Alan Pardew

JH

Guest neesy111

You laugh but there was a deliberate point in that.

Some people just act as if they dont know. Or just are ungrateful and/or just plain idiotic.

Wanting AP out because we are not playing magic football whilst we occupy SIXTH spot is pathetic.

Everybody knows where we are in the league, the idiots are the ones who think everything is going well and couldn't see our poor performances coming.  They even still try to find excuses for the inexcusable.

Yeah...playing poor football but sitting in a european spot in our second season back is totally inexcusable...

We're not in a European spot.

So there is no way we can get into europe finishing 6th?

Fuck of man you pedantic moron... :lol: ;)

We can, but as things stand we are not in Europe.  :lol:

Some people just act as if they dont know. Or just are ungrateful and/or just plain idiotic.

Wanting AP out because we are not playing magic football whilst we occupy SIXTH spot is pathetic.

Everybody knows where we are in the league, the idiots are the ones who think everything is going well and couldn't see our poor performances coming.  They even still try to find excuses for the inexcusable.

Yeah...playing poor football but sitting in a european spot in our second season back is totally inexcusable...

So there is no way we can get into europe finishing 6th?

f*** of man you pedantic moron... :lol: ;)

To be fair to Wullie, his stance was exactly the same when we were 5th.

Guest VaVaVoom

No doubt VaVaVoom was one of those clamouring for Glenn Roeder to be given the job FT after getting us to 7th, completely failing to see what a rubbish manager he was.

Clearly you have no idea.

I want attractive football more than anything fella, i just dont think we are in a position to moan TOO much whilst its looking likely we will qualify for europe.

Im happy to be patient and see our brand develop and grow with time. I think it will.

Guest neesy111

No doubt VaVaVoom was one of those clamouring for Glenn Roeder to be given the job FT after getting us to 7th, completely failing to see what a rubbish manager he was.

Clearly you have no idea.

I want attractive football more than anything fella, i just dont think we are in a position to moan TOO much whilst its looking likely we will qualify for europe.

Im happy to be patient and see our brand develop and grow with time. I think it will.

What a clown.

If we carry on like we are playing we won't even finish in the top 8 at this rate.

Guest BooBoo

Its all about perspective. Why do I have to be in the 'Pardew out' camp or the 'blind to the truth' camp? I know noone is directly saying this on this forum but there seems to be an underlying subconcious pressure that u must have one opinion or the other.

My view is that Pardew has done a very good job but I do have concerns over some of the recent performance but not enough to question his position as manager.

Probably sums up my feelings too. A sensible rationale post, all things considered.

Its all about perspective. Why do I have to be in the 'Pardew out' camp or the 'blind to the truth' camp? I know noone is directly saying this on this forum but there seems to be an underlying subconcious pressure that u must have one opinion or the other.

My view is that Pardew has done a very good job but I do have concerns over some of the recent performance but not enough to question his position as manager.

Probably sums up my feelings too. A sensible rationale post, all things considered.

Probably sums up 80% of the forum really. The rest being split between the "We're 6th you ungrateful swines!" and "Pardew is a disgrace!" camps.

There's that "attractive football" thing again - is it not possible to have a middle ground between this sensational football that you think we're all demanding and continuing to try and attack when we're 2-0 up against Wolves (in complete crisis and missing several of their best players) at home? Or getting totally dominated in possession by the likes of the mackems, Blackburn, Brighton?

You qualify for nothing after 28 games, we were 3rd at the beginning of November and qualified for nothing then either.

Guest Deadmau5

We have secured - just - on points - safety from relegation. The Likes of Bolton, Hull etc have all ridden the coast of champions league spots during a season - what separates good teams from the lesser ones is the ability to pick up the pace and finish strongly rather than going off boil going into the last 10 games.

Based on current form, Europe seems unlikely, which is a shame. Could still be a decent season though, 8-9th aint too shabby.

As long as we dont go down again I`m a happy camper  O0

We dont and wont play pretty fotball, but any southampton/West ham fan could tell you that when we appointed Alan. Its hardly a surprise so I dont understand why some on here go on about it. Look at his record, not what he is saying. The man is a politician.

Guest VaVaVoom

You qualify for nothing after 28 games, we were 3rd at the beginning of November and qualified for nothing then either.

:lol:

What are Swansea going to qualify for? They play pretty football. ;)

Guest Howaythetoon

And now Hughton in his first 21 games last season, a manager not deemed good enough and someone who many feel Pardew is a big upgrade on or has been:

Won 8

Drew 4

Lost 9

For 34

Against 31

28 points

Just to clarify for everyone who unreservedly believes HTT's fibs, Hughton only managed us for 16 league games last season.

Here's his actual record:

16 games

19 points

(Basically identical to our 'terrible current form' under Alan 'cannot cut the mustard' Pardew) :lol:

My bad.

Mind...

Pardew had 6 more games than Hughton last season and only managed 8 more points than Hughton did.

And as you correctly stated, in Pardew's last 16 games, he has only picked up 19 points, the same return you mock Hughton for. This with better players.

We have secured - just - on points - safety from relegation. The Likes of Bolton, Hull etc have all ridden the coast of champions league spots during a season - what separates good teams from the lesser ones is the ability to pick up the pace and finish strongly rather than going off boil going into the last 10 games.

Based on current form, Europe seems unlikely, which is a shame. Could still be a decent season though, 8-9th aint too shabby.

As long as we dont go down again I`m a happy camper  O0

We dont and wont play pretty fotball, but any southampton/West ham fan could tell you that when we appointed Alan. Its hardly a surprise so I dont understand why some on here go on about it. Look at his record, not what he is saying. The man is a politician.

It's all about expectations I supposed, I'll be absolutely disgusted if we finish 8th or 9th. :lol:

Guest neesy111

People just don't seem to realise having a great start means nothing if you are crap for rest of the season.

The reason people are getting on Pardew's back is because they see nothing to suggest our form is going get better with the football we are playing and that style of football is stemming from the way the manager prepare's the team for games.

I gave Pardew a lot of praise for the way we started the season (which he lapped up), so he needs to take criticism which the fans are going to give him now.

Guest VaVaVoom

What are Swansea going to qualify for? They play pretty football. ;)

Has anybody claimed that Swansea will qualify for anything?

Straight over your head then?

Like Wullie says, its not about pretty football. There's only one team in the league who play pretty football and make a success of it, Spurs. Swansea are in the bottom half and some people go on as if they are Barca. Man city have been involved in some of the most boring games this season and Arsenal have been poor compared to their sides of the past.

What should be asked for is positive football, Pardew got it half right at the start of the season with the pressing he employed. There's something wrong with the link between our midfield and attack. I'm still undecided on whether it is Pardews tactics or an underperforming group of players.

Guest Dontooner

Glory Hoggers Vs Doom Mongers. Another 4 years of waiting....for something i guess. Waited 30 years and probably last another 30...hopefully

Guest VaVaVoom

Straight over your head then?

Aye, a bit like that £50 bet that went straight over yours.

Always comes back to that. Too easy fella.

Bobby knows the score... ;)

Once more for the record and for the last time...WHEN i am in the position to, i shall be donating.

Back in your box Mr Sunshine.

Guest BooBoo

People just don't seem to realise having a great start means nothing if you are crap for rest of the season.

The reason people are getting on Pardew's back is because they see nothing to suggest our form is going get better with the football we are playing and that style of football is stemming from the way the manager prepare's the team for games.

I gave Pardew a lot of praise for the way we started the season (which he lapped up), so he needs to take criticism which the fans are going to give him.

To say there's nothing to suggest we're going to improve is ignoring that in the last two games we've at times looked dangerous. Second half we battered Sunderland and the first half at Arsenal we went toe to toe with a very good side. Yep, I've been unimpressed at times over the last two months, but since HBA has been given a chance, we've looked a much more attacking unit. You can say our second half at Arsenal was disappointing but for me, it was a good home side relentlessly forcing us onto the back foot as much as ourselves shooting our own foot through tactics.

Always comes back to that. Too easy fella.

Bobby knows the score... ;)

Once more for the record and for the last time...WHEN i am in the position to, i shall be donating.

Back in your box Mr Sunshine.

Guest VaVaVoom

Like Wullie says, its not about pretty football. There's only one team in the league who play pretty football and make a success of it, Spurs. Swansea are in the bottom half and some people go on as if they are Barca. Man city have been involved in some of the most boring games this season and Arsenal have been poor compared to their sides of the past.

What should be asked for is positive football, Pardew got it half right at the start of the season with the pressing he employed. There's something wrong with the link between our midfield and attack. I'm still undecided on whether it is Pardews tactics or an underperforming group of players.

Bit of both.

It will come together from now until the end of the season. I also think its a confidence thing.

One good win will see us up and running and playing better football.