Our youth set up.

Guest north shields lad

Guest north shields lad

Who are the most promising 15/16/17 year olds in the youth set up, and how do they compare to lads the same age at clubs such as Arsenal and Manchester united? Which young players are meant to be the next big thing in the country, and who do they play for?

Who are the most promising 15/16/17 year olds in the youth set up, and how do they compare to lads the same age at clubs such as Arsenal and Manchester united? Which young players are meant to be the next big thing in the country, and who do they play for?

Where about in Shields you from? I'm up by The Gunner. SB?

And I've nee idea how good or bad they are. If they are good they'll sell well though.

Guest north shields lad

Where about in Shields you from? I'm up by The Gunner SB?

Im by billy mill, usually drink in the gunner though.

Not far then. I rarely go in the gunner. Who'd you travel away to games with?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60541.0.html

Ask ObiChris or binnsy

It's hard to get a great deal of info about players that age as reporting on their fixtures is banned etc.

Didn't know that. We even get ours on the telly...  :blush:

More along the lines of using full names, etc, due to data/child protection laws.

Guest north shields lad

Not far then. I rarely go in the gunner. Who'd you travel away to games with?

Go in a mini bus with a few, the rest are from newcastle, ashington, and wallsend. I know you run a coach like. I only drink in the gunner when theres a match on i want to watch, as i dont have sky.

Guest north shields lad

Ask ObiChris or binnsy

It's hard to get a great deal of info about players that age as reporting on their fixtures is banned etc.

More along the lines of using full names, etc, due to data/child protection laws.

How come we can watch england under 17s then, and teams like manchester united and liverpool put there youth teams on there own channel. In fact the point of this thread was cos a scouse mate text me and told me we are playing them next in the youth fa cup, think they were winning 9-0 he said.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No idea, always been a grey area with me. I don't use any names unless the club have used them. I know Liverpool are excited about Sterling, who did well tonight.

Ask ObiChris or binnsy

Watched a game with Barca under 12s I think it was and they had this wee african guy who was insanely good. Not sure if you will know who he is but he was so far ahead of everyone else it was unbelievable.

Hehe, I admit that I don't really keep track of our U12s, far too early to judge who's going to be hot and might as well play pregnant mothers. I mostly watch Cadetes (15 years) onwards.

We have a bunch of Africans entering our system due to a partnership with Eto'o's foundation.

Hehe, I admit that I don't really keep track of our U12s, far too early to judge who's going to be hot and might as well play pregnant mothers. I mostly watch Cadetes (15 years) onwards.

We have a bunch of Africans entering our system due to a partnership with Eto'o's foundation.

:lol: True. Yeah I just noticed it was on when I was last down and was instantly glued to it as they were so good. Maybe it was a bit older, can't really remember but that lad had a lot of potential.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I read the Argentine Barca Academy is closing?

I read the Argentine Barca Academy is closing?

Yes.

To be honest we don't get much from these schools and they're expensive. Scouting networks are just more efficient. We are expanding our facilities in Barcelona and will focus training kids here.

I'll never understand why we don't actually produce more players to be honest.  We have such a large catchment area with little competition, we should be able to churn out a large amount of good players.  We are possibly one of the few areas in England (I would have thought) that have the same advantages.