Alan Pardew

JH

Pards has to take some responsibility. If they're running on empty then give the likes of Guthrie, Ferguson, Kadar and Ranger a run then you knob. Hitting it long constantly was obviously the plan and it was fucking disasterous.

Absolutely. His input to the line-up, substitutions and motivation of the players can be debated... but people are forgetting the gameplan itself. Give it to the centre-backs so they can pump it long. That was the gameplan and it was bloody horrendous. The fact he mentioned the pitch size in the post-match interview merely confirms that for me. He saw it as a necessity to play long-ball cos it was a narrow pitch with little space. Bollocks.

No, no, you've got it all wrong. They only hit it long because they were given no options by at least half of the central midfield. And nobody could have predicted that Alan Smith would be rubbish.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pards has to take some responsibility. If they're running on empty then give the likes of Guthrie, Ferguson, Kadar and Ranger a run then you knob. Hitting it long constantly was obviously the plan and it was f***ing disasterous.

:thup:

The players were disgraceful but so was the management. Nobody gets a reprieve today.

I agree it just pisses me off that many on here are blaming solely Pardew based on personal vendettas.

Guthrie would have been lost in a physical game like this.

I suppose he had no intention of plaing Best and Loven for the derby if Shola and Carroll are fit, which is why Ranger didnt start

Fergie should have started LB but Perch, goal aside, had probably his best game in a NUFC shirt v spurs so i see why he did it

His decisions didnt work out and for that he carries the can. The players were far more responsible today imho 

Pards has to take some responsibility. If they're running on empty then give the likes of Guthrie, Ferguson, Kadar and Ranger a run then you knob. Hitting it long constantly was obviously the plan and it was f***ing disasterous.

Absolutely. His input to the line-up, substitutions and motivation of the players can be debated... but people are forgetting the gameplan itself. Give it to the centre-backs so they can pump it long. That was the gameplan and it was bloody horrendous. The fact he mentioned the pitch size in the post-match interview merely confirms that for me. He saw it as a necessity to play long-ball cos it was a narrow pitch with little space. Bollocks.

Yep. What annoyed me though was we had 3 shots on target. 3?!?!?!

Our best shot/chance was a 20 yard strike from Barton. We never had a passage of play to shoot long range. With the pitch being so small and narrow this should have been a must for PL players.'Go on lads, test the keeper from range'. We could have scored/got a corner/scored a parried save. We just didn't think beyond Plan A unfortunately.

Guest neesy111

If Pardew has rejected a bid for Smith, then he'll lose every bit of confidence left in him from me.  Truly awful player who offers 0% to the team.

If Pardew has rejected a bid for Smith, then he'll lose every bit of confidence left in him from me.  Truly awful player who offers 0% to the team.

He's said he's staying so it doesn't matter if there's a bid or not.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Seriously, why the f*** did he risk Tiote?

He wanted to win

There would still be people (albeit fewer) who would be chastising him now for not bringing him on

You could count them on one hand I suspect. Tiote is a defensive midfielder btw.

I know Dave but his impact on the team and his ability to control a midfield by default makes us a more attacking outfit

I did hear Pardew right, didn't I, when he said he was "glad Smith was getting a game"? :lol:

I heard him saying 'He'll do well today' before the match.

Not AP's fault though, he's only used to working with League 1 players so 'Smudger' probably achieves the standards demanded by him.

I did hear Pardew right, didn't I, when he said he was "glad Smith was getting a game"? :lol:

I heard him saying 'He'll do well today' before the match.

Not AP's fault though, he's only used to working with League 1 players so 'Smudger' probably achieves the standards demanded by him.

:iamatwat:

so true...but hey it is not funny. he is our manager :weep:

Guest Mantis

This 'He's won 3 out of 5 league games' is fine from a numbers perspective, though the Liverpool win was nowt to do with him, he just happened to be there, even Joey said so.  As for Wigan, that was a woeful game and Wigan were nearly as poor as we were today.

Guest BooBoo

This 'He's won 3 out of 5 league games' is fine from a numbers perspective, though the Liverpool win was nowt to do with him, he just happened to be there, even Joey said so.  As for Wigan, that was a woeful game and Wigan were nearly as poor as we were today.

That's exactly what I'm on about. A silly attempt to mitigate Pardew's wins by playing them down.

That's exactly what I'm on about. A silly attempt to mitigate Pardew's wins by playing them down.

'Pardews' wins, 'players' defeats? Aye, splendid that.

He fucking played one of the three down himself! :lol:

Thing is.  Our first XI in the system that Hughton left us playing is good enough to compete with everyone in the league. 

Slight tampers, i.e. Barton infield/left sided, more than 2 key players missing, i.e. tiote/carroll/jose and we're no better than an average CCC club.  Pardew should be aware of this, yet his squad selection and idiotic substitution make me think that he really isn't quiet up to speed yet.

I'd go as far as saying that missing jonas cost us some balance today as well.  Was he injured?

He fucking played one of the three down himself! :lol:

And the other two will probably be playing Championship football next year.

Still, well in Pards. Fucking Pards.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He f***ing played one of the three down himself! :lol:

And the other two will probably be playing Championship football next year.

Still, well in Pards. f***ing Pards.

?

Guest BooBoo

My point is that its daft to say:

We win- "Well we won because we beat a shit a team. No credit to Pardew."

We lose- "Fucking cunt, get the wanker Pardew out now!"

Thing is.  Our first XI in the system that Hughton left us playing is good enough to compete with everyone in the league. 

Slight tampers, i.e. Barton infield/left sided, more than 2 key players missing, i.e. tiote/carroll/jose and we're no better than an average CCC club.  Pardew should be aware of this, yet his squad selection and idiotic substitution make me think that he really isn't quiet up to speed yet.

I'd go as far as saying that missing jonas cost us some balance today as well.  Was he injured?

Don't worry about that. Alan's got more experience than CH, so he'll sort out any tactical issues where CH let us down.

Oh wait..................

Urgh, i hate this argument, it was exactly the same with Hughton. He was praised for the Wigan game and the excellent performance against West Ham (most notably putting faith in Best, plus a good bit of man-management)... but he'll be pilloried for this abysmal display - a lot of which, like it or not, he contributed to. It's still early days to make any conrete judgements and he's still, imo, suffering from some post-Hughton-aftermath.

We'll have better grounds to firmly judge starting with the result of the transfer window, and the final league position.

I've got absolutely no issue with people laying into him after performanes like today, though.

I love how Pardew before the match was talking about how we were going to qualify for Europe through the FA cup.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done!!!

My point is that its daft to say:

We win- "Well we won because it was because we beat a shit a team. No credit to Pardew."

We lose- "Fucking cunt, get the wanker Pardew out now!"

We did beat shit teams, and people still gave credit to Pardew. Have a look through the last few pages of this thread before today.