Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Totally pissed off about this whole carry on tbh.  Going to wait and see what bullshit we are fed when those having to move get the packs through, then decide if I'm keeping my ticket on.

If I am, and L7 section no longer exists in some form, and if I decide to keep my ST going, then it's Gallowgate corner for me.

Although like most ST holders I'm gonna gain through the new structures, we must show solidarity with those who have to move.  A noisy atmosphere at SJP helps the team and adds to everyone's matchday experience.

In principle an extended family area can only be good for the club's future it's a shame that it comes at the expense of one of the most atmospheric parts of the ground.

The club should provide the best option available for displaced fans, I hope it's the Gallowgate as they would then be joining in with the other principal singing area and the noise could be fantastic.

Although I thought it was the case, the club should give displaced fans tickets in other equivalent areas at the SAME price they would have paid in L7.

Regarding the standing issue, there is no way the club can agree to it, it's like walking through red lights at the bottom of Barrack Rd - everyone does it but no organisation or body can say they approve of it.  However if the club are questioned it would be interesting to know if they will provide support to MP's who are lobbying for safe standing areas to return to our stadiums. I hope they would.

Good luck to those who are being moved - we appreciate the noise you make and please keep it up wherever you move to.

The Gallowgate corner isn't really an option as it has quite a high percentage of season ticket holders already and to be honest the atmosphere there is already pretty good and isn't really in need of being improved. The Gallowgate Upper tier I would say is the best option by far, not only beacuse it's the best designed stand for atmosphere but also the noise from up there would get fans in the middle/lower tiers going as well and would end up creating a full 'end' of noise rather than just a corner. In time more and more of the noiser fans would also end up coming across to the Gallowgate and to be fair it does reate quite a din from there when everyone is up for it, like on Saturday.

30 April

Thanks.  Not that I'm saying the decision to renew is purely dependant on it but it would be nice to see some indication of the direction in which the club is moving before signing up. 

I suppose the good thing is if the summer is full of false promises we can tell them to shove it next Feb.

Nothing has ever happened to any club in regards to standing, not a single punishment other than ones incurred by clubs themselves. At most certain away followings have been subject tio having their allocations cut, but thats as far as it goes.

I'm tempted to go for Level 4 but I'm keen on moving to the Gallowgate if there's a few standing. Would be great to see thousands stood in the Gallowgate.

Would be great to see thousands stood in the Gallowgate.

Wouldn't happen.

Firstly, can I just thank you for taking the trouble to arrange to meet up with the relevant parties to make sure that the good work of the last 3 years isn't destroyed and that we can hopefully make sure these fans who not only give the team tremendous vocal backing but also the future of the club are kept together. Supporters like you are crucial to the club and in making sure we maintain the atmosphere that has built over the last few years. However, I disagree with you when you say having thousands standing and making a racket at the back of the Gallowgate wouldn't happen. 4 years ago I never thought I would see a section of over 3,000 NUFC fans singing/standing together at St James' Park but I have.

Personally, I think the Gallowgate Upper is the obvious choice. Not many ST holders up there but i've also noticed that a fair few who are already in that section stand up all match anyway, certainly the majority in the back 4-5 rows and I think that the people already there would be far more comfortable with those from L7 coming in with them than those who are currently in Leazes Level 4 corner as the fans there seem slightly more reserved in their support to the team and would probably have to end up giving up their own seats to sit in a section with fans who they are more comfortable with.

We already have those in the Gallowgate Corner who give the team great backing and I think that getting 3,000 vocal supporters in the back of the Gallowgate would do wonders for the atmosphere and would even get those in front more involved and would make the Gallowgate a very intimidating end, plus it's already the favoured end that the players like to attack.

Anyway good luck with what you are doing and I hope you achieve a result that has everyone happy.

