Greatest Moment as an NUFC Supporter?

Guest EastEndGeordie

Shearer's goal against Spurs in the FA Cup semi final was a f***ing great moment.

"It's Alan Shearer.. that's the way to finish it!"

Nerve-wracking as owt was that day. I can remember Dabizas getting away with a blatant handball after we'd gone 1 ahead. Did Shearer get them both that day - first one was a pen wasn't it? I know it was 2-0 aet...

Can't remember anything about that match (well apart from that goal) but after reading this I can now remember, watching it at home and, the handball being clear as day. :lol:

Think Dabizas's handball was at 0-0, then Sol Campbell did exact same thing and we got pen.

I was in the upper tier at the side, whole crowd jumping up and down chanting 'Ruud Gullit' and could actually feel it bouncing, remember Shearer commenting on it.

You were obviously one of the chaps I was looking up at... :coolsmiley:

Can't remember fuck all of that game, was that the semi with the goal of the season or was that Sheff U?

Sheff U was 1-0, shearer bundled it in, spurs 2-0 was the screamer

i think

He got both in the Spurs semi though right?

Shearer's goal against Spurs in the FA Cup semi final was a f***ing great moment.

Nerve-wracking as owt was that day. I can remember Dabizas getting away with a blatant handball after we'd gone 1 ahead. Did Shearer get them both that day - first one was a pen wasn't it? I know it was 2-0 aet...

Can't remember anything about that match (well apart from that goal) but after reading this I can now remember, watching it at home and, the handball being clear as day. :lol:

Think Dabizas's handball was at 0-0, then Sol Campbell did exact same thing and we got pen.

I was in the upper tier at the side, whole crowd jumping up and down chanting 'Ruud Gullit' and could actually feel it bouncing, remember Shearer commenting on it.

Can't remember fuck all of that game, was that the semi with the goal of the season or was that Sheff U?

i think

Aye. I've generally got a shit memory for football but that Spurs semi is one game that really sticks in my mind for some reason.

Can't remember f*** all of that game, was that the semi with the goal of the season or was that Sheff U?

i think

Aye. I've generally got a s*** memory for football but that Spurs semi is one game that really sticks in my mind for some reason.

for the atmosphere. mundane till ferguson came on (we should've had a pen for the incident that cause the break in play for him to come on and no fucker seemed to realise) then our lot kicke doff noise wise.

Can't remember f*** all of that game, was that the semi with the goal of the season or was that Sheff U?

i think

Aye. I've generally got a s*** memory for football but that Spurs semi is one game that really sticks in my mind for some reason.

for the atmosphere. mundane till ferguson came on (we should've had a pen for the incident that cause the break in play for him to come on and no fucker seemed to realise) then our lot kicke doff noise wise.

:aww:

My main memory is my mate changing from her Newcastle shirt to an England shirt as she spilled a drink everywhere. We immediately scored when she came back into the room. For about 2 seasons after that neither of us wore anything with the Newcastle crest on a matchday.

i think

for the atmosphere. mundane till ferguson came on (we should've had a pen for the incident that cause the break in play for him to come on and no f***er seemed to realise) then our lot kicke doff noise wise.

:aww:

My main memory is my mate changing from her Newcastle shirt to an England shirt as she spilled a drink everywhere. We immediately scored when she came back into the room. For about 2 seasons after that neither of us wore anything with the Newcastle crest on a matchday.

as ferguson was waiting to come on the noise cranked up, we were fromt row middle tier  and everyone was braying on the 'hoardings', carnival time at 0-0.

Guest magpie99

This is for all the old farts on here.

1.  Fairs cup final 1969 - 3-0 v Ujpest Dosza..........Bobby Moncur scoring twice

2.  Retrun leg in Budapest.......3-2.....UD had beaten the best team in England at the time, Leeds United 8-1 in the semi final. Moncur scored again.

3.  FA Cup quarter final 1974 v Notts Forest, 3-1 down, down to 10men., pitch invasioin and only half an hour left, Moncur scores again to win 4-3, Bloody FA ordered a replay but we still beat the winging twats.

4.  FA Cip semi final at Hillsborough 1974 - beat Burnley 2-0 and Supermac ruled the day after Burnley played us off the park. Sublome ball from Terry Hibbitt for the second.

5.  Watching the finest player I have ever seen play for the club who virtually single handed saved us from relegation in 1972.....TONY GREEN

...and me!

We were right under the top tier in the North Stand, and the whole concrete deck was bouncing about 6 inches. The middle tier we were in was swaying about that much  it felt like standing on a surfboard. Thank f**k for the six pints or so consumed before the match, or I'd have been bloody terrified. One of the Man U stewards came over and said "it's never like this when United are at home!"

I'll never forget that last 20 minutes -"Ruud Gullit's Black and White Army"

It's certainly up there, but I just like recalling the commentary tbh :aww:

"It's Kieron Dyer.... past Van Wonderen....oh Dyer blocked, BELLAMY! IT'S IN!...OH EXTRAORDINARY! Has there ever been a more dramatic night in the Champions League?! FOCUS says Sir Bobby..."

...and me!

We were right under the top tier in the North Stand, and the whole concrete deck was bouncing about 6 inches. The middle tier we were in was swaying about that much  it felt like standing on a surfboard. Thank f**k for the six pints or so consumed before the match, or I'd have been bloody terrified. One of the Man U stewards came over and said "it's never like this when United are at home!"

I'll never forget that last 20 minutes -"Ruud Gullit's Black and White Army"

I wasn't directly underneath so I could look on in amazement, I would have been shitting my pants if I was underneath it.