Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

No one has to, do they? If people are hesitant they can wait until April/May when they normally renew them and simply take up the 10 month D/D option. If people do want to renew early then they can get the 12 months. Don't see much of an issue here tbh.

Why bother with it then, if it makes so little difference? There must be some reason behind it.

Obviously the reason is that the club want to lock people in and guarantee income. That's just good business for any company with an uncertain future.

The fact is pisses off some fans is obviously a shame, but the club's not a charity, it has to look after its income streams.

The early renewals might well work in my favour. This is my final year as a student and i think my NUS card expires in July at some point. This means that for the first 5 direct debit payments I will still be a student, whereas if I waited until August like this season I would no longer qualify as a student.

Not sure if it will work but given that this year they asked me to e-mail them a copy of my student ID which I forgot to do yet they still sent me my ST it is definetly worth a go. If they are asking me to commit to a contract as early as February then I will argue that I should pay according to my status at the time!

The early renewals might well work in my favour. This is my final year as a student and i think my NUS card expires in July at some point. This means that for 6 months of the direct debit scheme I will still be a student so will be able to provide ID if I sign up in February whereas if I waited until August like this season I would no longer qualify as a student.

Not sure if it will work but given that this year they asked me to e-mail them a copy of my student ID which I forgot to do yet they still sent me my ST it is definetly worth a go. If they are asking me to commit to a contract as early as February then I will argue that I should pay according to my status at the time!

Sounds like you should get it... from what I've heard the checking of who is a student/child/OAP is almost non-existent.

For the record, I think TF are bang on the money - appreciate I'm probably in the minority though. Some of us 'oldies' have seen this before during the 70's and 80's and remember all too well how bad things were then at times. If it makes us cynical, then so be it. Then again if some of you's are still content to bend over for Ashley whilst 'Rome burns'  then what else is there to say.

I'm 21 and can see what is happening to our club. Never ceases to amaze me how others don't (or are happy living in apathy/denial).

The early renewals might well work in my favour. This is my final year as a student and i think my NUS card expires in July at some point. This means that for 6 months of the direct debit scheme I will still be a student so will be able to provide ID if I sign up in February whereas if I waited until August like this season I would no longer qualify as a student.

Sounds like you should get it... from what I've heard the checking of who is a student/child/OAP is almost non-existent.

I hope so, I know I sound like a tax dodging student but to be fair if anyone could find a technicality that saved them £100 on their ST they would use it. I was prepared for my ticket to go up to £400 next year anyway and now I should be able to pay that, get a much better seat and pay by direct debit!

For the record, I think TF are bang on the money - appreciate I'm probably in the minority though. Some of us 'oldies' have seen this before during the 70's and 80's and remember all too well how bad things were then at times. If it makes us cynical, then so be it. Then again if some of you's are still content to bend over for Ashley whilst 'Rome burns'  then what else is there to say.

I'm 21 and can see what is happening to our club. Never ceases to amaze me how others don't (or are happy living in apathy/denial).

Posts like this are pretty annoying TBF, sorry to pick on this one in particular.

It's a non-issue, I'm not aware of anyone who doesn't think we've been through the shit recently - but any attempts to discuss it rationally seem to be viewed as being in denial.

Mines come out showing the wrong price and is also wrong on the online renewal as well.

I've got a family enclosure seat with the bairn yet it's showing the full price for a categpry 2 seat of £558 instead of £345 less 10% loyalty discount.

An e-mail to the box office has got no response yet so i'm gonna call in at dinnertime and thrash it out!

Guest neesy111

Fact is we are in the premiership, mid-table and look like to safely stay-up.  Have a very good core group of players which need adding to.  This club has been in far worst positions and there are many other 'big clubs' in far worse positions than us.

I've made a decision of that I won't ever buy a ST again, but that is mainly due to the awful nature of greed in the game and obscene amount players are paid nowadays, not just to do with the regime at SJP.

Fact is we are in the premiership, mid-table and look like to safely stay-up.  Have a very good core group of players which need adding to.  This club has been in far worst positions and there are many other 'big clubs' in far worse positions than us.

I've made a decision of that I won't ever buy a ST again, but that is mainly due to the awful nature of greed in the game and obscene amount players are paid nowadays, not just to do with the regime at SJP.

Stu would say it's because you live in London.

Guest neesy111

Well I won't be from 2 weeks time.  I have no plans to purchase a ST, would rather spend the money I would save on going to a few away games.  This will be the 1st season I've been to more away games than home games.

Guest icemanblue

What a load of shite, man. Honestly, fuck me. :lol:

What a load of s****, man. Honestly, f*** me. :lol:

Judging by that avatar, no thanks.

Guest neesy111

Since when did you fucking own my fucking mind.  Honestly your fucking clueless with idiotic posts like that.

Well I won't be from 2 weeks time.  I have no plans to purchase a ST, would rather spend the money I would save on going to a few away games.  This will be the 1st season I've been to more away games than home games.

Out of the 40/50 matches I've been to in the last three and a half seasons, probably 25 of them have been away games. St James' just doesn't have the draw that it used to have for me - whereas our support at away games is the best in the country, imo.

Guest neesy111

Out of the 40/50 matches I've been to in the last three and a half seasons, probably 25 of them have been away games. St James' just doesn't have the draw that it used to have for me - whereas our support at away games is the best in the country, imo.

Got to agree on that, also I like the occasion of an away trip.

Guest icemanblue

Since when did you fucking own my fucking mind.  Honestly your fucking clueless with idiotic posts like that.

:lol: If I 'owned your mind', then I certainly wouldn't let you spout that kind of sanctimonious dross.

Guest neesy111

:lol: If I 'owned your mind', then I certainly wouldn't let you spout that kind of sanctimonious dross.

It's not fucking dross, I do know a few other NUFC fans that feel like this.  Some on here have posted it as well.

Guest Wally_McFool

What he said!

And your way of crossing your arms and stamping your feet at the state of the game, is not buying a season ticket?  :lol:

Guest toonlass

And your way of crossing your arms and stamping your feet at the state of the game, is not buying a season ticket?   :lol:

What do you suggest he do?

Guest neesy111

And your way of crossing your arms and stamping your feet at the state of the game, is not buying a season ticket?  :lol:

It's not really a protest against the game, I just can't justify spending that much on watching 19 football games a season.  The game for me in general is sick at the moment and nothing like it was at the start of the premiership era when it the football was just as good imo without all of the greed which has spread into the game.

Guest Roger Kint

Strange that seems to be your entire plan regarding Sports Direct.

I don't think I've ever seen a Neesy post actively suggesting that other NUFC supporters NOT ATTEND St James' Park, when he isn't in a position to make the same sacrifice.

:rolleyes:

Guest neesy111

I don't think I've ever seen a Neesy post actively suggesting that other NUFC supporters NOT ATTEND St James' Park, when he isn't in a position to make the same sacrifice.

:rolleyes:

My view is that I don't blame people for protesting by not going, I gave up my ST under the souness regime as I couldn't stand him being NUFC manager. 

If people still want to go, then fair play to them but if you go then bloody get behind the lads for the 90 mins.