SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Exactly, he might be, infact he totally is speaking the truth but way to alienate some fans with a statement.

He could have just said, "Charles has the ability to play at the biggest clubs, sometimes its seems like a mismatch with us and Charles because he is ahead of the club at that standard that we are working towards reaching."

If Ashley or Lambias came out with that crap we would have a thread about it hitting the panic button about players wanting to leave, club has no ambition etc....

According to a Villa ITK they will be signing Zog, Hutton and possibly Given next week.   :harry:

Where's brummie, maybe he knows something about this.

the same ITK's who said Moyes would be their manager?

I think all two of them look around the empty seats every week and realise they're a small club.

There's really no need to pussy foot around it with Wigan :laugh:

Exactly, he might be, infact he totally is speaking the truth but way to alienate some fans with a statement.

He could have just said, "Charles has the ability to play at the biggest clubs, sometimes its seems like a mismatch with us and Charles because he is ahead of the club at that standard that we are working towards reaching."

If Ashley or Lambias came out with that crap we would have a thread about it hitting the panic button about players wanting to leave, club has no ambition etc....

what fans?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Because we're not f***ing Wigan.

What an awful ground/place.

There's nothing there.

Before Dave Whelan arrived, Wigan's highest ever finish was 4th in what is now League One. They're a very similar sized club to Hartlepool, smaller in fact because they only joined the Football League for the first time in the late 70s.  No point beating around the bush and pretending they're bigger than they are. Wigan and NUFC are chalk and cheese.

The club and Whelan are very easy to slag off but if you take a step back, what he's done there is quite staggering tbh.

According to a Villa ITK they will be signing Zog, Hutton and possibly Given next week.  :harry:

Where's brummie, maybe he knows something about this.

the same ITK's who said Moyes would be their manager?

oooooo burn!

I think MA and Pards will play it cool. No reason what so ever to engage in a bidding war, which is exactly what Wigan wants. If a bid is accepted, we'll match it. Hopefully Zog will then be a man of his word. If not, so be it.

I think MA and Pards will play it cool. No reason what so ever to engage in a bidding war, which is exactly what Wigan wants. If a bid is accepted, we'll match it. Hopefully Zog will then be a man of his word. If not, so be it.

Tend to agree, although I think the Marveaux signing has totally cooled our interest in him unless the deal is right for us.

Tend to agree, although I think the Marveaux signing has totally cooled our interest in him unless the deal is right for us.

That's my sentiments exactly. Zog is a good player. But on the other hand it's not wise to use £9 mill on a player that we can get for free next year.

We cannot get him for free next year though, as he WILL leave Wigan this summer and while MA & Co. are playing it cool he will just go to Villa or SMB, then they will act all cool and make out he was never a transfer target in the first place.

We cannot get him for free next year though, as he WILL leave Wigan this summer and while MA & Co. are playing it cool he will just go to Villa or SMB, then they will act all cool and make out he was never a transfer target in the first place.

Good point. But still...£9 mill is a steep sum (if it's correct) 1/4 of the money from Carroll..

Guest BooBoo

"N'Zogbia was a player we were interested in, but when a club like Aston Villa came in with a big money bid, it very much moved the goalposts."

Pardew- September 2011

"N'Zogbia was a player we were interested in, but when a club like Aston Villa came in with a big money bid, it very much moved the goalposts."

Pardew- September 2011

"Yes we were linked with him but we were never after Charles.. no way would Mike pay more to buy him back than what he sold him for"

Good point. But still...£9 mill is a steep sum (if it's correct) 1/4 of the money from Carroll..

Not a steep sum at all imo. He is definitely worth the £9 million especially when you see the likes of Downing being rated at £15 million +.

Not a steep sum at all imo. He is definitely worth the £9 million especially when you see the likes of Downing being rated at £15 million +.

I would be happy for us pay £9m for him and see the club pay him £60k per week but its not going to happen.

I would be happy for us pay £9m for him and see the club pay him £60k per week but its not going to happen.

:sadnod:

Guest BooBoo

As fans, I've noticed a lot more comments along the lines recently of "I'd not be happy paying that much for potential incoming player" or "£xmillion for potential outgoing player is a great deal."

Why do we care? Its the clubs money after all, it's affecting none of our wallets. As long as we're not going ridiculous like Jordan Henderson esque deals, frankly I'm not arsed if we would be paying over the odds. Sometimes you have to do it if you want the player and that's something that Ashley has never grasped and will never bend to. Its an overly rigid policy that will more often than not see targets slip through the net whilst we settle for third of forth choices.

As for outgoing deals, it doesn't really matter if we got £2million or £12million for someone like Routledge. It doesnt affect one bit our spending so any incoming money is almost irrelevant.