Football Aid - Bid to Play at St James' Park

Dave

Bid to Play at St James Park

Newcastle United have once again joined forces with Football Aid, allowing football fans the opportunity to play on the hallowed turf of St James Park in 2011, while raising vital funds for charity at the same time. The match has provisionally been confirmed for Tuesday the 24th of May with a 4pm kick-off.

Football Aid offers Magpies’ fans the opportunity to Live the Dream of an authentic match day experience; to gain exclusive access to the pitch and tunnel areas, pull on their own personalised club shirt in the official changing rooms, walk down the tunnel to the sound of a cheering crowd and ultimately to step out onto their Field of Dreams and represent their club in a never to be forgotten 90 minute match.

The matches have also been supported by a host of former players down the years, with Football Aid Ambassador Peter Beardsley, John Carver, Mick Martin and Alan Shoulder all lending their valuable experience to the games by playing alongside or managing supporters.

Getting involved couldn’t be easier, our bidding period has just begun so just visit www.footballaid.com, select Newcastle United and your position, then place your bid – it really is that simple. And with starting bids for positions at just £170, booking a position could turn out to be the best bargain you’ll ever bag!

So if you're keen to secure your place on your Field of Dreams early why not visit www.footballaid.com. Alternatively if you’d like any additional information, you can call Football Aid on 0131 220 5999 or email [email protected].

Football Aid celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2010 and have allowed over 12,000 football fans the chance to Live the Dream in more than 420 matches. We are a groundbreaking organisation which generates funds annually by hosting charity football matches at iconic stadiums all over the UK. The unique concept was the brainchild of businessman and Football Aid Chairman Craig Paterson and funds raised from the event will benefit the work of a charitable project nominated by the club, as well as projects nominated by Football Aid’s parent charity Field of Dreams. The club’s chosen beneficiary from previous Football Aid games has been the Newcastle United Foundation.

Alternatively feel free to ask questions in this thread (a member of the Football Aid team has registered).

As most of you will know, a bunch of us including most of the NOFC lads did similar last year and I'm sure I speak for us all when I say it was an amazing experience. This would probably be even better. :thup:

Guest Thump 1892

£170 a player?

Would love this like

Edit: Questions-

How does the bidding process work? 

What are the match rules? (ie: rolling subs, etc.,)

How many spaces are available?

Guest footballaid

Hi Thump

Buy Now, Bidding and Sponsored to Play positions are now available for this match, see the Team Map at the bottom of the page for details on how to secure your place. Because of the later than expected launch, positions are available longer than our other matches with Bidding closing on the 16th, 17th and 18th March. Those choosing the Sponsorship option will have until Fri 4th March to make their final payment after making their initial £100 deposit.

Same match rules as your standard games, with subs- so you can pay for a 45 minute or 90 minute game essentially

All the info can be found here- http://www.footballaid.com/events/view/75/game-1.html

Good Luck  O0  Any more questions let me know

Guest Thump 1892

Ah right, cheers :D

I take it that you pay upon winning a bid?  What about the sponsorship option?  Is that a £100 up front and the remaining £200 on the 4th?

I refereed the equivalent game last year (Beardo was playing) and you can bid for 45 or 90 minutes, you won't get subbed early unless you can't carry on. The bidding does occasionally get expensive though for the more popular positions.

Guest footballaid

Any more questions let me know

Are you Andy Gray?

EVENT PARTICIPATION

This is a male only event.

SEXISM!!!  :frantic:

You'll be pleased to hear that we do have female officials however. Who definately know the offside rule!  :smug: