.

You could further go onto this debate, by debating the introduction of terracing which would allow more fans which are paying less.

If people want to sit in a certain area, they shouldn't have to fork out £20 on a membership just to sit in that area.

If i have a free sat ( very rare) or its a midweek game, and I finish work- I want to decide then maybe 2-3 hours before kickoff and head up and just pay cash on the door, simple as that. Am i fair weather- lacking loyalty? Well when i was single less resposibilty had season tickets ,or went most games through 80s,90s.

thats not how I want to do it now, it dosent fit with my lifestyle- the club is run by wankers, the players are greedy uncaring twats so I dont care, If they dont want my business Thats Ok.

Nothing stopping you going to the box office and buying a ticket there and then for another part of the ground an hour or so before kick off.

Greg, people prefer level 7 to other parts of the ground because people go to football games because of the atmosphere me included.

You could further go onto this debate, by debating the introduction of terracing which would allow more fans which are paying less.

Funny you should mention that, cos Greg has got me thinking about what Im missing at the match and I  think its the terracing- completely different experience. L7 is closest ive felt its been since they went all seat.

I struggle to understand how anybody could prefer to watch a game on TV than go and watch it live or prefer to watch a stream is laughable.  Some people are genuinely skint and can't afford to go to the match.  I'd feed my family before paying to watch football but some of the reasons being given for non-attendance are bizarre.  If people are so hard up that they are prioritising luxuries then I can understand that as football isn’t the most important thing in life.  I also understand that people have to work when they can get it because you don't know what will happen regarding employment in the short term never mind long term.

The club is forcing people to pay for a membership so that they can get into Level 7 corner, the deal gives them an eventual saving of £5 and they still will not go.  Personally I find that hard to take in, it’s an excuse for not going and nothing else.

I struggle to understand how anybody could prefer to watch a game on TV than go and watch it live or prefer to watch a stream is laughable. 

I dont prefer to watch on tv or watch on a stream than watch in person.... but I prefer to watch on tv or stream than pay to watch in person and pay to travel in to town. Too much effort, and taking on an expense that I don't need to take on.

Guest neesy111

I struggle to understand how anybody could prefer to watch a game on TV than go and watch it live or prefer to watch a stream is laughable.  Some people are genuinely skint and can't afford to go to the match.  I'd feed my family before paying to watch football but some of the reasons being given for non-attendance are bizarre.  If people are so hard up that they are prioritising luxuries then I can understand that as football isn’t the most important thing in life.  I also understand that people have to work when they can get it because you don't know what will happen regarding employment in the short term never mind long term.

The club is forcing people to pay for a membership so that they can get into Level 7 corner, the deal gives them an eventual saving of £5 and they still will not go.  Personally I find that hard to take in, it’s an excuse for not going and nothing else.

I'm not paying for a membership that I will use one though.

I dont prefer to watch on tv or watch on a stream than watch in person.... but I prefer to watch on tv or stream than pay to watch in person and pay to travel in to town. Too much effort, and taking on an expense that I don't need to take on.

I don't understand your point of view as I've never felt like that.  How much effort does it take to get in to Town?  I don't know where you live and it has nothing to do with me but if you're local then the cost isn't going to be that much unless you're one of those who are struggling at the minute.

I struggle to understand how anybody could prefer to watch a game on TV than go and watch it live or prefer to watch a stream is laughable.  Some people are genuinely skint and can't afford to go to the match.  I'd feed my family before paying to watch football but some of the reasons being given for non-attendance are bizarre.  If people are so hard up that they are prioritising luxuries then I can understand that as football isnt the most important thing in life.  I also understand that people have to work when they can get it because you don't know what will happen regarding employment in the short term never mind long term.

The club is forcing people to pay for a membership so that they can get into Level 7 corner, the deal gives them an eventual saving of £5 and they still will not go.  Personally I find that hard to take in, its an excuse for not going and nothing else.

so I will join for myself.ok. then what about the one game a season each of my  kids/ lass want to got to? fuck it,they are just putting obstacles in the way.

Guest neesy111

I struggle to understand how anybody could prefer to watch a game on TV than go and watch it live or prefer to watch a stream is laughable. 

I actually like going to town for a match, get to go and have a few beers, something to eat, meet friends and family and then if the toon win, makes for a very good day out.

I don't understand your point of view as I've never felt like that.  How much effort does it take to get in to Town?  I don't know where you live and it has nothing to do with me but if you're local then the cost isn't going to be that much unless you're one of those who are struggling at the minute.

Nah not struggling, I'm just very, very tight and save a large amount of my money. I only live in Forest Hall, but I'm just very lazy and don't really enjoy traffic and parking. Lazy + Tight = Sit in house playing FIFA and watch shit on streams.

so I will join for myself.ok. then what about the one game a season each of my  kids/ lass want to got to? f*** it,they are just putting obstacles in the way.

Go in another part of the ground where you don't need a membership.

Personally I go to support Newcastle United, if the atmosphere is great that it is a bonus.

Nah not struggling, I'm just very, very tight and save a large amount of my money. I only live in Forest Hall, but I'm just very lazy and don't really enjoy traffic and parking. Lazy + Tight = Sit in house playing FIFA and watch s*** on streams.

Then that's your choice and the club could do very little to change your mind.

Guest neesy111

Not having a membership will not stop you going to many matches, if any.

It won't, but myself and my father both prefer level 7 because of the atmosphere, and level of support the team gets there.  Tbf, I make myself look like an idiot in other parts of the ground because I'm constantly shouting, singing etc, which shows the level of support the team gets now by some fans as disgraceful as proven on sunday.

The difference here is the chasm that exists between the hardcore fans that dig deep financially to support the side in good and bad times and those with a passing interest in the club.

I understand if people don't have money but having the money and choosing not to bother when it's not a major hassle to go is a mentality that I struggle to get my head round. You either support the club or you don't.

so I will join for myself.ok. then what about the one game a season each of my  kids/ lass want to got to? f*** it,they are just putting obstacles in the way.

Go in another part of the ground where you don't need a membership.

Mick- the whole disscusion started over people wanting to in in L7 for a better atmosphere. but yeah, I accept there is the option of going in another part of the ground, which is how it is going to turn out. But I would have prefered the option of walking up to L7 and paying on the door like I did last season.

Guest neesy111

Personally I go to support Newcastle United, if the atmosphere is great that it is a bonus.

One of the reasons in the past of St James' being a fortress was because of the support and initimidaiton the atmosphere would create, seems as though people have totally forgot this.  Like I've said before football is now much a middle class sport as rugby is.

It won't, but myself and my father both prefer level 7 because of the atmosphere, and level of support the team gets there.  Tbf, I make myself look like an idiot in other parts of the ground because I'm constantly shouting, singing etc, which shows the level of support the team gets now by some fans as disgraceful as proven on sunday.

I look like an idiot no matter where I sit so don't expect any sympathy, just enjoy yourself and bollocks to anybody who doesn't like it.

Guest neesy111

This debate could go on for awhile, I feel there is no right or wrong answer.  But Semtex's excuse is pretty lame one, you could say that about going out to do anything for Entertainment/Social wise.

Mick- the whole disscusion started over people wanting to in in L7 for a better atmosphere. but yeah, I accept there is the option of going in another part of the ground, which is how it is going to turn out. But I would have prefered the option of walking up to L7 and paying on the door like I did last season.

I preferred standing in the Leazes and was gutted when they pulled it down, I still enjoyed going in to the Gallowgate, even if it wasn't quite as good.

Dunno if its been posted:

Newcastle’s return to Premier League sets crowd levels on course for record

By Brian Sears

28 September 2010

Premier League attendance levels have risen year-on-year, and if the trend at this fledging stage of the season remains constant through the campaign, crowds will hit record levels in 2010-11, according to analysis and projections by sportingintelligence.