Guest jrtoonarmy

Hi guys i have just had a meeting with the club regarding us losing level 7. I can say it was a very positive meeting and we will be holding more talks in the next few weeks. The club seem happy to accommodate a move to another area of the ground (there is the obvious issues of standing and stewarding that will need to be looked at) but there is no need to rush as we have plenty of time before the deadline. The two best options seem to be a move to the Gallowgate upper or the Leazes corner level 4. I'll go into more detail when we get a press realise out in the next week. Just dont panic there will be a singing area of the ground next season and we will be continuing dialogue with the club.

Jordan.

Guest jonlane86

Thanks a lot mate. On Twitter and Facebook, the overwhelming opinion on our pages has been that the move should be down to Level 4.

you're only problem with that is the sports bar/season ticket holders - if you move to gallowgate upper there is a high probability most of you will get a section together - which is more desirable than being amongst a fair few people who don't want to sing/start the singing off!

Guest jrtoonarmy

Thanks a lot mate. On Twitter and Facebook, the overwhelming opinion on our pages has been that the move should be down to Level 4.

you're only problem with that is the sports bar/season ticket holders - if you move to gallowgate upper there is a high probability most of you will get a section together - which is more desirable than being amongst a fair few people who don't want to sing/start the singing off!

The sports bar if canny far away from the leazes corner L4 also the leazes corner level 4 has very few season ticket holders in. Infact its the least in the ground

Guest The_Optimistic

Although like most ST holders I'm gonna gain through the new structures, we must show solidarity with those who have to move.  A noisy atmosphere at SJP helps the team and adds to everyone's matchday experience.

In principle an extended family area can only be good for the club's future it's a shame that it comes at the expense of one of the most atmospheric parts of the ground.

The club should provide the best option available for displaced fans, I hope it's the Gallowgate as they would then be joining in with the other principal singing area and the noise could be fantastic.

Although I thought it was the case, the club should give displaced fans tickets in other equivalent areas at the SAME price they would have paid in L7.

Regarding the standing issue, there is no way the club can agree to it, it's like walking through red lights at the bottom of Barrack Rd - everyone does it but no organisation or body can say they approve of it.  However if the club are questioned it would be interesting to know if they will provide support to MP's who are lobbying for safe standing areas to return to our stadiums. I hope they would.

Good luck to those who are being moved - we appreciate the noise you make and please keep it up wherever you move to.

My thoughts also...

What about north east corner?

If not for me atm i'm leaning towards level 4 mind. Yes the gallowgate noise would be good combined. But it would be great to have two noisy stands.

Exactly, would prefer that we have a balanced atmosphere from our fans within the stadium.

Ten WHOLE years of watching Ashley scour Europe - NAY! The World - for the finest young talent available.

Then to watch that fine young talent prosper and bloom into the cream of North East football.

Then to watch that talent reach its potential - at Man City or Man United or Arsenal or Liverpool or Chelsea or Spurs.

Sounds a cracking deal to me where do I sign up?

Hi guys i have just had a meeting with the club regarding us losing level 7. I can say it was a very positive meeting and we will be holding more talks in the next few weeks. The club seem happy to accommodate a move to another area of the ground (there is the obvious issues of standing and stewarding that will need to be looked at) but there is no need to rush as we have plenty of time before the deadline. The two best options seem to be a move to the Gallowgate upper or the Leazes corner level 4. I'll go into more detail when we get a press realise out in the next week. Just dont panic there will be a singing area of the ground next season and we will be continuing dialogue with the club.

Jordan.

Sounds very positive mate, they obviously respect your point of view and you theirs.

Jordan.

Great to hear Jordan. Hopefully the club can work together with the fans to make sure all those from Leazes Corner are kept together, wherever that may be.

Jordan.

Fantastic stuff mate. Well done.

The sports bar if canny far away from the leazes corner L4 also the leazes corner level 4 has very few season ticket holders in. Infact its the least in the ground

Leazes level 4 is used as ana way fans section when the level 7 isn't open though.