Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

He seems to have replied to a couple of queries on here.

simonesland Simon Esland

@rammlet @stevewraith Ok let's make sure you're involved in discussions to find a way to encourage you to renew your season ticket.

Fairplay to TF for sticking to there guns while others will do owt to be seen.

I would have appreciated a warning from the club that the season ticket renewals were being brought forward 3 months this year.  I hadn't planned for that expenditure earlier in the year.

I am one of those cynics who is questioning the reasons why.  There are so many people saying they won't renew or they will wait and see what happens in the Summer so the club are tempting them with some good offers.  Last time I was uneasy with the 3 year deal but I decided to go for it for selfish reasons in that I could it afford it then but I did not know what my personal situation would be in 3 years time.  I guess I will do the same this time.

Obviously the club want to guarantee income by locking people into the multiple year deal, that's just good business.

Whether or not it's good for the customer depends totally on how important the discount is and (crucially) how the club performs on the pitch.

I don't think it's specifically to do with the fact NUFC know that the summer will be terrible, it's just the general uncertainty of football that they're trying to mitigate against.

I hadn't planned for that expenditure earlier in the year.

If you are going to pay it in one then the deadline is 30th April.

You can still pay monthly from then just not over 12 months it would work out at over 10 months instead.

Actually the date of Feb 28th is for people wanting to pay over 12 months. If you get it later you just pay over fewer months. So if you opt in before the end of April deadline you only get direct debit for 10 months not 12.

Is this for the regular 10 year deal? If so, I hope I receive my pack pretty soon!

My pack arrived today.

I've been in contact with Esland for the last 4/5 days. Seems a nice bloke tbh.

Seems quite a few people have... :thup: to Esland for engaging with the supporters, whether influential fanzine publishers or noise-making limelight-seekers, he's doing a decent job of trying.

Why the fuck are they demanding a renewal decision on some options in February? It's a joke, that.

So ... 1 - Whatever happens between now and the end of the season is irrelevant. And 2 - They can do what the fuck they want in the summer.

Guest Geordiesned

Is there supposed to be a leaflet in spelling out the terms & conditions? I didn't get one in my pack.

I want to know what happens if you opt for the 10 year ticket with the price freeze but for whatever reason decide to cancel after say 4 seasons. Will the club demand you repay the savings you have made in that time by not doing the more expensive option of just buying standard 1 year season tickets for those 4 seasons?

That's what they did with people on the current 3 year deal who wanted out after relegation.

But since they haven't provided me with the T&Cs I don't know!

Why the fuck are they demanding a renewal decision on some options in February? It's a joke, that.

So ... 1 - Whatever happens between now and the end of the season is irrelevant. And 2 - They can do what the fuck they want in the summer.

That would be the long and short of it yeah.

There's a third of the season left. :lol:

It's almost blackmail. Get a good deal now but commit without even knowing which division we'll be in, what direction the club is going in, anything. Even if you accept that you'd be renewing anyway, it's unfair to pressure people into committing this early IMO. Especially with so little warning. Money is tight for many, yet they only have two weeks to decide.

No one has to, do they? If people are hesitant they can wait until April/May when they normally renew them and simply take up the 10 month D/D option. If people do want to renew early then they can get the 12 months. Don't see much of an issue here tbh.

Why bother with it then, if it makes so little difference? There must be some reason behind it.

Guest neesy111

Thing is, if you don't renew your not exactly going to lose your ST as well.  Not like we've got a queue of people wanting one....

No one has to, do they? If people are hesitant they can wait until April/May when they normally renew them and simply take up the 10 month D/D option. If people do want to renew early then they can get the 12 months. Don't see much of an issue here tbh.

Why bother with it then, if it makes so little difference? There must be some reason behind it.

Because there'll be some people who do have the money and want to renew who'll benefit from it, and the rest who can't don't really lose out because they've still got a 10 month option rather than all up front in the summer.

Guest neesy111

Thing is, if you don't renew your not exactly going to lose your ST as well.  Not like we've got a queue of people wanting one....

Loose your loyalty points though.

True, although only needed for a few away games nowadays. i.e. Mackems (a) obviously

There's a third of the season left. :lol:

It's almost blackmail. Get a good deal now but commit without even knowing which division we'll be in, what direction the club is going in, anything. Even if you accept that you'd be renewing anyway, it's unfair to pressure people into committing this early IMO. Especially with so little warning. Money is tight for many, yet they only have two weeks to decide.

I'm glad that I'm not the only person that sees this for what it is.

Guest icemanblue

I honestly don't care when I have to renew, because I always intend on renewing anyway. That's regardless of which league, or what kind of mess, we're in.

For the record, I think TF are bang on the money - appreciate I'm probably in the minority though. Some of us 'oldies' have seen this before during the 70's and 80's and remember all too well how bad things were then at times. If it makes us cynical, then so be it. Then again if some of you's are still content to bend over for Ashley whilst 'Rome burns'  then what else is there to say.

For the record, I think TF are bang on the money - appreciate I'm probably in the minority though. Some of us 'oldies' have seen this before during the 70's and 80's and remember all too well how bad things were then at times. If it makes us cynical, then so be it. Then again if some of you's are still content to bend over for Ashley whilst 'Rome burns'  then what else is there to say.

Surely being around for longer should mean that the Ashley situation is put into context? After not winning a trophy for half a century, one relegation followed by instant recovery doesn't mean a great deal, does it?