Can we win the Premier League minus the 'Big Six' next season?

RupertCommunicator

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can we win the Premier League minus the 'Big Six' next season?

Yes WE CAN!!!

Not if Alan Smith's playing, mind.

It's not how much we spend it's who we buy.

Spaffing £30m on players who don't fit isn't as good as spending £20m on players who do. Everything is up in the air and it's impossible to answer this question. Absolutely pivotal window for us.

Cole being our first signing wont help.

Guest WisconsinMagpie

No sane person would spend millions to go from 11th to 7th. Let's hope the owner has higher ambition.

It's not so much a "Big Six", more of a "Big Three" and "The Next Three" - for me Man City are now in the top group with Arsenal slipping back. I'd be interested to read the calm, reasoned and logical explanations of those who disagree that the top six is a closed shop...

Next season, seventh is a realistic achievable goal. If we can manage that, then we can push on and hope to take advantage of any slip-ups by the likes of Tottenham or Liverpool (or the impact of the Financial Fair Play rules)...

It's not so much a "Big Six", more of a "Big Three" and "The Next Three" - for me Man City are now in the top group with Arsenal slipping back. I'd be interested to read the calm, reasoned and logical explanations of those who disagree that the top six is a closed shop...

Next season, seventh is a realistic achievable goal. If we can manage that, then we can push on and hope to take advantage of any slip-ups by the likes of Tottenham or Liverpool (or the impact of the Financial Fair Play rules)...

7th is a realsitic achievable goal........for us,villa,everton,fulham,bolton,stoke,sunderland etc

7th is a realsitic achievable goal........for us,villa,everton,fulham,bolton,stoke,sunderland etc

Exactly - reinforcing the notion that the top six is a closed shop if so many clubs are aiming for seventh (or "Best of the Rest). This is why I'm curious to see why some people think we should be realistically aiming higher next season...