Alan Pardew

JH

Guest neesy111

I think he was the difference between 1 and 3 points today although you can't fault him for leaving Best and Lovenkrands on for so long when you consider how much they cost us.

So the manager is to blame for the poor finishing of his side, laughable.

Why didn't he buy a striker?

Because he wasn't given any money?

Well he claims it was because he was so impressed with the ones we've got.

Well after weeks of claiming that he was going to "bang on the door of the chairman", he was hardly going to turn around and say "Oh well, I'm a gullible b******. He didn't give me any money which is a shame, because all the strikers we've got are s***"

Well after weeks of telling us Andy Carroll wasn't for sale, he sold him so that's an absolutely ridiculous point.

Mick has made the point for me - why bring in an injured midfielder instead of, for example, Sturridge?

Because the money was probably already earmarked for HBA and I doubt Pardew even had much of a say in it either.

My point is, the blame for me lies squarely at the door of the boardroom. I don't blame Pardew for not signing anyone in the window. Like Hughton before him, he's just making the best of a bad situation.

He's just an irrelevant puppet in this whole charade.

Why bring in Ireland instead of a loan striker?

Because when we started the Ireland deal, we were desperately short in midfield, Carroll was still a NUFC player and Shola didn't have a fractured jaw.

That's utter drivel. Our first choice midfield four were all available other than one who was suspended and would be back before Ireland was fit, Carroll we knew was injured for weeks or months and Shola is Shola, consistently either injured or shit.

We've been desperate for another striker all season, not to mention the fact that we were actively attempting to sell Carroll.

:no: and again an anti Ashley protester using the Carroll sale to big up their argument.

Guest neesy111

I agree, but football is a subjective game, especially on discussion forums!

Measuring Pardew just by the progress up or down the table in the tiny amount of time he's been here is mental IMO.

Football is subjective, results aren't.  When can we start to measure progress by using the league table?

At the end of a season.

may not be so funny if it was judged that he couldn't control his players.

I was laughing that Andy was repeating what somebody else had posted earlier.

I thought the "done thing" in here was to beat the same arguments to a pulp. :dontknow:

Todays match was a huge step in the right direction. Can't remember last time we dominated so much. Ironic that we did not bag all points. As already mentioned, it seems like we now are a bit more organized. When you factor in all the injuries and difficult opponents I'm satisfied with the development.

Guest neesy111

What would he have done at the start of the season with Carroll and Shola out then?

Erm... signed a striker.

With what? His own money?

Did Pardew get Ireland with his own money? Didn't realise that, fair play to him.

Xisco and Routledge wages will cover that deal.

I thought the "done thing" in here was to beat the same arguments to a pulp. :dontknow:

beat "newbies" to pulp isn't it ?

You're thinking of the Jonas thread man.

You're thinking of the Jonas thread man.

Tbf he can't cross but at least he takes the pressure off the defence and draws in challenges to win free kicks.

I think he was the difference between 1 and 3 points today although you can't fault him for leaving Best and Lovenkrands on for so long when you consider how much they cost us.

Well after weeks of claiming that he was going to "bang on the door of the chairman", he was hardly going to turn around and say "Oh well, I'm a gullible b******. He didn't give me any money which is a shame, because all the strikers we've got are s***"

Well after weeks of telling us Andy Carroll wasn't for sale, he sold him so that's an absolutely ridiculous point.

Mick has made the point for me - why bring in an injured midfielder instead of, for example, Sturridge?

Because the money was probably already earmarked for HBA and I doubt Pardew even had much of a say in it either.

My point is, the blame for me lies squarely at the door of the boardroom. I don't blame Pardew for not signing anyone in the window. Like Hughton before him, he's just making the best of a bad situation.

Because when we started the Ireland deal, we were desperately short in midfield, Carroll was still a NUFC player and Shola didn't have a fractured jaw.

