Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Howaythetoon

We've had a decent start to the season no doubt which cannot be denied but even during our good run I wasn't overley convinced and as a result I've went all the way back to Big Sam's time here. He was sacked after 21 games and his record read:

Won 7

Drew 5

Lost 9

For 27

Against 33

27 Points

At that point he was universally (almost) castigated for our performances and form with many fearing relegation etc. etc.

Our form and results this season in our first 21 games under Pardew:

Won 10

Drew 6

Lost 5

For 30

Against 25

36 points

And now Hughton in his first 21 games last season, a manager not deemed good enough and someone who many feel Pardew is a big upgrade on or has been:

Won 8

Drew 4

Lost 9

For 34

Against 31

28 points

I don't quite know what I'm trying to get at here but looking at the respective records, there isn't a great deal in it and worringly, if you reversed our season now to start game 28 as the first all the way back to game 7 as the 21st, Pardew's record would be worse and all this given the best side we've had since Sir Bobby's days in a season where the usual contenders if you like such as Arsenal, Liverpool and even your Everton's and Villa's have all had poor seasons compared to our "great" or "very good" one.

Guest VaVaVoom

There is nothing remotely good about our team at the moment other than the abilities of certain individuals.

Are we hard to beat? We've lost 7 games to date in 28 matches.

Are we tough to score against? We've condeded 41 goals in 28 matches. In short we are likely to concede in every match and given we have only scored 40 goals, that means we are more likely to either draw or lose a game than win.

Are we capable of beating sides? We've won a healthy 12 but we've lost 7 and drew 8, that's 15 games we haven't won.

Our strengths are:

High work ethic

Team spirit

Individual brilliance

That is all our side has to offer. Tactically we are a mess. The shape, the system, the roles of key players, are all wrong.

For us to win a game the opposition have to be either really poor and really unlucky while we need a combination of good luck, individual brilliance and valiant effort in terms of work ethic and team spirit. We do not beat teams systematically via a combination of tactics, fluid team play and possession football.

It is pardew's job and the coaches to assess the strengths of our side based on the players we have and to date all they seem capable of creating is a hard working and motivated group with great team spirit. Our tactics are primitive and basic. Our team-shape is rigid and lacks compactness and fluidity. Our team lineups are often all wrong too. Pardew has a habit of sending out the wrong side with players in wrong positions. Barton wide left away to Stevenage. Ryan Taylor at left-back or central midfield or right-wing. Obertan as a withdrawn striker.

There is nothing to our side that a similar hard working side cannot compete against. Worryingly such sides like QPR, Wolves and Villa, all terrorised us at points of those respective games. QPR cut us open at least 5 times and but for poor finishing we could have been several goals down before the break. Villa had similar chances. Wolves came back from 2-0 down and had enough chances to actually win the game.

Tiote and Cabaye play far too deep and the gap between them and the forwards is ridiculous. Ba is often isolated up top. When Ryan Taylor plays he drifts infield too much. Our full-backs are not encouraged to get to the byeline or to overlap. Pardew can be seen regularly telling them to stop at around the half-way line. Meaning Jonas has to do all the wing play when he's often teamed up on by 2 to 3 players. Its now happening with Ben Arfa on the right too. Defensively we either hold a high line or a deep line depending on the opposition or game. There is no campactness there, no fluidity. All defenders are encouraged to hit an early ball or to get it forwards quickly, this means a long ball to the front. The 'keeper is instructed likewise. We play a narrow game in midfield. Our tactics are negative and counter productive, designed to contain the opposition and to keep clean sheets. Tactics that clearly don't work because we cannot contain the opposition nor keep a clean sheet. We are utterly hopeless as an attacking force.

We seldom create clear cut chances or enough to comfortably beat the opposition. We allow the opposition too much time on the ball and to dominate our midfield also.

If we have serious designs on finishing in the top 6 on a regular basis and playing in Europea, he needs replaced because he cannot cut the msutard. Our players can though.

I normally strongly dislike your posts, like our football they are far too negative but this post actually accurately sums us up. If only we could get this post to one of the backroom staff to read!

Having said that, HTT, i dont hate AP like you do, not even close, i think he does care about the club and we ARE moving forward. We are 6th! 6th whilsts playing shite with a talented 1st team of players. Do you not think we will improve? I do. Developing a good brand of football takes time, ability and understanding between players not to mention a consistent starting 11.

We have not been blessed in the latter what with injuries, suspensions and international commitments. We have time and ability to forge the understanding within the group.

I think AP does want us to play attacking football but its a building process. This season was always going to be a building job, its just so happened that we have got to 6th whilst being relatively poor.

