Newcastle United vs Bolton Wanderers, Saturday (26/2/11) Pre-match thread.

Stifler

Guest EastEndGeordie

bench

Subs: Tim Krul, James Perch, Sol Campbell, Steven Taylor, Ryan Taylor, Nile Ranger, Shefki Kuqi

Bloody hell we're screwed if any of our Midfielders get injured.

I think Perch and Raylor are considered the 'midfielders' of that bench. :lol:

That doesn't change the situation, though.

I think we'd either turn to a 433 with Ranger upfront or carry on with a 422 but have Loven drop to the left and partner Ranger upfront with Best.

bench

Subs: Tim Krul, James Perch, Sol Campbell, Steven Taylor, Ryan Taylor, Nile Ranger, Shefki Kuqi

I think we'd either turn to a 433 with Ranger upfront or carry on with a 422 but have Loven drop to the left and partner Ranger upfront with Best.

Blimey. Starting the match with 9 players? We must be confident.

Of course it doesn't. It will look a lot healthier when Guthrie, Ireland and Ben Arfa are all fit.

And probably Gosling.

Aye forgot about him. EastEndGeordie is probably right, we'd likely change our shape if we picked up any injuries in the midfield today.

Guest EastEndGeordie

bench

Blimey. Starting the match with 9 players? We must be confident.

:tiote: is worth at least three men.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

bench

Not with our super versatile James Perch, and "utility man" Ryan Taylor.

What's with these predictions of thrashing them? Just pure optimism?

We're delusional Geordies. That's why.

lol u wont win da title lol stupid newcastle fans lol

lol we wil m8!!11 i fink we shud buy rooney cos i did in fifa he mint lol

bench

Not with our super versatile James Perch, and "utility man" Ryan Taylor.

If Nolan or Tiote go injured, Barton would come in and Loven would go on the wing.

If a winger got injured, Loven would cover.

If we lost two midfielders, then we'd have to call on Raylor.  Perch is just turboshit.

The two next matches will be crucial for our hope of Europe. But I think the club is going in the right direction with Tiote and Carver signing long term deals. So for once I think NUFC will rise to the occasion, winning the next two games.

"he mint" :lol:

"he mint" :lol:

Bloody hell, it's like being on a Man U board in here!

Guest EastEndGeordie

The two next matches will be crucial for our hope of Europe. But I think the club is going in the right direction with Tiote and Carver signing long term deals. So for once I think NUFC will rise to the occasion, winning the next two games.

The new contract will enable us to win IMHO as his morale will be sky high and when he plays well he can easily carry the team.

Bolton embarrassed us earlier in the season and I feel that this group of lads respond well to that sort of thing. Aston Villa relegated us and we hammered them, Arsenal went up 4-0 against us and we molested them in the second half, etc. Even the whole season last year, I think, was an example of how this group plays when they feel they have something to prove.

So, yeah, I feel good that we're going to get a result today.

The new contract will enable us to win IMHO as his morale will be sky high and when he plays well he can easily carry the team.

With ease  :snod:

Guest EastEndGeordie

With ease  :snod:

:lol: Well I'm off to the pub to watch the match, and when I come back we'll either be saying how s**** NUFC are or how great they are and how we'll be getting into europe.

Hopefully the latter.

Guest mimifrench

Rob Scanlon - NUFC: Hatem Ben Arfa stood just behind us in the directors box, signing autographs!

It is in the live commentary on the official web site of nufc, good news :thup: