Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

No mention of Henderson?

Regardless, considering everyone keeps saying there's ages left I don't really see why there's a news story there just yet.

:thup: I feel like we read this same story every other close season, and then there is a flurry of activity.

I wish I shared this fella's optimism

"I'm 99% sure Cesc won't go and I'm pretty confident Nasri won't go either. I still think the whole Nasri malarky is just his agent trying to get a better contract.

As for Cesc, himself and Wenger have both said he is staying so I don't see why the media are so convinced he's going."

With regard to Llorente:

He's an awesome player who is severely underated in Spain (Bilbao apart!!). If you take into account that his supply in the team from Bilbao has been very limited and his playing partner up front is an equivalent of Shefki kuqi, then you might get an idea of what he's capable of. Has good feet, holds the ball up really well and is lethal in the air. I don't know why Madrid haven't made a bid as he would fit well into their current system.

Athletic struggle to get into Uefa each season so I can see why it would be considered as a step up, also bear in mind that he'll be on something like 15.000 euros a week which would be quadrupled if he went to the prem...

P.S. Support Bilbao over here so wouldn't want him to go personally as they are developing into a half decent team with a few youngsters pushing to make the first team... So in other words..FOFF Harry dog features!! LOL

With regard to Llorente:

He's an awesome player who is severely underated in Spain (Bilbao apart!!). If you take into account that his supply in the team from Bilbao has been very limited and his playing partner up front is an equivalent of Shefki kuqi, then you might get an idea of what he's capable of. Has good feet, holds the ball up really well and is lethal in the air. I don't know why Madrid haven't made a bid as he would fit well into their current system.

Athletic struggle to get into Uefa each season so I can see why it would be considered as a step up, also bear in mind that he'll be on something like 15.000 euros a week which would be quadrupled if he went to the prem...

P.S. Support Bilbao over here so wouldn't want him to go personally as they are developing into a half decent team with a few youngsters pushing to make the first team... So in other words..FOFF Harry dog features!! LOL

Most definitely is not.

Guest Roger Kint

With regard to Llorente:

VI said he is on €38k a week net, doubt he will get more here tbh, not sure arry will give him £80k+ in the Premier League to convince him to leave?

38K a week, no way.

When Lleste was playing a year or two ago he was on around 25-30+-K and he was supposedly well overpaid. Can't see Llorente being on the same tbh.

Not an expert on wages either mind!!

Guest kingdawson

With regard to Llorente:

VI said he is on 38k a week net, doubt he will get more here tbh, not sure arry will give him £80k+ in the Premier League to convince him to leave?

we can certainly give him more then that (not significantly more mind).

Guest Roger Kint

With regard to Llorente:

VI said he is on 38k a week net, doubt he will get more here tbh, not sure arry will give him £80k+ in the Premier League to convince him to leave?

we can certainly give him more then that (not significantly more mind).

Agree you could, whether you would and it will be enough is another thing.

I think people are seriously understating the size of Bilbao as club. They're a big, historic club with excellent attendances and will be in Europe next season. I don't see why Llorente would leave his home-town club where he gets a significant wage to play for Spurs.

I find it hard to assume any sort of loyalty in football nowadays.

This.

Alvarez looks like he is turning us down now too.

We're screwed does anybody want to join us?

VI can you confirm this translation is correct?

Reporter: Are you relaxed/content at your club?

Cesc Fabregas: yes, yes, I’m very relaxed

R: [in Catalán] What about the market?

CF: What market?

R: the transfer market [not sure about this next part] Are you in it?

CF: Me? No, if something happens it’s because it has to; I believe that when a player is in the market, it’s because his club doesn’t want him, but I don’t have that problem so I’m calm.

R: Are you an optimist?

CF: Yes, I’m optimistic about everything, I don’t know what you’re referring to.

VI can you confirm this translation is correct?

Reporter: Are you relaxed/content at your club?

Cesc Fabregas: yes, yes, I’m very relaxed

R: [in Catalán] What about the market?

CF: What market?

R: the transfer market [not sure about this next part] Are you in it?

CF: Me? No, if something happens it’s because it has to; I believe that when a player is in the market, it’s because his club doesn’t want him, but I don’t have that problem so I’m calm.

R: Are you an optimist?

CF: Yes, I’m optimistic about everything, I don’t know what you’re referring to.

Don't believe anything that little spunkweasel - or any other footballer - says.