Greatest Moment as an NUFC Supporter?

Guest EastEndGeordie

I'm sure I have a different answer for this every time it's asked - which is a good thing really.

Currently it's 3-2 against Barca, one of the earliest games I went to where I truly appreciated the amazing atmosphere. I'd been to plenty of others before then but nothing quite so special.

:weep:

:smug:

Guest firetotheworks

Ginola vs Man United. I think I actually cried with joy. Obviously Peacock had already scored, but it was marginal. I think it was the culmination of having let a 12 point lead slip, battering Man Utd the previous season and losing, not winning the title, then England going out on penalties (back when I cared about England), then signing Shearer but getting beaten in the Charity Shield. In this match, just before my birthday, my favourite player playing against my most despised rival unleashed one of the most beautiful goals I've ever seen. It was just perfect in every way, and if I'd been old enough at the time, I'd have cum.

I'm sure I have a different answer for this every time it's asked - which is a good thing really.

Currently it's 3-2 against Barca, one of the earliest games I went to where I truly appreciated the amazing atmosphere. I'd been to plenty of others before then but nothing quite so special.

You've had enough to make up for it. :lol:

Bellamy v Feyenoord was pretty special to go with Albert, I ran out into my street screaming. :undecided:

Unfortunately i've not seen many uber-special moments live. I didn't even see Feyenoord on the TV cos i didn't have Sky at me Gran's.

I'll have to be all wet and say Newcastle vs Blackburn in the Worthington Cup on the 11th (i think) November 1998. Drew 1-1, lost on penalties. Shearer scored a typical bullet header from a Stuart Pearce cross after eight minutes.

My first game. :smitten:

Best TV moment was probably either Martins vs Spurs or Shearer's rocket vs Chelsea in the 2-1 win. For sheer :kasper: factor.

You've had enough to make up for it. :lol:

Bellamy v Feyenoord was pretty special to go with Albert, I ran out into my street screaming. :undecided:

I know, but the "we are not good enough" feeling really stung at the time!

Toon's Taylor: Good shout on Shearer vs Everton, it took something special to beat Richard Wright that day.

Yeah I was at Shearers testimonial, I just thought Pedros was better. I wanted more people he had played with in the team, rather than Luque...

When Bergkamp flicked that ball around Dabizas and scored was pretty amazing, albeit for the wrong reasons!

I didn't appreciate it at the time, but in hindsight I was about 10 metres away from one the greatest goals by a true legend of the game.

He didn't mean it.

David Kelly's winner v Portsmouth in May 1992. Probably the biggest 'goal' and celebration that came after in NUFC's history. Was in the scoreboard that day and by christ, what a relief when Ned scored. :coolsmiley:

Abso-bloody-lutely. West Stand Paddock for that one. Utter mayhem.

I actually came on here to say that as we haven't won a great deal, my greatest moment was probably David Kelly's goal away to Grimsby in 1993 to finally clinch promotion to the Premier League. It was the first time I felt we had truly achieved something by winning the league (pipping winning promotion when Keegan was a player).

However, having read your post, I'd say the two moments hold equal significance for me.

When Bergkamp flicked that ball around Dabizas and scored was pretty amazing, albeit for the wrong reasons!

I didn't appreciate it at the time, but in hindsight I was about 10 metres away from one the greatest goals by a true legend of the game.

He didn't mean it.

i thought not at the time, till i watched it over and over that night and had to give grudging repect to one of the nastiest men in the premiership.

when your made to think of whats best you realise theres so many, have to say the 5-10 mins at the SOL in shearers last game when we turned 1-0 into 1-3 has to be up there, was absolutely fucked with celebrating the goals for that whole 10mins, then between the 3rd and 4th there just seem to be people looking for there glasses,phones and just basicly recovering from the 10mins of carnage that had just happened  ;D ;D