Copa América

Disco

Romero; Zabaleta, Burdisso, Milito, Zanetti; Gago, Mascherano, Di María; Messi, Higuaín, Kun

Every time I see that defence...

Tears of blood...

Zanetti is still fantastic, though.

Still speaks volumes if the best defender of the nation is a 37 year old.

Abreu :smitten:

Abreu... Abreu... Abreu!!!!!

I don't know if you've seen it but he did dink last season (IIRC in the derby v Fluminese) for Botafogo and missed, got another pen later in the game, stepped up and did the same...scored. Balls of steel.

Abreu :smitten:

Abreu... Abreu... Abreu!!!!!

I don't know if you've seen it but he did dink last season (IIRC in the derby v Fluminese) for Botafogo and missed, got another pen later in the game, stepped up and did the same...scored. Balls of steel.

Yeah, saw it. "Loco" indeed.

Hehe, closeup of Messi not singing the anthem. He's going to get massive stick for that if he doesn't have a good game.

You should have chosen Spain, Leo.

Do Argentinians consider him to be Spanish or something?

Hehe, closeup of Messi not singing the anthem. He's going to get massive stick for that if he doesn't have a good game.

You should have chosen Spain, Leo.

Do Argentinians consider him to be Spanish or something?

Very much so. If he'd gone over when he was 17/18 after having a season at Newell's there wouldn't be such an issue but as he fucked off early doors it rankles big time.

I had no idea there was anything other than love for the kid.

Some do but it's by no means universal. Compared to someone like Tevez he isn't loved as much as people can't relate so much as they don't know him kind of thing. From what I know of the football too they're fairly insular too. Thats what I make of it anyway.