Finally about to go to St James' :) seating question

Threelegs

Guest dazzanufc1892

i wouldnt sit too low down in the gallowgate if its your first game, higher up you get to really take in the stadium and appreciate the size of the pitch and the game more

Its bad that from the back of the Gallowgate, you can barely see above the leazes crossbar. You miss out on seeing the rest of the magnificent stadium.

Same here. Also like to see the banter betwwen the Leazes Corner and the away fans which you can't see from there. The Gallowgate Upper tier is always one of the last places to sell out these days.

I can't wait until I can make this thread.

Where are yee from like sonna?

US. I've spent lots of time in England since all of my mom's family is there, including a cousin that currently lives in Newcastle, but never been to the city or SJP. One day it will happen and it will be glorious.

Row U? Don't like it as much up there, personally, as you can't see the rest of the stadium.

Sitting in Row U means you can stand all game and dont have to look at the Sports Direct shit on the roof  :smug:

Hey guys, I'm got my accom and train booked to be in Newcastle for 10 days during the time the bolton game is on. Where do u recommend I sit, (for a non member, and not ridiculosuly expensive) . From looking at the website I think I can buy tickets on the 3rd of feb. Also has anyone done the tour? It looks good and I'll probably do that too. The only one I've done before is the nou camp, which was amazing, but I'd rather see where ameobi gets changed than trophy after trophy!

Cheers!

I was at my first game at SJP against Spurs and it was absolutely amazing. It was the only purpose of the trip, however as I had my girlfriend with me it was a bit difficult to find seats in the areas mentioned. She was fuming when I suggested seats some rows apart. We had seats on the far exit from Bar 1892, almost in the corner. Anyway, it was an amazing experience for me, even my girlfriend cheered when we scored as she seemed to have some sort of sexual fascination for Colo's hair  :colo: . I loved every bit of it, and I wished that second half would have lasted longer as it was all over too soon.

Did the stadium tour on sunday. Really enjoyed it, and we were showed around by a truly knowledgable and nice bloke who obviously had a lot of passion for the club. Got some good photos, but a little bit disappoined with the lightning rigs on the grass which I had forgotten about. All in all, it was a nice ending to a fantastic weekend. I envy you who still have the opportunity to experience it for the first time  :)

Gallowgate just behind the goal is decent. It's cool to be in the top, just for the view over the city. It's really good on an Euro league night but you probalby can't wait another 57 years.

Could do with getting over again before the end of the season. My only other match experience was Pompey at SJP in the relegation season. That was a pretty shite match, but the experience was great...

Could do with getting over again before the end of the season. My only other match experience was Pompey at SJP in the relegation season. That was a pretty shite match, but the experience was great...

Frustrating, frustrating night.

Gallowgate is definately the way to go, but if it's also worth getting yourself to the top of the Leazes end to appreciate just how big it is and the view over the Toon.

Can't remember the seat number but the view from the Leazes end seat that is very top right (ie same side as the East stand) is nothing short of iconic imho.

Aye, I recall Owen missing an absolute sitter...

Aye, I recall Owen missing an absolute sitter...

Aye, Martins smashed over one which appeared to be a sure-thing, too. Infuriating evening.

Gallowgate is definately the way to go, but if it's also worth getting yourself to the top of the Leazes end to appreciate just how big it is and the view over the Toon.

Can't remember the seat number but the view from the Leazes end seat that is very top right (ie same side as the East stand) is nothing short of iconic imho.

http://www.nufc.com/images/2000-sjp2.jpg

Guest prestonj1989

I'm also planning to attend my FIRST ever game at St. James Park - the Bolton game on the 26th! Woop woop!

I was initially thinking of the Sir John Hall Stand - Sports Bar - what's that like?

Good view, but expensive.

I'm also planning to attend my FIRST ever game at St. James Park - the Bolton game on the 26th! Woop woop!

I was initially thinking of the Sir John Hall Stand - Sports Bar - what's that like?

Good view, but expensive.

Confirmed!  :celb:

Have booked two seats in the Sports Bar area - has anyone got any pics of views from here? Can't wait!  O0

Does anyone recommend one of the stadium tours - lol - I'm coming across a right tourist here!

Guest prestonj1989

I normally sit just behind the sports bar so picture below is similar to view you will have I think.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv157/prestonj1989/IMAG0005.jpg

I normally sit just behind the sports bar so picture below is similar to view you will have I think.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv157/prestonj1989/IMAG0005.jpg

Wicked! Cheers for that mate, appreciate it!

If I'm just in front of you I probably won't see the poor paint job bit!

That's whetted my appetite even more now - that's a very decent view that.