Deloittes Football rich list 2011 download

Rob W

Guest sicko2ndbest

Knowing our lot they probabaly forgot to put the figures in

It does show how much last years relegation cost the club for all the Ashley bashers

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/news/news-releases/0b5d33ba17a0e210VgnVCM2000001b56f00aRCRD.htm

2..74 mb pdf

we've been bumped off the top 20 by............  Villa!!

We weren't in it in 08/09 either.

We were 20th in last year's list.

Not according to the table in this report.

Perhaps they used preliminary figures in the 2010 report. Were our accounts published by the time the report was produced?

In Jan 09 Llambias was predicting revenues of £100m. When the accounts came out though the reported revenue was only £86m, so we obviously didn't do very well against the forecasts in the remainder of the reporting period, missing out on an important £14m payment from somewhere.

I'll find the article but I read somewhere that we're now down somewhere close to 40th or 50th whilst having Sunderland somwhere between 30th and 40th on the list.

It's also believed that this years TV revenue has gone up from £35 to £45m for a few premier league teams so given that and the sale of Andy Carrol our revenue for the 2010/2011 season is already at £80m before we even begin to consider matchday income, merchandise and sponsorship deals.

EDIT:

Found the link, although I never looked at where I was reading the article first time round, apologies for linking to the widely trusted and respected Sun  :weep:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/breaking-news/2011/02/10/newcastle-united-drop-out-of-football-rich-list-72703-28147616/

It does show how much last years relegation cost the club for all the Ashley bashers

This is something to praise him for?

Guest neesy111

This is something to praise him for?

Quite a proportion of the reasons for relegation were because of him.  Yes, he should be credited by putting in quite a large stack of his own money into the club, but he should also be putting some of his own money to account for the relegation season.

Quite a proportion of the reasons for relegation were because of him.  Yes, he should be credited by putting in quite a large stack of his own money into the club, but he should also be putting some of his own money to account for the relegation season.

^^ This.

I will give him praise for putting cash into the club, but I suspect it is purely to protect his investment. Our resale value would drop if we hadn't made it back to the PL.

Is Ashley actually putting net amounts of money into the club given he owns our debts and we are paying them off as well?

i don't think the money that hes given to the club is being paid off, could be wrong mind

Surely if we can afford we're paying the debt off with a monthly fee! and no doubt we can...

I remember Mort saying that part of the deal for Ashley to buy the club was to include him putting £20m into the club every season.

I also remember reading on .co.uk when we were no longer up for sale was that he was going to take back his £130m that he put into the club with a payment of 10-15-20m a year but only when the club is in profit, which will probably be at the end of this financial year we'll be paying off some of the loan thanks to skeleton face leaving for liverpool.

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/news/news-releases/0b5d33ba17a0e210VgnVCM2000001b56f00aRCRD.htm

2..74 mb pdf

we've been bumped off the top 20 by............  Villa!!

Perhaps they used preliminary figures in the 2010 report. Were our accounts published by the time the report was produced?

In Jan 09 Llambias was predicting revenues of £100m. When the accounts came out though the reported revenue was only £86m, so we obviously didn't do very well against the forecasts in the remainder of the reporting period, missing out on an important £14m payment from somewhere.

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/industries/sportsbusinessgroup/d039400401a17210VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm

2..74 mb pdf

we've been bumped off the top 20 by............  Villa!!

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/industries/sportsbusinessgroup/d039400401a17210VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm

That table is missing Atletico Madrid @ 18 with 105 Euro turnover. They must have added them later.