Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest kingdawson

So we were 9 points of 2nd with a Goalie that cost us around double figures in points (no exaggeration) and a piece of shit group of strikers that missed chances galore. I don't think it's that far fetched to say if we manage to hold on to our key players and bring in 2 quality strikers we COULD challenge.

Guest kingdawson

Our strikers scored 18 league goals between them last season (and Pav scored 10 of them). How utterly pathetic is that?

Spurs? Why shouldn't they go for it?

Because it'll get in the way of their title challenge. Then their fight for the top two. Then their fight for third place. Then their fight for CL football. Then their fight for Europe. Then their fight for the top eight. Then their fight for a top ten finish...

Guest kingdawson

Because it'll get in the way of their title challenge. Then their fight for the top two. Then their fight for third place. Then their fight for CL football. Then their fight for Europe. Then their fight for the top eight. Then their fight for a top ten finish...

Everything i've posted is fact. You could possible discuss the valid points i've raised to make this an interesting debate or you could simply ignore it and crack a joke which doesn't really explain why it can't happen.

So we were 9 points of 2nd with a Goalie that cost us around double figures in points (no exaggeration) and a piece of s*** group of strikers that missed chances galore. I don't think it's that far fetched to say if we manage to hold on to our key players and bring in 2 quality strikers we COULD challenge.

Gotta say that both Chelsea and ManU were, in my opinion, rather poor challengers compared to other years and they might improve too.

Everything i've posted is fact. You could possible discuss the valid points i've raised to make this an interesting debate or you could simply ignore it and crack a joke which doesn't really explain why it can't happen.

Sounds like a good enough plan to me  O0

In all seriousness I can't hold a discussion about a team who finished 5th, 18 points off the top, winning the PL this season regardless of who you are rumored to be signing.

To me at this moment in time, the only team above you that have any chance of leapfrogging is Arsenal. Man U and Chelsea are too strong and Man City are getting stronger.

Guest kingdawson

So we were 9 points of 2nd with a Goalie that cost us around double figures in points (no exaggeration) and a piece of s*** group of strikers that missed chances galore. I don't think it's that far fetched to say if we manage to hold on to our key players and bring in 2 quality strikers we COULD challenge.

Gotta say that both Chelsea and ManU were, in my opinion, rather poor challengers compared to other years and they might improve too.

This is true.

Let me make it clear that i don't think for 1 bit we're going to challenge for the league BUT we went the whole of last season with a non existant strike force and error prone GK and still were not far off (well not far off challenging not first). We've now got a more reliable GK and are activley looking to bringing in 2 forwards. It's unlikely but if we get the right players in you never know.

Guest kingdawson

Sounds like a good enough plan to me  O0

In all seriousness I can't hold a discussion about a team who finished 5th, 18 points off the top, winning the PL this season regardless of who you are rumored to be signing.

To me at this moment in time, the only team above you that have any chance of leapfrogging is Arsenal. Man U and Chelsea are too strong and Man City are getting stronger.

I think the discussion was about us putting up a challenge not winning the league.

This is true.

Let me make it clear that i don't think for 1 bit we're going to challenge for the league BUT we went the whole of last season with a non existant strike force and error prone GK and still were not far off (well not far off challenging not first). We've now got a more reliable GK and are activley looking to bringing in 2 forwards. It's unlikely but if we get the right players in you never know.

I think you are really too optimistic regarding Brad Friedel. He's past it in my opinion.

All in all I think you have a legitimate chance of challenging for 4th if you purchase a prolific striker, as Arsenal can really unravel this season if they lose both Cesc and Nasri (and even in they only lose one).

Guest kingdawson

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216514_10150164818343903_279042798902_6692291_7492591_n.jpg

Was that the match when you were 2-0 up and couldn't hold a lead yet again thus losing 3-2?

It'll be like a game of Boring Top Trumps;

"I have Craig Gardner"

"Yeh? Well I have Nigel Reo-Coker"

"Oh really? How about Wes Brown"

"Dude, you've forgotten Tyrone Mears"

"Erm....Anton Ferdinand, bro"

"Sean Davis"

"Ok, ok man, you win...."