Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Elmander is the one who had that one off good season for Bolton yeah? Then Williamson and Colo both tried to do him in, in the same game :)

Yeah, although he was playing in a Gary Megson-managed team for the first 18 months of that. He left and we replaced him with David Ngog and got relegated.

We smashed you 5-1 that game, I don't think a midfield consisting of Nolan, Smith and Guthrie worked that day.

Elmander is the one who had that one off good season for Bolton yeah? Then Williamson and Colo both tried to do him in, in the same game :)

Yeah, although he was playing in a Gary Megson-managed team for the first 18 months of that. He left and we replaced him with David Ngog and got relegated.

We smashed you 5-1 that game, I don't think a midfield consisting of Nolan, Smith and Guthrie worked that day.

Smith

:facepalm:

AVB had Parker clocked for what he is as soon as he went to Spurs.

Seems a bit of an odd comment, given that he's three times the player Tiote is - who you defend on here.

Not really. Tiote's not at a club who are aiming to challenge for the title.

Don't think Parker's a bad player at all. Starting to lose a step, but he is 33 in two months. Could carve out a Danny Murphy role for himself somewhere (in fact he's being linked with Fulham, which would be a very good move for both parties).

Parker's a completely different type of player to Danny Murphy.

Don't think Parker's a bad player at all. Starting to lose a step, but he is 33 in two months. Could carve out a Danny Murphy role for himself somewhere (in fact he's being linked with Fulham, which would be a very good move for both parties).

More defensive maybe. But Murphy developed into more of a holding midfielder as he aged. We're talking degrees, not "completely different."

And I meant more as an aging central midfielder who can still play at this level, do the business for a mid-table side.

More defensive maybe. But Murphy developed into more of a holding midfielder as he aged. We're talking degrees, not "completely different."

And I meant more as an aging central midfielder who can still play at this level, do the business for a mid-table side.

TBF for me they were completely different midfielders. Parker is for me a holding midfielder while Danny was more of a Cabaye type or w/e you're going to call it at that age.

AVB had Parker clocked for what he is as soon as he went to Spurs.

Seems a bit of an odd comment, given that he's three times the player Tiote is - who you defend on here.

Not really.

Stop talking shite, man. Was it you that last season said the same thing?

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/avb-welcomes-back-parker-061212

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1266052/andre-villas-boas-denies-scott-parker-and-michael-dawson-exit?cc=5739

TBF for me they were completely different midfielders. Parker is for me a holding midfielder while Danny was more of a Cabaye type or w/e you're going to call it at that age.

Liked Murphy a lot, easily capable of playing a killer pass. More defensive as he got older, naturally, but still produced a good standard even a couple of years ago. Good player.

Guest palnese

Headed back to Zagreb on loan until he turns 18. Apparently Spurs agreed to sign his younger brother as part of the deal. :lol:

Love those deals, Man Utd signed all 3 Rooneys didn't they? :lol:

Eh? :lol:

Headed back to Zagreb on loan until he turns 18. Apparently Spurs agreed to sign his younger brother as part of the deal. :lol:

Only two isn't there? They were both at Everton but we didn't sign his brother.

I'm sure there were 3 but maybe I am getting mixed up with the Ameobi's, easy mistake to make.

Edit: You're right, was certain Adam Rooney was one of that lot despite him apparently being from Ireland and never having played for Man Utd :lol:

I'm sure there were 3 but maybe I am getting mixed up with the Ameobi's, easy mistake to make.

Edit: You're right, was certain Adam Rooney was one of that lot despite him apparently being from Ireland and never having played for Man Utd :lol:

Rooney is half Irish I'm fairly sure

No.