FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafael's a red?

Surely should be according to the "laws of the game"  :rolleyes:

Anyone?

It's as bad, in my opinion. He jumped into the challenge. The only thing that saved rafael was the liverpool player jumped out the way.

I don't know why some of you are getting so wound up about this. The original discussion was never about whether or not it was obviously worth a red card, just whether or not it will be rescinded. Nothing I've seen or read suggests to me that it will. He jumped in, and with an opposition player in such close proximity that is always going to be deemed reckless. And when it comes to any appeal, that's all that matters.

Don't see much difference, other than the fact that Gerrard's force was a lot more excessive than Tiote's.

Both had feet off the ground, both lunged, both sending offs.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think this helps tiotes case

Gerrards will be contested by Liverpool and we can highlight the massive difference between the two

Gerrards will be contested by Liverpool and we can highlight the massive difference between the two

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be stunned if that happens. Obvious as fuck.

And neither will be rescinded :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't know why some of you are getting so wound up about this. The original discussion was never about whether or not it was obviously worth a red card, just whether or not it will be rescinded. Nothing I've seen or read suggests to me that it will. He jumped in, and with an opposition player in such close proximity that is always going to be deemed reckless. And when it comes to any appeal, that's all that matters.

So did rafael! Not even a foul

Guest Stephen927

Don't see much difference, other than the fact that Gerrard's force was a lot more excessive than Tiote's.

Both had feet off the ground, both lunged, both sending offs.

A lot more excessive force is a pretty big difference.

So did rafael! Not even a foul

Clutching at straws now. We're talking about Tiote, not Rafael.

:lol:

That's a bit like saying Al Capone was a terrible guy, but when compared with Hitler never should have been done for anything/.

tbf, if we even dared to cite Liverpool's appeal/Gerrard's tackle, we'd get laughed out of the building.

They'll simply say different challenge, different player, different referee. It's completely irrelevant to Tiote's situation.

That's a bit like saying Al Capone was a terrible guy, but when compared with Hitler never should have been done for anything/.

Exactly. I don't know how the procedure works exactly, but I highly doubt the FA considers decisions made by different referees in different games when making their mind up.