Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Wullie, you must be able to see the distinction between not slamming absolutely everything that happens and 'being content with absolutely everything the club does'? Come on.

There isn't a poster on here who hasn't criticised Ashley, Pardew, the players et al, but at the end of the day some people still see things to like and look forward to.

Wullie, you must be able to see the distinction between not slamming absolutely everything that happens and 'being content with absolutely everything the club does'? Come on.

There isn't a poster on here who hasn't criticised Ashley, Pardew, the players et al, but at the end of the day some people still see things to like and look forward to.

:thup:

We know there's major issues, but if people still can't have a wave of optimism going into a season with players like Krul, Santon, Debuchy, Colo, Mbiwa, Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy, Ben Arfa & Cisse, even with the knackers overlooking it all, then it's a bit of a shame really. We're still capable of challenging for a good position.

Guest icemanblue

"Hyper negative"?

Ian you're the most negative defeatist person on this forum. Everyone else wants the club to be successful, you're happy with existing and "having a season with a few decent moments". I don't know how you've got the nerve to say anyone else is negative.

Please tell me what these positives are that we're all missing. The club is in more disarray than I've ever known it and this after scraping to safety last time round.

Really?

Err we had all but one of those players last season and stayed up with a game to go.

Wave of optimism. :lol:

Another one who I suspect would be delighted for NUFC to finish 10th - doesn't fit my dictionary definition of "optimistic".

"Hyper negative"?

Ian you're the most negative defeatist person on this forum. Everyone else wants the club to be successful, you're happy with existing and "having a season with a few decent moments". I don't know how you've got the nerve to say anyone else is negative.

Please tell me what these positives are that we're all missing. The club is in more disarray than I've ever known it and this after scraping to safety last time round.

Really?

Of course. There's nobody actually running the club anymore, if you hadn't noticed.

Err we had all but one of those players last season and stayed up with a game to go.

Wave of optimism. :lol:

Another one who I suspect would be delighted for NUFC to finish 10th - doesn't fit my dictionary definition of "optimistic".

We can compete for 6th-7th. Who of the top 5 do you think we can finish ahead of?

Guest icemanblue

"Hyper negative"?

Really?

Of course. There's nobody actually running the club anymore, if you hadn't noticed.

No, I hadn't, but thanks for pointing it out.

I don't agree with that, at all, like. I'd say we were in a far worse state during the relegation season, for one. Although, I'm absolutely sure there are near countless bleaker times we've experienced.

Guest neesy111

How can we compete for 6th or 7th with the current options in the forward positions and this manager? ???

We finished 5th with similar.

That team had far more goals and options than what we have now.  It's not similar.

We nearly went down with similar much more recently.

And it has ramped up a level of shitness in terms of board level and squad. Also the manager has very little support compared to the start of last season.

But lets laugh it off, everything is fine, best period in years. Rock on fella.

How can we compete for 6th or 7th with the current options in the forward positions and this manager? ???

We finished 5th with similar.

That team had far more goals and options than what we have now.  It's not similar.

The major differences are Remy & Gouffran for Ba & Best. Plus Cisse for a full season this time, and Sissoko.

The fact is that lesser clubs around us are going out and spending the money they need to upgrade their squad for the season now. We are trying to bring in players on the cheap - in this case Gomis because his contract is running down and he's in a dispute with his current club - and we end up bringing in the players we need for an admittedly decent price a season or 2 after we actually need them.

We're undoubtedly gambling on getting another striker and a winger for pennies instead of splashing out the money that would guarantee it (£10m-£15m for a Carroll or Bony, hell add another few bob on top and go for a Soldado.)

The fact is that lesser clubs around us are going out and spending the money they need to upgrade their squad for the season now. We are trying to bring in players on the cheap - in this case Gomis because his contract is running down and he's in a dispute with his current club - and we end up bringing in the players we need for an admittedly decent price a season or 2 after we actually need them.

We're undoubtedly gambling on getting another striker and a winger for pennies instead of splashing out the money that would guarantee it (£10m-£15m for a Carroll or Bony, hell add another few bob on top and go for a Soldado.)

Wasn't Gomis going to cost about £8m?

I don't think our squad is worse than the one that finished fifth. Ba is a big miss but Cisse benefits from his leaving and we also have Remy if he doesn't go down. Our midfield and defence is better now.

I don't think our squad is worse than the one that finished fifth. Ba is a big miss but Cisse benefits from his leaving and we also have Remy if he doesn't go down. Our midfield and defence is better now.

Aye, Debuchy is also a much better attacking outlet compared to Simpson also.

Guest chopey

Yes he was thats the reason he is not here

The squad that finished 5th was relatively lucky with injuries in defensive areas (we went to shit when Taylor was injured) and scrapped it's way to victory. Had Coloccini and Krul picked lengthy injuries we probably would have been nearer to 17th than we were 5th.

Sure, but even if that's the case any team would be affected by injuries to players as important as those two.

£4m cheaper than Bony and £7m cheaper than Carroll. Both who were probably willing to come (the latter was desperate) and are probably better players. We missed out on them though and now we'll probably miss out Gomis.