Alan Pardew

JH

And so he should, it's the criticism about transfers that's unjust. Like the fella has a choice.

Why take the job then?

He's decide to work for the c***s and needs to get on with it.

He's being paid to keep his mouth shut and pick the team/tactics. He's done a good job in that respect.

And so he should, it's the criticism about transfers that's unjust. Like the fella has a choice.

Why take the job then?

He's being paid to keep his mouth shut and pick the team/tactics. He's done a good job in that respect.

You thought he got it right yesterday?

He's done reasonably well overall but yesterday was worrying. We'll see what he comes up with at Stoke. 

He got it completely wrong yesterday but he's done a fine job overall. The only real problem I have with him is his frequent inclusion of Lovenkrands.

He was an upgrade for the bloke he replaced, he's supposed to be doing better then he is doing because he's on a par with Hughton.  I don't know how people can claim Pardew is doing well when they complained about the last manager who did no worse.

Of course he's spineless, so was the bloke before him. That's unfortunately the only type of boss we'll ever attract under this lot. You might as well start a thread complaining that the grass is green.

Of course he's spineless, so was the bloke before him. That's unfortunately the only type of boss we'll ever attract under this lot. You might as well start a thread complaining that the grass is green.

I can't argue with that.  :lol:  Being spineless is usually a fairly major weakness in a manager in any business.

He got it completely wrong yesterday but he's done a fine job overall. The only real problem I have with him is his frequent inclusion of Lovenkrands.

I'd go along with that. :thup:

Still maintain that if the playing side of things go tits up then he's going to get criticism. Rough with the smooth.

Why take the job then?

holy shit, someone agrees

:sadnod:

In fact alot talking about people on this forum (including me) falling for the "PR line" of the club, well I think most are falling for this great PR exercise. Appoint a spineless c*** and he'll get all the blame.

The finger is constantly being pointed at the manager, when in reality it should be being pointed as those above him. He's just a puppet, and it's working for Ashley perfectly.

In fact alot talking about people on this forum (including me) falling for the "PR line" of the club, well I think most are falling for this great PR exercise. Appoint a spineless c*** and he'll get all the blame.

The finger is constantly being pointed at the manager, when in reality it should be being pointed as those above him. He's just a puppet, and it's working for Ashley perfectly.

Not constantly, just when he fucks up the starting XI and his subs. Square pegs in round holes don't work and he carries the can. :thup:

Not constantly, just when he f***s up the starting XI and his subs. Square pegs in round holes don't work and he carries the can. :thup:

To which I understand, and have done before. But people have placed the blame on him for the Carroll sale and for not signing players in the transfer window.

I agree to a certain extent but the reason Pardew gets the blame is because he has input into every performance, sometimes positive and sometimes negative.  I'd like to think that those above him don't.

I can't stand Pardew as a person; I think he's the most unlikeable manager we've had since Souness.

To which I understand, and have done before. But people have placed the blame on him for the Carroll sale and for not signing players in the transfer window.

He's the manager, he has to take the blame for transfers in and out.  He didn't tell Carroll that he couldn't go to Liverpool, he told him to put his request in writing.

He's the manager, he has to take the blame for transfers in and out.  He didn't tell Carroll that he couldn't go to Liverpool, he told him to put his request in writing.

Not when he's not backed by his superiors. This is in no way different to Hughton, who was described as "doing his best with what little he had" - Pardew's a cunt, but he's the same manager in the same conditions, being fucked over by his "mates".

And if he had told he couldn't go? Ashley probably would have overruled him.

Not constantly, just when he f***s up the starting XI and his subs. Square pegs in round holes don't work and he carries the can. :thup:

square pegs......like barton on the right wing ?

Barton on the right of midfield has worked tbf. The exception rather than the rule though.

Barton on the right of midfield has worked tbf. The exception rather than the rule though.

how many other squre pegs has he played ?

yesterday seemed an all round poor performance rather than blaming those two, the left and centre (from the tv at leat) were equally as bad.

yesterday seemed an all round poor performance rather than blaming those two, the left and centre (from the tv at leat) were equally as bad.

He started a RB at RW, and a CB at RB. When given the choice or bringing of Ferguson to replace Enrique like for like he decided to play the RB who was playing RW back to LB, and move a striker to RW.

None of the players who played out of position played well.

He started a RB at RW, and a CB at RB. When given the choice or bringing of Ferguson to replace Enrique like for like he decided to play the RB who was playing RW back to LB, and move a striker to RW.

None of the players who played out of position played well.

a CB whom many were saying was the best right back at the club till recently. with what we had at our disposal yesterday someone was going to be out of position. it's not like he has a fat sam type mania for it.