Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

According to "As" Valencia haven't received any offer from Arsenal regarding Mata, and the player doesn't want to go to Spurs.

I have also done some "research" on his contract. Apparently his release clause varies depending on the club that comes for him. The bigger, the more expensive, plus if Valencia turns them down they are forced to raise his wages.

Hey, I have talked a lot about it!

Please return him in good state.

Where? :( Cant find it

I've read that Roma could in a sense 'cancel' the buy out clause, if Barca were to offer 40mil euros, or something? Even though that would technically be the buy-out clause..

I think he'll probably stay as long as Enrique does. Speaking of which, how was he with Barca B? Do you think he will do a good job for us?

I presume that if he performs well with you, but not €40m well, we'd negotiate a lower fee. I can't see him returning to Barça as long as Pep is manager (which admittedly may not last more than this season).

Luís Enrique was fantastic for Barça B, he achieved our highest finish ever for our B side. He's more direct and aggressive than Pep, although he still played the same brand of football. His rants on the touchline are great. I think it's a bold move for both Enrique and Roma, since going to a different league is always a challenge, but I back him to do well.

I presume that if he performs well with you, but not €40m well, we'd negotiate a lower fee. I can't see him returning to Barça as long as Pep is manager (which admittedly may not last more than this season).

Luís Enrique was fantastic for Barça B, he achieved our highest finish ever for our B side. He's more direct and aggressive than Pep, although he still played the same brand of football. His rants on the touchline are great. I think it's a bold move for both Enrique and Roma, since going to a different league is always a challenge, but I back him to do well.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't really want to see Menez leave, and definitely not Vucinic (which he wont) but im probably right in saying that Heinze and Bojan are now the only spanish speakers in the squad? Hmm

Stekelenberg in and i'll be fairly happy :) Need a top class centre back though ;/

I forgot about Jose Angel too, hmm, digging this Spanish connection to be honest :)

Linked with Ogbonna but im not sure who else at the moment, been too tied up with work to keep track.

Hopefully i'll be able to make Inter - Roma in Milan on the 17th September :D

Think people are forgetting how fantastic Tevez was for City last season. On his own up front, he was a monster. It'll be very hard to replace, although Aguero does have exceptional talent. Its great to have him in England.

Rossi or Osvaldo. Don't think Forlán will leave, he's even volunteered to cut his holidays short in order to play in the EL qualifying round.

Fuck sake, Osvaldo would be perfect for us.

Rossi or Osvaldo. Don't think Forlán will leave, he's even volunteered to cut his holidays short in order to play in the EL qualifying round.

f*** sake, Osvaldo would be perfect for us.

He's out of your reach, €20m is the reported asking price.

Wonder if Mancini would lend us Dzeko for a year? We could pay at least 20% of his wages?

Aye, can be City's 'giving back to the community'/helping those in need for the year :pow:

f*** sake, Osvaldo would be perfect for us.

He's out of your reach, €20m is the reported asking price.

No surprise, going to be a top player.

Wasn't that good last year by all accounts.

What I saw of him was good last year. Unsurprisingly looked more comfortable going forward but he can certainly do well for a top 10 team. I'd certainly have him but mainly because he's not Tony Hibbert.

Arsenal look set to offer Kyle Bartley a new contract, he has been making noises about wanting first team football and seeking a move if necessary, I hope he is in the first team next year I think he is ready, ahead of Miquel and offers more than Squillaci for me.

Guest Wearside

Wasn't that good last year by all accounts.

What I saw of him was good last year. Unsurprisingly looked more comfortable going forward but he can certainly do well for a top 10 team. I'd certainly have him but mainly because he's not Tony Hibbert.

I disagree.

He is a decent solid defender but if people are expecting him to be a modern day full back who goes and overlaps the winger and join in attacks then people will be disappointed,not that sort of player at all.

Like I say,a solid,steady if unspectacular defender but certainly not worth the £6m that Man City want for him,only young though so time to improve and may be better in his preferred position of centre half where he hardly ever played for us.

Fair enough, you obviously saw plenty more than me. I just didn't see him to be a secure defender. He's 25 like in a few months so I wouldn't say he's a potential player anymore per se.