Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

If people want to sing and stand they can, if people want to sit in a 'slumber' which was coined before then they have every right also. I love the singing and carry on with away fans but it's no good in level 4 where peoples views are gonna be disrupted by those who want to stand and support unlike in L7. The stewards in level are normally quite strict on people standing there from my experience. Gallowgate upper is still probably the better option but I dont think many are keen on it.

Guest Roger Kint

I read that as standing supporters are better than sitting supporter at first although i think thats just me reading it wrong  ;D

If people really do need to be called a 'singing section' fair enough but like you i dont think L4 is going to be the right move, stewarding will be stricter as you say for a start. Its been mentioned enough how it will disrupt others to suddenly have people standing round them where they may not wish to so the Gallowgate upper is clearly more sensible. Like Wallsendmag said the majority of empty seats are at the back so any disruption will be minimal(although it will affect a few in my block as i previously said. Unless colochi has me on ignore then one day he may get round to answering my point as to how he plans to deal with it, or if as i suspect he never gave it a thought or simply doesnt care as long as the 'singing section' gets its move. Simply dumping them on another section is clearly not enough.

I read that as standing supporters are better than sitting supporter at first although i think thats just me reading it wrong  ;D

If people really do need to be called a 'singing section' fair enough but like you i dont think L4 is going to be the right move, stewarding will be stricter as you say for a start. Its been mentioned enough how it will disrupt others to suddenly have people standing round them where they may not wish to so the Gallowgate upper is clearly more sensible. Like Wallsendmag said the majority of empty seats are at the back so any disruption will be minimal(although it will affect a few in my block as i previously said. Unless colochi has me on ignore then one day he may get round to answering my point as to how he plans to deal with it, or if as i suspect he never gave it a thought or simply doesnt care as long as the 'singing section' gets its move. Simply dumping them on another section is clearly not enough.

What do you want to ask me?

Why are they moving people away from L7 anyway, is there any reason that's been given? Sorry, a bit lazy to go back over the thread!

PL rules mean that the away section needs to be extended and the family enclosure was sold out last year so understandably they want to extend that. The fact that the vast majority of the anti Ashley chants start from up there would also be a strong factor I would suggest. Hopefully they will get things sorted out and that it suits as many people as possible. Personally I think that having our most vocal fans closer to the pitch can only be a good thing and with them now being in the "main bowl" of the stadium the potential for more and more fans to join them is now much better.

I would also like to think that the club will help these supporters out financially. After all they are being moved out against their will and asking them to pay out an extra £150 or so on last seasons prices is a bit much in my opinion. I'm sure these are the sort of things that Colocho/Jordan/Steve are on the case of though.

Guest stumonkseatonmagpies

Gallowgate for me!!

Any one else planning on moving there?

I think that people will be split between level4 and the Gallowgate

Simon is our leader

Why are they moving people away from L7 anyway, is there any reason that's been given? Sorry, a bit lazy to go back over the thread!

PL rules mean that the away section needs to be extended and the family enclosure was sold out last year so understandably they want to extend that. The fact that the vast majority of the anti Ashley chants start from up there would also be a strong factor I would suggest. Hopefully they will get things sorted out and that it suits as many people as possible. Personally I think that having our most vocal fans closer to the pitch can only be a good thing and with them now being in the "main bowl" of the stadium the potential for more and more fans to join them is now much better.

I would also like to think that the club will help these supporters out financially. After all they are being moved out against their will and asking them to pay out an extra £150 or so on last seasons prices is a bit much in my opinion. I'm sure these are the sort of things that Colocho/Jordan/Steve are on the case of though.

Thanks man, sort of makes sense if PL rules are dictating the away section bit.

Like you say though, would be nice if people weren't forced to buy more expensive tickets though. Maybe a special discount could be available to people who had a ticket in L7 something.

Gallowgate for me!!

Simon is our leader

Undecided.

I'm a sheep when it comes to things like this and i won't be making a decision until i know where the majority move to. Saying that having a 12 month DD deadline in a week doesn't help.

Gallowgate for me!!

Simon is our leader

Unless I have a drastic change of heart I will be getting my season ticket in the Gallowgate East Corner for next season. For a combination of great view/atmosphere I don't think you can beat it.

Might actually be good for the ground if the people from L7 end up in two or three groups around the ground. Might actually encourage everyone to sing a bit more.

[/wishful thinking]

I was thinking that at first, 10 years ago it wouldn't have been wishful thinking. Now though ... I think it'd be lost, unless we were 4-1 up against Sunderland.

How does that work? "90% of fans want it. Let's forget the reason we brought in seating only stadiums and change it" :lol:

What was the reason for bringing in seating only stadiums? 90% is also about right, not 90% people want to stand but 90% back giving fans the option to stand, which is more than fair enough.

How does that work? "90% of fans want it. Let's forget the reason we brought in seating only stadiums and change it" :lol:

What was the reason for bringing in seating only stadiums?

Ask the bin dippers.

What was the reason for bringing in seating only stadiums?

Ask the bin dippers.

Has f*** all to do with standing though. Nobody wants to return to anything like Hillsborough, it was a horrible disaster but to say it's even related to the current debate is beyond pointless, there's just no argument in my mind.

Sadly it's one of the main problems in relation to us being able to progress to safe standing areas, people are so misinformed and clueless on the subject.

What was the reason for bringing in seating only stadiums? 90% is also about right, not 90% people want to stand but 90% back giving fans the option to stand, which is more than fair enough.

Of course it is fair enough, but the standing terraces were taken away for "safety reasons" weren't they? The fact that people want them back is irrelevant.

Of course it is fair enough, but the standing terraces were taken away for "safety reasons" weren't they? The fact that people want them back is irrelevant.

People don't want them back, well they do, but what's actually being proposed and promoted by all those in favour of standing is actually the German Safe Standing model, not the terraces of old. They were taken away because the grounds were old and in terrible condition, standing has never been proven unsafe and the Germans manage it in stadiums that hosted 2006 World Cup games.

There's loads more I could write. I actually helped produce a short documentary on the subject very recently. Explains pretty much everything, if I say so myself. Mainly the fact that a Bill has been introduced - and is being debated - to allow clubs to build German style Safe standing areas.

Fair comment was just a thought,whilst someone is replying a few other questions 1.has jose enrique made it known to the club that he wishes to leave at the end of the season as is been reported in the press ? 2.has russian billionaire Alexei mordashov made an approach to the club with a view to a takeover deal ??

:facepalm: