MLS

Kaizero

Really wish they would just screw Columbus and move it to one of Minneapolis, St. Louis or Detroit. Then give the last spot to one of those cities or maybe Raleigh. Obviously Detroit would be the odd city out with it's economy and lack of soccer history, but those other three give me a lot more confidence than Atlanta.

Dempsey's firing on all cylinders at the moment. Another goal tonight and a perfectly taken volley that Seitz had to parry away. Need him on top form for this summer, especially with Jozy shitting the bed the past year.

On top of Atlanta's announcement this week it looks like NYCFC will play their first three seasons at Yankee Stadium, and Miami still nowhere near finding a location. So much for expansion teams needing a soccer-specific stadium :lol:

On top of Atlanta's announcement this week it looks like NYCFC will play their first three seasons at Yankee Stadium, and Miami still nowhere near finding a location. So much for expansion teams needing a soccer-specific stadium :lol:

It's MLS 1.0 all over again. Shameful. Expanding for the sake of expanding. And for that sheikh oil money.

Really wish they would just screw Columbus and move it to one of Minneapolis, St. Louis or Detroit. Then give the last spot to one of those cities or maybe Raleigh. Obviously Detroit would be the odd city out with it's economy and lack of soccer history, but those other three give me a lot more confidence than Atlanta.

Get stuffed.

Crew average attendance over 16000, placing it 12th of 19 clubs, and 80% of capacity in a soccer-only stadium. The biggest % increase in attendance this year, despite the team not being that great, and not having any big stars any more.

:lol: Just watching the "big announcement" from NYCFC about Yankee Stadium. The press conference is fucking awful. Constant rattling of the air conditioning, the mic is exploding with every "P" or "B," you can barely hear anything anyone is saying, not that it matters because it's boring as fuck anyway. Bunch of old white men trying to sounds like they're serious business. 37 minutes of this shit.

Yeah but the revamp has to be done by November for "The Classic" which is a huge deal in the college football season so it will hit its mark.

The new stadium hasn't even broken ground yet.  I was actually on a story the other day standing where the stadium is going and there has been zero progress.  There was a hold up because they are buying/knocking down a church that is in the foot print.  Just happy it's happening at all at this point, to be honest.

Yeah but the revamp has to be done by November for "The Classic" which is a huge deal in the college football season so it will hit its mark.

The new stadium hasn't even broken ground yet.  I was actually on a story the other day standing where the stadium is going and there has been zero progress.  There was a hold up because they are buying/knocking down a church that is in the foot print.  Just happy it's happening at all at this point, to be honest.

Delays in site acquisition and relocation of that church. It was always going to be a 1/2 to a 1/4 of season being played in the new stadium. The local neighborhood the stadium is going in is next to Amway Center (Magic) and where all of the big plans for city's expansion of downtown will go, its just a longer process when it involves low income housing/government housing/etc. as all of those folks need to be relocated.

New Citrus Bowl should be nice, i mean, if you drive by right now it has the upper deck on stilts look, with the lower section being a completely new look and design. It'll be a nice stadium, just huge, the wait will be worth it :thup:

Delays in site acquisition and relocation of that church. It was always going to be a 1/2 to a 1/4 of season being played in the new stadium. The local neighborhood the stadium is going in is next to Amway Center (Magic) and where all of the big plans for city's expansion of downtown will go, its just a longer process when it involves low income housing/government housing/etc. as all of those folks need to be relocated.

New Citrus Bowl should be nice, i mean, if you drive by right now it has the upper deck on stilts look, with the lower section being a completely new look and design. It'll be a nice stadium, just huge, the wait will be worth it :thup:

Was on the phone with someone today who's really involved with the Creative Village.  It's going to be such an awesome addition to Downtown.

Was on the phone with someone today who's really involved with the Creative Village.  It's going to be such an awesome addition to Downtown.

Yep, all in due time - the creative village + added housing = perfect demographic for Orlando City's long-term future. The major additions to multi-unit housing (apartments, condos) over the next 12-18 months are going to also drive an increase in retail/restaurants/bars which again, will all be helpful and part and parcel of the stadium development.

I know the road seems long away, but all of this waiting will be worth it. The Orlando City officials and the Downtown Orlando Economic Development Authority have the right idea here to make sure this club will have all the backup and support to be a success.  We just need to spread the word and show support for the team.