Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

£558 / 19 games = £29 per game

£29 x 5 games = £145

That puts my ST at a balance of £413 whilst the club values this same seat at £207 because "we've had a great start to the season".

I want 52,000 in that stadium every week and I want kids and others to have the opportunity that I didn't when I was younger to have a ST.

But more than anything, I want to know where this extra £206 has gone in three months because that's alot of money to someone like me.

Call me a selfish c*** or whatever, but I'm not earning alot of money, £5/10 even £50 and the 'selfish' tag would be justified, but I'm not happy that I'm paying £206 more than the bloke next to me to watch the same team for the rest of the season.

I'm sick of arguing this. I'm off.

What are the terms of cancellation on the monthly direct debit deals btw? Couldn't you buy another ST at this discounted rate then just cancel the first one?

Anyone?

Assuming you can afford to pay for the new ST in one hit, and have a family member/friend willing to lend you their name you could just use that ST instead and effectively get the cheap deal for yourself. :troll:

£29 x 5 games = £145

That puts my ST at a balance of £413 whilst the club values this same seat at £207 because "we've had a great start to the season".

I want 52,000 in that stadium every week and I want kids and others to have the opportunity that I didn't when I was younger to have a ST.

But more than anything, I want to know where this extra £206 has gone in three months because that's alot of money to someone like me.

Call me a selfish c*** or whatever, but I'm not earning alot of money and I'm not happy that I'm paying £206 more than the bloke next to me to watch the same team for the rest of the season.

http://www.travelwithjules.co.uk/offers/half-price-nile-cruises/

I wonder if on that boat there's some middle-age bloke resenting the fact someone's sitting next to him for half the price.

JH is taking this well personal like.  :lol:

If I didn't work most Saturday's I'd be all over this.

My biggest problem will be next year when everyone holds off to see if it happens again.

Aren't most people signed up to a longer term deal though?

£29 x 5 games = £145

Call me a selfish c*** or whatever, but I'm not earning alot of money and I'm not happy that I'm paying £206 more than the bloke next to me to watch the same team for the rest of the season.

I wonder if on that boat there's some middle-age bloke resenting the fact someone's sitting next to him for half the price.

Slight difference with that comparison is that late discounts on holidays happen every time, and you can buy holidays from any number of operators and agents. Who saw this offer coming, just a quarter of the way into the season? I didn't, did you?

£29 x 5 games = £145

Slight difference with that comparison is that late discounts on holidays happen every time, and you can buy holidays from any number of operators and agents. Who saw this offer coming, just a quarter of the way into the season? I didn't, did you?

An offer only open to those who already have one.

£29 x 5 games = £145

Call me a selfish c*** or whatever, but I'm not earning alot of money, £5/10 even £50 and the 'selfish' tag would be justified, but I'm not happy that I'm paying £206 more than the bloke next to me to watch the same team for the rest of the season.

Sort of see your point, but remember its up to you to offer people these ST's, so if it does rile you that much just don't offer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's in the hands of season ticket holders ffs

If they went on general sale people should be rightly pissed off, but a full paying season ticket holder is making the choice.

If you look at the queues most of the people buying were buying for family kids etc

I'm not Nut. It's a great deal for them, but the save should be levelled in some way across all ST holders, or not at all.

The save is for season ticket holders though. :lol:

Someone without one can't get this, but let's just say you had a mate who couldn't afford a regular priced season-ticket, or a son or whatever, would you not want the opportunity to be able to afford to let them go?

This for me like.

For those trying to ring, one of the lads on Toontastic posted this....

Right I've just spoken to some bloke called John Hunter did a bit of digging went through to the media centre and who gave me his extension.  He runs the T/O top bod with Simon Esland.  Apparently there's 15 staff at the ticket office who normally take calls but they've said fuck that, too many people queuing so all of them are dealing with face to face customers downstairs.<br /><br />There's a call centre in Nottingham, who are taking calls, but only 4 staff in there, he said when its full it cuts you off.  FFS :(

£29 x 5 games = £145

You must gan mental when you buy a new tele only to pop into Currys a few weeks later to see the same model a few hundred quid cheaper :lol:

I'm not well off either but we got the 10 year price freeze option for renewing early, which will probably save us more than £206 over the next decade. Anyway, this new offer is directed at us - it's not as if anyone can wander in off the street and buy a cheapo ticket, it's for current ST holders. If you don't like it then tell all your mates to fuck off when they come asking for you to get one on your supporter number.

Slightly pissed off at the reduction but it's not a biggy. Happens all the time when buying a laptop, coat, TV - you pay full whack and see it reduced in the sales a bit later. Slightly annoying but I don't begrudge people too much for taking advantage of the bargain/saving.

As TT says the problem will be in June when people wait and buy match-to-match for the first couple of months rather than commit early. Pros and cons either way.   

Slightly p*ssed off at the reduction but it's not a biggy. Happens all the time when buying a laptop, coat, TV - you pay full whack and see it reduced in the sales a bit later. Slightly annoying but I don't begrudge people too much for taking advantage of the bargain/saving.

As TT says the problem will be in June when people wait and buy match-to-match for the first couple of months rather than commit early. Pros and cons either way.   

But the people waiting like that won't get one unless a mate or someone who's paid full price gets them one.

Slightly p*ssed off at the reduction but it's not a biggy. Happens all the time when buying a laptop, coat, TV - you pay full whack and see it reduced in the sales a bit later. Slightly annoying but I don't begrudge people too much for taking advantage of the bargain/saving.

But the people waiting like that won't get one unless a mate or someone who's paid full price gets them one.

Unless they change the deal for next season and offer season tickets at 30% off a month or two into the season? My point is that people will wait and see what they come up with.

I'm not against the deal btw. :thup: 

Put it this way, if the offer was just for concessions or there was some nod of recognition towards people who've paid full whack then I don't think there'd be anyone annoyed by this. The comparisons to normal retail products aren't quite fair IMO - season tickets for your football club aren't anything like the same to purchase. As I said earlier I'm happy with what I'm paying, but it can't be denied that it feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth for the prices to be reduced so much, so soon. IIRC we normally make discounts like this about halfway through and I can't remember anyone ever being arsed about it before - why have things changed this season?

But prices haven't been reduced. They're still full price. Only you and the other ST holders have this offer.

I'd still have to pay full price if I went to get one.

I feel I may be missing the small print, though :lol:

Thinking of asking Johnny to get me one :lol:

:lol:

If this deal enables more kids and adults who are not so well off (with the current state of unemployment and low income in our area) to be able to afford £500 as aposed to £200 then I'm all for it.

I have to admit it is a bit galling to think the stadium will be getting filled up with folks using their benefits giros to buy bargain basement season tickets off their friends and family. Why should taxpayers subsidise folks' season tickets? ???

If this deal enables more kids and adults who are not so well off (with the current state of unemployment and low income in our area) to be able to afford £500 as aposed to £200 then I'm all for it.

I have to admit it is a bit galling to think the stadium will be getting filled up with folks using their benefits giros to buy bargain basement season tickets off their friends and family. Why should taxpayers subsidise folks' season tickets? ???

I'm on the dole and I can now afford it. HA!

That's just fucking wrong.

That's just fucking wrong.

:lol: Nah, it's gonna be a Christmas present.