£40m - You be the Boss!

Stu

Who knows what will happen by the end of the season. Wigan, Wolves and someone else will go down. We should pillage their teams of all good players.

Looking to the positives, I never thought Ben Arfa and Carroll would link up well. Also Carroll didn't get the best out of Jonas. If we get the right player in, and a few others with the 35 mill I think we will be a better team in the long run. Obviously a big if.

This thread is fucking hilarious btw. What a mug.

Eesh, you're right :kasper: I've just had to edit that OP, shocking stuff, what on earth was I thinking?!

Mixed up my tenses - bloody editing half-asleep.

Sell/release all the shite like Xisco, R.Taylor, Lovenkrands, Perch and Best (depending on how he finishes the season). None of them are good enough. Shouldn't sell Routledge, unless he wants to go. Smith, I'd keep until his contract expires in the summer of 2012. No-one will want him.

Decreases wage bill by around £100,000 a week, £5.2 million a year.

Let's say we raise £5 million ... £40 million in the bank to spend.

Bid £3 million for Van Aanholt, has familiarity with the club/area, will need someone settled when Enrique is sold/goes on a free.

Bid £12 million for Kevin Gameiro, fast and a good finisher.

Bid £10 million for Youssef El-Arabi, depending on how he finishes the season and if Caen go down.

Ideally one of:

Bid £9 million, for Matt Jarvis, can play on either wing.

Bid £13 million for Adam Johnson, emphasise on him being a first-team player. Give the lad something to think about.

We'll need DM cover, someone like Reo-Coker would be adequate, bid of £2.5 million should do it.

Total - £32 million, around £150,000 added to the weekly wage bill - £7.8 million a year (only £2.6 million a year more than now if we can sell some of the deadwood).

All hypothetical of course ...

---------------------------- Harper ----------------------------

-- Simpson -- Williamson/Taylor -- Coloccini -- Enrique

-- Barton -------- Tiote ---------- Nolan ------------ Jarvis

--------------------------- Ben Arfa ---------------------------

--------------------------- Gameiro ---------------------------

Mamadou Sakho - £10M

Kevin Gameiro - £10M

Michael Carrick - £3-5M?

Sebastian Larsson - £0 (free)

Johan Elmander £0 - (free)

Jonathan Woodgate/Matthew Upson - £0 (free)

Alexis Sanchez.

Would hate to spend £25M on someone who doesn't score. We already have players who can create chances.

Would have to buy a couple of strikers as well. We only have 1 player that can go past someone, but he can't cross a ball. 2 when Ben Arfas back but I wouldn't want to see him as a winger.

£40 million

I'd raise more funds by selling

Xisco - £3million

Raylor - £1 million

Smith - £250k (50kpw is to much)

With that I've gained around £4,25million as well as decreased the wage budget with around £100kpw.

Now with £44 million and a wage budget of £250kpw I'd sign:

Adel Taraabt - £3,25million + Routledge (leaving £41,00million)

Gervinho - £16million (leaving 25million)

Lucas Barrios - £18million (leaving £7million)

Roger Johnson - £7million (or some other decent central defender).

Unrealistic, but maybe Jonas, Colo and Enrique can attract Lucas. And Tiote Gervinho ;)

Backup LB

First choice RB

Backup DM

Creative CM

Two main strikers.

Krul/Harper

New RB/Simpson                    Colo              Willi                  Enrique

Tiote

Barton                        New creative CM                                          Ben Arfa

New main ST            New main ST

Pointless post this but Ive got fuck all to do..

Backup LB

First choice RB

Backup DM

Creative CM

Two main strikers.

Krul/Harper

Richards (loan?)/Simpson                    Colo              Willi                  Enrique

Tiote

Barton                        Pjanic (£15M)                                          Ben Arfa

Elmander  (free)                    Gameiro (£10M)