Fwiw i think some good football will break out in the last 10 games and see us into europe. That in itself will bring in better players to fill in those weak positions and in turn hopefully encourage even better football next season. Exposure to european football will also help us develop a better brand of football.

People want too much too soon in my opinion. We are 6th ffs.

I normally strongly dislike your posts, like our football they are far too negative but this post actually accurately sums us up. If only we could get this post to one of the backroom staff to read!

Having said that, HTT, i dont hate AP like you do, not even close, i think he does care about the club and we ARE moving forward. We are 6th! 6th whilsts playing s**** with a talented 1st team of players. Do you not think we will improve? I do. Developing a good brand of football takes time, ability and understanding between players not to mention a consistent starting 11.

We have not been blessed in the latter what with injuries, suspensions and international commitments. We have time and ability to forge the understanding within the group.

I think AP does want us to play attacking football but its a building process. This season was always going to be a building job, its just so happened that we have got to 6th whilst being relatively poor.

Fwiw i think some good football will break out in the last 10 games and see us into europe. That in itself will bring in better players to fill in those weak positions and in turn hopefully encourage even better football next season. Exposure to european football will also help us develop a better brand of football.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Having said that, HTT, i dont hate AP like you do, not even close, i think he does care about the club and we ARE moving forward. We are 6th! 6th whilsts playing s**** with a talented 1st team of players. Do you not think we will improve? I do. Developing a good brand of football takes time, ability and understanding between players not to mention a consistent starting 11.

:lol:

Since when do you win prizes after 28 games. :lol:

Guest VaVaVoom

You laugh but there was a deliberate point in that.

Some people just act as if they dont know. Or just are ungrateful and/or just plain idiotic.

Wanting AP out because we are not playing magic football whilst we occupy SIXTH spot is pathetic.

And now Hughton in his first 21 games last season, a manager not deemed good enough and someone who many feel Pardew is a big upgrade on or has been:

Won 8

Drew 4

Lost 9

For 34

Against 31

28 points

Just to clarify for everyone who unreservedly believes HTT's fibs, Hughton only managed us for 16 league games last season.

Here's his actual record:

16 games

19 points

(Basically identical to our 'terrible current form' under Alan 'cannot cut the mustard' Pardew) :lol:

Some people just act as if they dont know. Or just are ungrateful and/or just plain idiotic.

Wanting AP out because we are not playing magic football whilst we occupy SIXTH spot is pathetic.

Everybody knows where we are in the league, the idiots are the ones who think everything is going well and couldn't see our poor performances coming.  They even still try to find excuses for the inexcusable.

Guest neesy111

Neesy you're so bitter at the moment, things really aren't as bad as they're being made out.

Hence why Sunday is so crucial.

Guest Wally_McFool

Fuck that, some of us are more nearer to meeting our maker than you are.

I want success and I want it now!

*stamps feet and has a paddy!*

Guest neesy111

Won 8

Drew 4

Lost 9

For 34

Against 31

28 points

Just to clarify for everyone who unreservedly believes HTT's fibs, Hughton only managed us for 16 league games last season.

Here's his actual record:

16 games

19 points

(Basically identical to our 'terrible current form' under Alan 'cannot cut the mustard' Pardew) :lol:

Pardew is working with a better squad though ???

Guest VaVaVoom

Everybody knows where we are in the league, the idiots are the ones who think everything is going well and couldn't see our poor performances coming.  They even still try to find excuses for the inexcusable.

Yeah...playing poor football but sitting in a european spot in our second season back is totally inexcusable...

Its all about perspective. Why do I have to be in the 'Pardew out' camp or the 'blind to the truth' camp? I know noone is directly saying this on this forum but there seems to be an underlying subconcious pressure that u must have one opinion or the other.

My view is that Pardew has done a very good job but I do have concerns over some of the recent performance but not enough to question his position as manager.

Yeah...playing poor football but sitting in a european spot in our second season back is totally inexcusable...

We're not in a European spot.

Guest VaVaVoom

Its all about perspective. Why do I have to be in the 'Pardew out' camp or the 'blind to the truth' camp? I know noone is directly saying this on this forum but there seems to be an underlying subconcious pressure that u must have one opinion or the other.

My view is that Pardew has done a very good job but I do have concerns over some of the recent performance but not enough to question his position as manager.

I would be of the same opinion.

Guest VaVaVoom

So there is no way we can get into europe finishing 6th?

Fuck of man you pedantic moron... :lol: ;)

Guest neesy111

No doubt VaVaVoom was one of those clamouring for Glenn Roeder to be given the job FT after getting us to 7th, completely failing to see what a rubbish manager he was.