Shola Is The Best Striker At The Club

Crumpy Gunt

Why do people rate Guthrie so highly? He really isn't very good and definitely nowhere near Barton. He may have good technique but he goes missing nearly all the time.

Nowhere near Barton :lol:

He isn't.

The line "He may have good technique but he goes missing nearly all the time." instantly makes him better than Barton.

Total knee-jerk reaction. He may have had a few bad games but he was f***ing quality at the start of the season.

It's another case of the less he plays the better he gets :lol:

fucking quality my arse. He had a good game against Villa (incidently the game that made Kevin Nolan look like a Premiership midfielder) but other than that, he's been very 'meh' - and that's his entire career here. The past few weeks in particular he's been dire.

And if you care to look back through threads from a while ago, I've always rated Guthrie, and still do. Got nowt to do with the fact he's not playing.

Guthrie at his worst is almost the midfield equivalent of Lovenkrands, doesn't impose himself and far too often goes unnoticed for an entire 90 minutes.

He does have that wand of a right foot, which Joey doesn't. So he's an option if Barton continues to serve up tripe like yesterday.

Why do people rate Guthrie so highly? He really isn't very good and definitely nowhere near Barton. He may have good technique but he goes missing nearly all the time.

Nowhere near Barton :lol:

He isn't.

The line "He may have good technique but he goes missing nearly all the time." instantly makes him better than Barton.

Total knee-jerk reaction. He may have had a few bad games but he was f***ing quality at the start of the season.

It's another case of the less he plays the better he gets :lol:

f***ing quality my arse. He had a good game against Villa (incidently the game that made Kevin Nolan look like a Premiership midfielder) but other than that, he's been very 'meh' - and that's his entire career here. The past few weeks in particular he's been dire.

And if you care to look back through threads from a while ago, I've always rated Guthrie, and still do. Got nowt to do with the fact he's not playing.

Don't get me wrong, Guthrie is a very talented footballer but he lacks 'guile' or any sort of cutting edge to really take hold of games like Joey Barton occassionally can. If we aren't playing well (which is going to happen a lot this year) Guthrie disappears and does fuck all for the entire game.

Barton is one of the most overrated players we've ever had in my lifetime. His performance yesterday was disgusting.

Mainly overated by himself. Would you swap Barton for Charlie Adam if you had the chance?

Id swap him for Charlie Drake

Barton is one of the most overrated players we've ever had in my lifetime. His performance yesterday was disgusting.

Mainly overated by himself. Would you swap Barton for Charlie Adam if you had the chance?

I'd swap him for Charlie fucking Chalk, he's fucking shit.

Would love to see his goals per game ratio over the last two years. Seems to be pretty consistent since Kinnear brought him back in.

Since relegation, he's had 15 goals from 30 appearances.

Factor in the Premiership season before that, and he's got 19 goals from 52 appearances.

I'd swap him for Charlie fucking Chalk, he's fucking shit.

I see Wullie's got his new figure of hate. :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That chipped ball over the defence to the back post was a thing of wonder (for us). Sadly, it was probably the only thing that worked all night for him.

Barton was very good at Everton and (by all accounts Wolves), also played well v Villa.

He's been poor in our last 3 home games but I'd still has him in the XI.