Our statistical reasoning is summarised in the table below, more of which in a moment, but the simple explanation is that Newcastle United’s big crowds are key to the positive change. The Toon Army are back in hefty numbers and they will be key to the making or (not) breaking of a divisional attendance record.

Top-flight crowds overall are holding up reasonably well with a few exceptions. As our table shows, Everton’s crowds for their home games in August and September are up 2.1 per cent on the levels in the same months last year, while Fulham, Manchester City, Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham are all up too, albeit slightly.

The biggest fallers are Wigan (down more than 12 per cent), Bolton, Blackburn and Stoke, while the rest of the clubs have dipped just a bit compared to the same time last year, when most clubs had also played three home league games, as now.

The key to the predicted overall rise in crowds, possibly to record levels, is the replacement of relegated Hull, Burnley and Portsmouth with Newcastle, West Brom and Blackpool.

The newcomers have respectively averaged home crowds so far this season of 45,019, 23,442, and 15,715, for a total average home gate for the trio of 84,177 (note 1 in the table), whereas Hull, Burnley and Pompey had total average home gates at this stage last season of 61,935 (note 2). So the newcomers collectively, thanks to Newcastle, are attracting more than 22,000 extra people per home match to the Premier League.

But our calculations for the season’s total cannot be based on something as simple as Newcastle bringing in 22,000-plus people per 19 home games. Naw pet; it’s not that simple.

Look instead at the total number of tickets sold in the Premier League in August and September 2009 (2,170,949 in 66 games for an average crowd of 32,893) and then compare it to the numbers this year, or 2,085,366 in 60 games for an average of 34,756 (see note 3).

That is the key trend to note: that increase in average gate across the division of 5.66 per cent.

Now look at what happened to the average gate for the whole of 2009-10: it grew from 32,893 at the end of September to 34,151 by the season’s end, for all the normal reasons including the slow seasonal starts because of holidays being boosted later during the festive season at Christmas and by run-ins with all kinds of honours to chase and ignominies to avoid.

The “uplift” in the end-of-September average to the end-of-season average was 3.82 per cent or thereabouts last season and if we apply that same uplift to the current average of 34,756, then the season’s average becomes 36,085 fans per game (note 4) and the season’s total will become 13,712,366, or a record number of fans in the Premier League era, pipping the 13,708,875 total of 2007-08.

There are no guarantees, of course. These are early days and that record of three seasons ago could stand unbeaten for a while yet.

But the statistics certainly suggest a challenge is in the offing, and there is some spare capacity at key grounds (including Newcastle and West Brom) to allow average crowds to get bigger yet. Newcastle are currently averaging 45,000 in a stadium that holds more than 52,000. As Delia might say: great support from many of the Toon, now let’s be ‘avin the rest of you.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/PL-record-crowds-28.9.10.jpg

I preferred standing in the Leazes and was gutted when they pulled it down, I still enjoyed going in to the Gallowgate, even if it wasn't quite as good.

Im sure us oldies have been here before- My dad used to take me in the leazes corner next east stand, them fuckers in the middle section then were mental- was that you?

Btw ive just read TT post our average this seaso is 45k.... wtf is dissapointing about that?

Im sure us oldies have been here before- My dad used to take me in the leazes corner next east stand, them fuckers in the middle section then were mental- was that you?

Btw ive just read TT post our average this seaso is 45k.... wtf is dissapointing about that?

I always went right behind the goal about half way up.  We would see the same people around us at every game, it was a bit like having a seat as we made friends with people from all over.

Our gate is good considering the financial shit the country and our area is in.

Nah not struggling, I'm just very, very tight and save a large amount of my money. I only live in Forest Hall, but I'm just very lazy and don't really enjoy traffic and parking. Lazy + Tight = Sit in house playing FIFA and watch s*** on streams.

Then that's your choice and the club could do very little to change your mind.

If it were dirt cheap, or I was able to get a season ticket, I'd go. But due to being away for x months in the year, a season ticket is just stupid. And tickets are far from dirt cheap. I'd be all over the Arsenal game if it was £10. Possibly at £15.