Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

I think Enrique might go from the ones we don't want to leave.

Can see Best, Lovenkrands, Campbell, Guthrie, Routledge and Smith going too, obviously not all of them, but I think we'd not object if any offers came in for these.

Can see Best, Lovenkrands, Campbell, Guthrie, Routledge and Smith going too, obviously not all of them, but I think we'd not object if any offers came in for these.

How long is Campbell's contract for? Can't see Smith (wages) or Best leaving. Best will probably do as a 4th choice for a midtable team tbh. Routledge is as good as gone.

Can we get some suggestions of people outside of this country please?

probably already mentioned but IMO we should be looking at the top players from the Dutch/Belgian leagues. I think most are pretty realistic to get.

Dutch leagues:

FC Twente- Nacer Chadli

Dries Mertens - FC Utrecht

Björn Vleminckx - NEC

Belgian leagues

Legear - Anderlecht

Lucas Biglia - Anderlecht

Marvin Ogunjimi- RC Genk

The likes of Hazard and Lukaku are out of our range though IMO.

As I said in previous posts too, the Argentine league also has some top players at good prices.

I think we may have difficulties getting south American players due to work permit issue ?

true but a lot of Argies have Spanish/Italian passports.....there is also the loophole of the "outstanding young talent" (eg: Anderson, Mikel etc) rule which gets around the visa issues too...that rule might only apply to the Man U`s , Arsenal and Chelseas   of the world though.

There is the South American U-20 tournament (where the likes of Cambiasso, Riquelme, Samuel, Saviola, Tevez were noticed more) going on right now and I`d like to think we have scouts there but 100% sure we don`t.

South Americans with foreign passports are hot potatoes in other leagues. Competition for them is fierce. Easier way to go is to learn from steve Bruce n roberto Martinez to buy established national team players from small nation. Palacio, Valencia, riveros, Da silva, Figueroa, Rodallega, alcaraz

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

How long is Campbell's contract for? Can't see Smith (wages) or Best leaving. Best will probably do as a 4th choice for a midtable team tbh. Routledge is as good as gone.

Campbell will be gone at the end of the season

South Americans with foreign passports are hot potatoes in other leagues. Competition for them is fierce. Easier way to go is to learn from steve Bruce n roberto Martinez to buy established national team players from small nation. Palacio, Valencia, riveros, Da silva, Figueroa, Rodallega, alcaraz

It's ridiculously easy to get a Spanish passport if you're a south-american living in Spain. Two years working legally allows you to start the process (which can be slow or fast depending on how you grease the wheels). We have and have had a shitload of latin american players sporting Spanish passports in La Liga. Kun Agüero got his last week, Forlán has had one for a while, Dani Alves, Robinho, Messi... Marcos Senna even managed to become a Spain regular because of this.

Also every Argentinian player in the world seems to have an Italian passport.

It's ridiculously easy to get a Spanish passport if you're a south-american living in Spain. Two years working legally allows you to start the process (which can be slow or fast depending on how you grease the wheels). We have and have had a shitload of latin american players sporting Spanish passports in La Liga. Kun Agüero got his last week, Forlán has had one for a while, Dani Alves, Robinho, Messi... Marcos Senna even managed to become a Spain regular because of this.

Yeah but the names you quoted are all highly sought after by others ? If there is an easy way to sign cheap south Americans I expect the likes of redknappe, Bruce etc sucking them up like how we scourge cheap French players of minority ethnic origin. To Bruce's credits he is the first to take full advantage of established players in lesser countries. I really think we ought to do the same, hoovering up national players from Korea, japan, Paraguay, Colombia, USA, poland etc

Yeah but the names you quoted are all highly sought after by others ? If there is an easy way to sign cheap south Americans I expect the likes of redknappe, Bruce etc sucking them up like how we scourge cheap French players of minority ethnic origin. To Bruce's credits he is the first to take full advantage of established players in lesser countries. I really think we ought to do the same, hoovering up national players from Korea, japan, Paraguay, Colombia, USA, poland etc

Yeah yeah, I used those names because they are the ones I know for certain that have Spanish passports without looking them up. But Alves for example was Spanish before even being called up by Brazil. Pretty sure there are a bunch of talented SA players in Spain with EU passports. For example I just looked up Piatti and he has an Italian one.

And since one of those you mentioned (Routledge) has gone and another home grown one has gone, where are the replacements?

Many people have already said it but we should have been buying player BEFORE Carroll was sold, now that we've lost him as well just makes the whole thing even more embarrassing.

You are now arguing the politics of replacement, not the politics of young hungry + resale value

I appreciate your concerns n I can understand where u r coming from, but we got Ireland to replace eoutkedge. N I m of the opinion that it's a gamble worth taking to delay procurement of striker till summer

Hulk would easily be worth splashing out £20-25M for. Not that we could attract him or afford his wages. But in a dream world imagine him alone up front and Ben Arfa in a Beardsley role..Time for a wank i think :)