Alan Pardew

JH

he wants to be away because clubs he percieves to be bigger right now are after him. do you think he'd be staying if hughton were still here ?

I think Enrique would be staying if Hughton had stayed.

he wants to be away because clubs he percieves to be bigger right now are after him. do you think he'd be staying if hughton were still here ?

We will never know.

Can't believe anyone can say Hughton doesn't get absolutely slated on here. People actually slag his signings then in the next post will say "Oh but poor old Pardew has no say over transfers" - no, he's absolutely f***ing clueless, that's the problem.

"We're better off without Carroll", ok Alan I believe you.

Has Alan said this? :lol:

He sold him!

I'm staggered that anybody can defend him after today's display. Cost us having millions of pounds and finishing above the mackems, all because he wanted to give Alan Smith a run out!?

i don't. i think he was going as soon as carroll left and carroll would have left regardless of who was manager at that price.

even the summer may not tell, the autumn will be a better guide.

Why Autumn?

Be fair Mick, judge him after the summer/in January/next summer/after next summer. Souness-esque, then everyone will claim they knew he was shit all along, like they did with that fool.

Why Autumn?

because the trannsfer window shuts in september then we have to have at least a week or two to see what he;s done with the window. i'd have thought that was pretty basic.

i don't. i think he was going as soon as carroll left and carroll would have left regardless of who was manager at that price.

I was told in late December or early January that he'd fallen out with Pardew and posted it on here somewhere.  I was told then that he would probably be away.

Why Autumn?

Be fair Mick, judge him after the summer/in January/next summer/after next summer. Souness-esque, then everyone will claim they knew he was shit all along, like they did with that fool.

Pretty sure everyone thought Souness was shit all along. Didn't they?

I was told in late December or early January that he'd fallen out with Pardew and posted it on here somewhere.  I was told then that he would probably be away.

tell me more, particularly about the reasons for the fall out.

Why Autumn?

Be fair Mick, judge him after the summer/in January/next summer/after next summer. Souness-esque, then everyone will claim they knew he was s*** all along, like they did with that fool.

Pretty sure everyone thought Souness was s*** all along. Didn't they?

i gave him far too much time, waiting for injuries to clear up etc.

Why Autumn?

Be fair Mick, judge him after the summer/in January/next summer/after next summer. Souness-esque, then everyone will claim they knew he was s*** all along, like they did with that fool.

Aye, because that's what people are saying...

Judge him after the Summer window - that's what people are saying. That's all people have ever said.

There's no changing it to the next transfer window, or the transfer window after that. No blindly defending him, or slating Hughton to the high hills. Nobody defending him on today's performance. Nobody saying he has no say on transfers and Hughton did. Nobody saying he's a great manager and has done wonders for us.

But do continue. I actually think you and Mick are great posters as well.

because the trannsfer window shuts in september then we have to have at least a week or two to see what he;s done with the window. i'd have thought that was pretty basic.

OK, so you're basically giving him the transfer window.

Why Autumn?

Pretty sure everyone thought Souness was s*** all along. Didn't they?

i gave him far too much time, waiting for injuries to clear up etc.

Never wanted him. He had the benefit of a first season in which all he had to do was rescue us from a brink that probably never existed. That gave him kudos in some quarters. Not much different from Pardew in that respect, imo. FWIW, I hated Souness from the off and I bloody detest Pardew. Let's see what happens in summer.