That's utter drivel. Our first choice midfield four were all available other than one who was suspended and would be back before Ireland was fit, Carroll we knew was injured for weeks or months and Shola is Shola, consistently either injured or shit.

We've been desperate for another striker all season, not to mention the fact that we were actively attempting to sell Carroll.

:no: and again an anti Ashley protester using the Carroll sale to big up their argument.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Guest neesy111

You talking about the club actively looking to sell Carroll.  Obviously the club asked Carroll to ask for a new contract and forced him to put in a transfer request.  You are speculating basically.

You talking about the club actively looking to sell Carroll.  Obviously the club asked Carroll to ask for a new contract and forced him to put in a transfer request.  You are speculating basically.

Gullible doesn't begin to describe it. :jesuswept:

I'm not speculating. I'm stating what anyone with a brain cell can see was absolutely fucking obvious.

If you don't want to see what's right in front of your nose then don't, but don't claim that anyone who does is speculating.

Guest neesy111

I'm not speculating. I'm stating what anyone with a brain cell can see was absolutely fucking obvious.

If you don't want to see what's right in front of your nose then don't, but don't claim that anyone who does is speculating.

It is speculating, your just using your fucking bias against Ashley to twist your own view of what happened.

Fine. Continue to beat up the monkey whilst the organ grinder stands there smugly watching.

But you don't approve of beating up the organ grinder either, you say it's a waste of effort and won't make any difference :lol: Dave, hit the off button, this place is finished :lol:

I never said I didn't approve of going after Ashley. My concern is everything that's been proposed will be like giving him a dead leg as opposed to 'beating him up'.

It hasn't read that way, but ok fair enough. Seriously, have you got any thoughts at all about what can be done to beat him up/change him for the better? It's just that what I've read from you has been ultra-passive, almost to the point of masochism given that you agree they've been poisonous to the club and are likely to continue to be, and it's depressing stuff. Didn't originally intend to spring this on you in here, so apologies for that, but it's just you say you'd flout/weaken any boycott, won't abuse him in in the stadium for fear of the consequences etc. So what do you think can/should be done by supporters to improve the club's future?

Pardew told him to put it in writing, not forced but suggested.

You talking about the club actively looking to sell Carroll.  Obviously the club asked Carroll to ask for a new contract and forced him to put in a transfer request.  You are speculating basically.

carroll said if he wasn't given a new contract he wanted to talk to liverpool, thats what pardew told him to put in writing. ie a transfer request.

carroll said if he wasn't given a new contract he wanted to talk to liverpool, thats what pardew told him to put in writing. ie a transfer request.

Why was he told about the bid from Liverpool?

Why was he told about the bid from Liverpool?

or who told him ?

What was wrong with trying to talk him out of it instead?  I know that he said he would look at the contract in the summer which was probably right, I don't see anything to suggest that we did enough to keep him.

What was wrong with trying to talk him out of it instead?  I know that he said he would look at the contract in the summer which was probably right, I don't see anything to suggest that we did enough to keep him.

what more can you say when he knocks back the offer of a new one in the summer...."ah howay man, gan on!"

Don't see anything negative about Pardew's reign so far, except he's not Chris Hughton.

I disagree, but assuming you're taking the mick out of the last idea, I'd also say him not being Chris Hughton is important in itself, never mind the qualities he offered. He'd done special things for this club, he had a relationship with supporters that means he should be offered loyalty and seen as more than just 'manager x'.

I'm not saying this is itself should be held against Pardew (not saying it shouldn't either...), but I think it's an important point to make as I've seen displays of disloyalty towards him around that I'd consider no different to gloryhunting. If you're not going to be bothered about a good person being dumped if you agree there's no good reason, let alone actually screwed in the process, then what's the point of it all?

what more can you say when he knocks back the offer of a new one in the summer...."ah howay man, gan on!"

Try to talk him into staying instead of throwing the towel in.

And if he doesn't, he's just signed a new deal so what difference does it make what he wants?