Billingham Town FC face winding up order

ToonTastic

Portsmouth got a thread so I thought these deserved it. It appears that pro football club Hartlepool have issued a winding up order again amateur and volunteer ran football club Billingham town football club. How low can a club go. You would think football clubs would look out for each other in the lower leagues especially local clubs but it appears not. The case has currently been adjourned as Hartlepool have decided they want negotiations with BTFC but still it's crap.

Guest johnson293

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/north-east-non-league-football/2010/10/24/help-to-avoid-club-tragedy-appeals-chairman-79310-27532847/

According to that, it appears Hartlepool use Billingham Towns' ground for their reserve matches, and have paid £10,000 towards ground improvements there - it is the non-repayment of this bill that has caused the issue, allegedly.

Hartlepool have refused to comment, so far.

EDIT: A bit more info on the Beeb story...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hartlepool_united/9106343.stm

Some quotes:

Tom Donnelly, director of Billingham Town FC, said: “The club committee knew absolutely nothing about this agreement until it was brought to our attention by Hartlepool.”

Mr Donnelly said the agreement means Hartlepool is effectively charging Town rent for playing on its own ground.

He said: “Before the agreement was signed, without our knowledge, Hartlepool were paying us to use our ground.

“We are going to try our best to keep the club going and we have been overwhelmed by support from clubs across the region.”

Since the row erupted, the club has been working with the Northern League to try to resolve the problem with the club.

Mike Amos, chairman of skilltraining ltd Northern League, said: “As a league, we are desperate not to lose one of our best clubs that has tried very hard over the years to establish themselves in the town.

“That said, they have real difficulties because there are a lot of huge issues which need to be resolved before this gets to court on May 18.”

A statement issued by Hartlepool United said: “Despite several warnings to Billingham Town that Hartlepool United would seek and act upon legal advice if the debt owing to Hartlepool United was not paid, Billingham Town continued to ignore payment demands and also continue to play on the pitch at Bedford Terrace, which Hartlepool United was maintaining at their cost.

“For the sake of clarity, Billingham Town were fully aware of the terms of the agreement that they had signed and, despite claims by them that the agreement was signed by a former director, in Hartlepool United’s opinion, it remains valid.”

I'm not too aware of Hartlepool's situation right now, is £10,000 quite a big deal to them? I could understand it if that money's going to have a big impact on them, but if it's just for the hell of getting the debt back and it has no effect on them, then it's just pathetic.

I'm not too aware of Hartlepool's situation right now, is £10,000 quite a big deal to them? I could understand it if that money's going to have a big impact on them, but if it's just for the hell of getting the debt back and it has no effect on them, then it's just pathetic.

This is my point

This is my point

Your joking right?