Alan Pardew

JH

To lame the whole blame on Pardew is totally out of order and shows that many on here just have an agenda against the guy.

What agenda do people have and why?

Quite a few of the criticisms levied at Pardew, when they levied at Hughton, those same people were defending him. I know because I was doing the criticising (for example, see Colocho's comments about "we're only 6 points off the relegation zone. Things aren't going that great" - when I said that about Hughton, I thought I was going to get my eyes torn out)

I've got a feeling no one knows that better than the man himself right now !

To paraphrase, we are where we are right now and we're missing Tiote for 3 games, so regretable as it is we'll just have to get on with life without him, as best we can.

We'll see.

and hope.......

Pardew seems too arrogant to learn from any mistakes he will make. He's come here as the complete manager in his and Ashleys eyes, him even admitting to himself he's in the wrong would signal weakness which he believes he doesn't have. I feel there is no chance of him learning from any mistakes he's made which was my main hope with Hughton.

Evidence please.

Guest neesy111

Pardew seems too arrogant to learn from any mistakes he will make. He's come here as the complete manager in his and Ashleys eyes, him even admitting to himself he's in the wrong would signal weakness which he believes he doesn't have. I feel there is no chance of him learning from any mistakes he's made which was my main hope with Hughton.

I don't think he'll learn either, at Southampton he was supposed to reach the play-offs and went for a Mickey Mouse trophy instead, missing out on the play-offs.

Southampton fans are split on his record there, the one I met a month back was positive in appraising Pardew, but have heard bad stories as well.

Some people on here have been OTT with their criticism of Pardew about this decision imo that is all.

I agree that some is OTT when that is taken on its own but when put into the context of how the game was going then I think he deserves all the stick he gets.

Guest neesy111

The fact is apart from Stevenage we have looked more solid of a team under Pardew imo and I think he's tactically better in organising teams which helps us to become more solid.

Quite a few of the criticisms levied at Pardew, when they levied at Hughton, those same people were defending him. I know because I was doing the criticising (for example, see Colocho's comments about "we're only 6 points off the relegation zone. Things aren't going that great" - when I said that about Hughton, I thought I was going to get my eyes torn out)

I also had a go at Hughton when he made a mistake, that’s life.  The thing with Hughton was that he didn't have the flaws that were seeing from Pardew.  I do not believe for one minute that we would have seen the display against Stevenage under Hughton and we wouldn’t be going into the mackem game thread bare.  I have no doubt at all that we wouldn’t be going into the mackem game without Tiote if Hughton was still here.

I'm no fan of your current manager, but certainly he has the right to think he can safely send a player out without thinking he'll be sent off. Best of it Tiote will learn to control his tackling a bit more, he seems to pick a lot of cards.

Tiote didn't finish the West Ham game, he should have been nowhere near Stevenage.

Guest neesy111

Some people on here have been OTT with their criticism of Pardew about this decision imo that is all.

I agree that some is OTT when that is taken on its own but when put into the context of how the game was going then I think he deserves all the stick he gets.

Will imo it wasn't the wrong decision at the time because while people will say he was bringing an DM the fact was the reason we were 2-0 down was because of our shocking midfield being overran by Stevenage and he wanted to bring Tiote on to remove that problem.  In hindsight it was, but hindsight is a wonderful thing that no-one can use sadly.

Southampton fans are split on his record there, the one I met a month back was positive in appraising Pardew, but have heard bad stories as well.

Pardew had the highest budget in the division and his target was to reach a play-off position and he failed.

The fact is apart from Stevenage we have looked more solid of a team under Pardew imo and I think he's tactically better in organising teams which helps us to become more solid.

I've seen no evidence of that.

Guest neesy111

I also had a go at Hughton when he made a mistake, that’s life.  The thing with Hughton was that he didn't have the flaws that were seeing from Pardew.  I do not believe for one minute that we would have seen the display against Stevenage under Hughton and we wouldn’t be going into the mackem game thread bare.  I have no doubt at all that we wouldn’t be going into the mackem game without Tiote if Hughton was still here.

I can't agree with you at all there.

For one, at least Pardew is being brave with his substitutions unlike Hughton, should remember that helped us win the game v Liverpool.  The reason we are going in thread bare is that we have a load of injuries etc.  I was more concerned that Coloccini played as if he get's injured I can see our defence falling apart badly without him in there.

Pardew had the highest budget in the division and his target was to reach a play-off position and he failed.

Due to a 10 point deduction.

Guest neesy111

I've seen no evidence of that.

Well Mick I think your being very naive tbh about the whole situation imo.

Will imo it wasn't the wrong decision at the time because while people will say he was bringing an DM the fact was the reason we were 2-0 down was because of our shocking midfield being overran by Stevenage and he wanted to bring Tiote on to remove that problem.  In hindsight it was, but hindsight is a wonderful thing that no-one can use sadly.

It had nothing to do with hindsight; Tiote is a defensive midfielder and is as unlikely as Alan Smith is when it comes to turning a 2-0 deficit around.  Replacing 1 man wasn’t going to change a game in which we probably had 7 or 8 players all playing below par.

Would we have beaten Wigan and West Ham under Hughton?

We already did.

Away from home - yes.  But bearing in mind we were dropping easy points under Hughton, I'm not convinced wed have taken 6 points with him in charge.

Guest neesy111

Due to a 10 point deduction.

Was about to post that.

My point is, Hughton makes a mistake and the majority stick up him. Pardew makes the same mistake and he gets criticised.

For what it's worth, I'm not defending him here, just playing devils advocate. I think he's at utter cunt and should learn to keep his mouth shut, the Stevenage performance was absolutely disgusting but I won't criticise his results overall because he's won 3 of the 4 of the games I'd have expected us to win - he's not doing a bad job.

Guest neesy111

It had nothing to do with hindsight; Tiote is a defensive midfielder and is as unlikely as Alan Smith is when it comes to turning a 2-0 deficit around.  Replacing 1 man wasn’t going to change a game in which we probably had 7 or 8 players all playing below par.

Valid point, but i'm sure many would of criticised him as well for not changing things.  The attacking options he had on the bench were dreadful.

For one, at least Pardew is being brave with his substitutions unlike Hughton, should remember that helped us win the game v Liverpool.  The reason we are going in thread bare is that we have a load of injuries etc.  I was more concerned that Coloccini played as if he get's injured I can see our defence falling apart badly without him in there.

You're more concerned about losing Coloccini that Tiote.  Coloccini is going to be no use if he's got no protection in front of him.  As for the brave substitutions, what has he done that Hughton wouldn't have done?

Guest neesy111

You're more concerned about losing Coloccini that Tiote.  Coloccini is going to be no use if he's got no protection in front of him.  As for the brave substitutions, what has he done that Hughton wouldn't have done?

Make substitutions before the 75 minute mark as Hughton did in quite a few matches.  Subs can change games if used correctly and it did against Liverpool with the introductions of Ranger.

I must say his substitutions lost us the game against Stevenage, and as unpopular an opinion that it is, I thought his defensive changes against Wigan were ridiculous too - that shower of s*** were never going to score with us attacking, we had nothing to 'contain' in the second half - all it took was one lapse of concentration (which we're quite good at) or Wigan to find one touch of class, and it'd have been 1-1.