Alan Pardew

JH

Really don't feel Pardew is to blame here. What could he've done different? Yes, he has lied, but that is more down to Ashley running the show.

I don't blame him for Barton going, but as I've said before, he's either a bare faced liar, or is happy to accept to be constantly lied to by his employers. Either way, I can't respect him.

Really don't feel Pardew is to blame here. What could he've done different? Yes, he has lied, but that is more down to Ashley running the show.

I don't blame him for Barton going, but as I've said before, he's either a bare faced liar, or is happy to accept to be constantly lied to by his employers. Either way, I can't respect him.

So what should he do?

What would you do? Would you accept being constantly lied to by your employers? (presuming of course he isn't just a liar himself).

So he walks...then what?

Btw, I accept him making a stand wouldn't get nufc any further forward, as he'd be replaced by some other puppet, but at least he'd have some f***ing pride.

He knew what he was coming into.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What would you do? Would you accept being constantly lied to by your employers? (presuming of course he isn't just a liar himself).

He needs more time in the job to broaden his CV.

He knows if he is top 8 in January and the board are still fucking around he can resign from a position of strength

Don't avoid the question, man. What do you reckon he should do? He can't do nowt except pushing for players to come in.

He needs more time in the job to broaden his CV.

He knows if he is top 8 in January and the board are still f***ing around he can resign from a position of strength

People were saying similar about Hughton 9 months ago tbf.

Btw, I accept him making a stand wouldn't get nufc any further forward, as he'd be replaced by some other puppet, but at least he'd have some f***ing pride.

He knew what he was coming into.

Again, I can't respect him.

Don't avoid the question, man. What do you reckon he should do? He can't do nowt except pushing for players to come in.

Sorry, diet mean to avoid it, thought what I had said was pretty self explanatory, make a stand. That's what I think he should do.

That'd be the case with any manager of Newcastle then for as long as Ashley remains. :lol:

I don't disagree. As I said, we won't be any further forward should he grow a backbone, but he'd gain some respect at least.

I accept the point he knew what he was coming into, which is why I question him massively as a person.

He shouldn't risk his job. Not now at least. It would be devastating if Pardew left at this point.  And tbf, he's done good under given circumstances.

I agree entirely that we have started well, he has to take credit for that, but how long can he carry on for? Being constantly lied to?

I also agree on the disaster point, which makes it all so desperately depressing.

Personally though I can't see that what he has done from day one has pushed for players to either be brought in or retained.  He's sucked the big old cock and misrepresented the actual situation to the media and the supporter of the club.

That'd be the case with any manager of Newcastle then for as long as Ashley remains. :lol:

I don't disagree. As I said, we won't be any further forward should he grow a backbone, but he'd gain some respect at least.

I accept the point he knew what he was coming into, which is why I question him massively as a person.

See, this is where I disagree. Work isn't always a cakewalk, employers are never always perfect.

He came to a club where he wasn't wanted by the fans from day one and has done a pretty solid job. It shows some character to get on with your job and work with what you've got. Of course he'd have preferred one or two of the players gone still to be here, or one or two missed targets to be here as well, but he's still got a pretty talented group to work with and as long as he gets them playing, he'll have my support and respect.

Ball-less man and the worst kind of yes-man there is: an Ashley yes-man.

Hope to f*** he doesn't quit though :D

I think you'll see it happening at more and more clubs in our boat tbh. I bet whoever comes in after Moyes at Everton is going to have fun trying to convince Kenwright to keep the likes of Baines & Jagielka, we've already seen at Villa they're tightening their purse strings, do you think McLeish had much say in Downing going? Sure they got N'Zogbia, but they're still around £20m in profit over the past year and McLeish has been told it's freebies & loans from now on.