Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone fancy a random transfer?

Simeon Jackson to Eintracht Braunschweig

FFS even Eintr....... :lol:

I personally think we have one of the best transfer strategies in the league. Obviously i'd like us to tweak it here and there but suppose you have to take the rough with the smooth but i'm happy the way we go about things in general.

No surprise, I agree. In fact, to get us into a position where we only need 2 first team players this summer is pretty good. Question is can we find the right ones at the right prices.

The 'right price' aka the absolute bare minimum is the major flaw in our transfer activity though

It can be an issue, aye. I'm sure we've missed out on some transfers on account of money.

Like the top target we wasted 2 years watching his summer. Not convinced we really wanted Bony but the Debuchy delay and last summers striker failures set us back last season

Well i did say i would like to see us tweak it here and there, this being one of them. However i do believe if the deal is worth pulling off, Ashley will get the money out regardless if it’s double figures or not. We pretty much had Remy in Jan had it not been for QPR and there massive wage allocation preventing it. We plucked up the money for Cisse, although we probz saved ourselves a couple of million from not signing him earlier, similar to Debuchy. I don’t think he’s set a specific budget this summer but if someone is going to cost excess of 10 million and he looks the part, the money will be put down. Like previously said, it’s just finding the right players to fit.

I personally think we have one of the best transfer strategies in the league. Obviously i'd like us to tweak it here and there but suppose you have to take the rough with the smooth but i'm happy the way we go about things in general.

No surprise, I agree. In fact, to get us into a position where we only need 2 first team players this summer is pretty good. Question is can we find the right ones at the right prices.

The 'right price' aka the absolute bare minimum is the major flaw in our transfer activity though

It can be an issue, aye. I'm sure we've missed out on some transfers on account of money.

Like the top target we wasted 2 years watching his summer. Not convinced we really wanted Bony but the Debuchy delay and last summers striker failures set us back last season

You mean Aubameyang? I doubt we would have got him at any price. I accept the general point though.

Guest Roger Kint

You mean Aubameyang? I doubt we would have got him at any price. I accept the general point though.

We will never know if we could have as we pissed about 'in the loop' rather than just putting down the money and going for it. Theres no real evidence to say if we pushed it through he would have turned us down, we do know that mincing about doing nowt definately cost us the player we allegedly most wanted

We will never know if we could have as we pissed about 'in the loop' rather than just putting down the money and going for it. Theres no real evidence to say if we pushed it through he would have turned us down, we do know that mincing about doing nowt definately cost us the player we allegedly most wanted

No way IMO, as soon as Dortmund were interested we had no chance. They're about the most attractive destination in Europe at the moment, outside of the mega teams.

Guest icemanblue

St etienne said us and Anzhi offered more than Dortmund but the player wanted Dortmund.

Yep.

Guest Roger Kint

No way IMO, as soon as Dortmund were interested we had no chance. They're about the most attractive destination in Europe at the moment, outside of the mega teams.

There was a small 5 month window before BVB came in though, thats got nowt to do with what you are saying.

Guest Roger Kint

St etienne said us and Anzhi offered more than Dortmund but the player wanted Dortmund.

Nobody is talking about after BVB came in though :lol:

Nobody is talking about after BVB came in though :lol:

Ah right, strange. Well if you mean we might have been able to pinch him before Dortmund came in, it's sort of possible. But only if he was stupid enough not to realise that he was highly in demand. We might have got him in January I suppose, but we did make another batch of signings then, and we also thought we were getting Remy.

Pissed about 'in the loop'? Not according to French sources -

We now  know since Thursday that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will wear a Borussia Dortmund shirt next season. The finalists of the last Champions League have spent €13 million ( plus €2 million bonus) to secure the services of the Gabon International

In doing so, the owners of Etienne kept their word: they had indeed promised to let PEA choose his destination, as long as the offer made to  them was acceptable. The 23 year old having favoured the sporting challenge offered by Borussia Dortmund, ASSE (St.Etienne) had turned its back on higher offers made by Anzhi Makhachkala, Rubin Kazan and Newcastle.

http://www.butfootballclub.fr/532517-asse-info-but-pourquoi-le-club-a-refuse-de-meilleures-offres-pour-aubame/

And I'd have thought those offers were in before BVB came in, doing little more than smoking out their interest.

Guest Phil K

What ? With a mega draw like Kinnear ?  :buck2: