Rate our Summer 2010 signings

Astroblack

Tiote - 10/10 We've been crying out for a player like this for years and he's fallen in so nicely. At only 3.5 million I'd have to say he's the bargain of the season. He's absolutely everywhere, feel really lucky to have him at the team

Ben Arfa - 8/10 Really disappointed that he's injured as I really enjoyed what he added to the team. Scored the winner against Arsenal with a moment of brilliance. Can see him scoring more goals just like that when he's fit again. At 5 mil, he's a good piece of business, too.

Sol Campbell - 4/10 He started off well but he just doesn't seem fit enough to be playing at this level anymore. Cost us the WBA game. Wouldn't like to see him playing again for us.

James Perch - 3/10 Not ready to play in the Premiership and is an accident waiting to happen when he's on the field. Had a shocker in the Stoke game that proved how incompetent he is.

Dan Gosling - N/A Really interested to see where he fits into the team. Looking forward to his return as we'll finally see the type of player he is.

Guest guinness_fiend

Tiote - 8/10 (solely on the basis that his long distance passing isn't as good as it could be)

Arfa - N/A (looks like an excellent purchase, but impossible to judge off a few games)

Campbell - 6/10 (can still do a decent job in bursts, but a shadow of his former self)

Perch - 6/10 (far from the finished article, but with a bit of experience under his belt could be a decent squad player)

Gosling - N/A (like Arfa, too soon to tell)

Tiote - 10 - The man-machine is what we've needed for ever, I don't actually want him to pass it long.

Ben Arfa - potentially 9 or 10 - great signing on paper but only one great performance so far.

Campbell - 5 - only been bad in one or two games, but looks to have the turning circle of an ocean liner.

Perch - 4 - has been poor based on current performances, but I think he has potential to get better.

Gosling - ?

Tiote - 8/10. Great ball control and passing. Would like to see him getting stuck in a bit more, seems a little passive (probably a good thing with Barton and Smith in the squad).

Campbell - 5/10. Unfit, overweight, way past his best. 4th choice CB.

Perch - 3/10. Awful player, one of the worst I've seen in the black and white. Have to try and get rid.

What this thread highlights is the impatience shown by our fans towards players preventing them from gaining confidence and improving.

The treatment of Perch in particular has been typical of this, and is evident in this thread.

He really is not as bad as he is painted on here but 'mud sticks' and the crushing expectation can stifle a players chances with us. We should give the lad a break.

Look at Best for example, he has been criticised just as harshly, but is about to prove us all wrong I hope.

Guest guinness_fiend

What this thread highlights is the impatience shown by our fans towards players preventing them from gaining confidence and improving.

The treatment of Perch in particular has been typical of this, and is evident in this thread.

He really is not as bad as he is painted on here but 'mud sticks' and the crushing expectation can stifle a players chances with us. We should give the lad a break.

Look at Best for example, he has been criticised just as harshly, but is about to prove us all wrong I hope.

This I agree with.