Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BooBoo

He clearly identified that we were looking for a defender. He's not involved though in getting a deal done. We made a bid for the lad, got rebuffed and decided to gamble on Williamson. A mistake, but I don't see how Pardew can be blamed for it.

Guest Deadmau5

If you accept the notion that he had no blame in not getting a defender in, can you then credit him for getting Cabaye, Ba and Santon in the door?

Guest BooBoo

If Ba hadn't been on fire those few weeks we'd be seeing a more realisitc picture. That is the truth of it.

But he was on fire. If we're saying that players are now performing poorly due to coaching/tactics then surely when players are on form then it's down to the same?

Guest BooBoo

If you accept the notion that he had no blame in not getting a defender in, can you then credit him for getting Cabaye, Ba and Santon in the door?

Not particularly.

Actions louder than words and all that. If you valued it moreso as you said earlier, your satisfaction would outweight your dissastisfaction. It clearly doesnt as you post criticism of Pardew on here daily.

I'll decide what I post, thanks.  I'm more than happy that we won again yesterday, our performance after 20 or 30 minutes at home to Norwich isn't good enough and I'll say so.

If Ba hadn't been on fire those few weeks we'd be seeing a more realisitc picture. That is the truth of it.

But he was on fire. If we're saying that players are now performing poorly due to coaching/tactics then surely when players are on form then it's down to the same?

Player plays well = It's the player digging the manager out of a hole

Player doesn't play well = Pardew's fault

Ba perhaps. He's as good as admitted Cabye and Santon were the work of Carr.

Dont get the impression hes been involved with choosing many of them directly apart from Ba/Cisse who were apparently mostly him

Wake up man. I'm talking about the fact as a team we don't create many chances. That's what I mean about Ba. He scored what to me looked like quite a few half chances.

Guest Deadmau5

Everyone seems to agree that points and table are better than expected.

The difference seem to be that while some have looming concerns over how we actually play, others are adamant that there is nothing wrong at all and it is either win ugly or lose beautifully as long as we have ryan taylor and simpson as fullbacks.

But Simpson has been playing every single game for pardew and he has specifically told the press that if it wasnt for Danny Simpson, we would never be sixth.

Both players are also handed or offered new contracts.

So where excactly is it coming from that we will not have the excact same players starting in the excact same positions come august this year? With wingers having to cover them just as they are now?

I just dont see this massive summer paradigm that some on here seem to be advocating.

Guest BooBoo

Ryan Taylor is a decent utility player who's been of use this season. No qualms with him getting a new deal.

If RVP wasn't so good, Arsenal would be mid-table.

If Messi wasn't so good, Barca wouldn't be the best team in the world.

If Rooney hadn't scored 20 this year, no way Man U would be winning the league.

If Yaya Toure didn't play as often, Man City may not contend for the title.

Team minus best/better players = less points and worse league position.

I'm referring to chances created. Think we're 3rd bottom of the chances created league. CHANCES CREATED MINIMAL BA ON FIRE MAXIMAL. ;)

Guest Deadmau5

Cisse who were apparently mostly him

So he wanted a defender, then decided on a striker instead who he has recently admitted he has problems integrating and stating " there is hardly any point in having him on the pitch" ? Im not so sure, but feel free to present me with evidence to the contrary.

Wake up man. I'm talking about the fact as a team we don't create many chances. That's what I mean about Ba. He scored what to me looked like quite a few half chances.

I'd love to see the stats in comparison with the rest of the league to see how true or not that is.

I'm referring to chances created. Think we're 3rd bottom of the chances created league. CHANCES CREATED MINIMAL BA ON FIRE MAXIMAL. ;)

Your strikers form would influence your strategy though wouldnt it. Theyre not seperate from eachother. If it hadnt been that way we'd have had to adopt a different way of playing to achieve goals/points. As said before, we tried it at Fulham when Ba went off to ACON.

It's not like Ba just gets the ball in defence and runs it into the goal. Lots of his goals have been set up for him mate, or at least passed to him in a promising position.

We're 3rd bottom of chances created league, we're 6th top of actually relevant league.

I'd love to see the stats in comparison with the rest of the league to see how true or not that is.

HOw about nobody scoring but Ba till recently is that simple enough? Well? and don't bring Benyoun into it...:lol:

Cisse who were apparently mostly him

So he wanted a defender, then decided on a striker instead who he has recently admitted he has problems integrating and stating " there is hardly any point in having him on the pitch" ? Im not so sure, but feel free to present me with evidence to the contrary.

Think defender was the priority, then they just found out Cisse had become available which was relatively unexpected and didnt want to miss the opportunity from what i remember reading. Pardew had supposedly watched both Ba/Cisse when he spent time over in germany.