Gervinho

Dave

Arsenal really need to spunk £10-15m on the best keeper they can attract to the club, until then they'll never be able to build from the back and see out games.

A Tiote would do them the world of good as well, 'Lass' is apparently available from Madrid.

It should be stressed he may turn out to be a very good keeper in a few years, that's not the point here, before you say anything Ash. Relying on such an inexperienced, young keeper is madness, especially if you are to have any realistic aspirations of going for the title.

I agree to an extent but we are never going to spend the £20m required on an experienced ready made keeper.

In an absolute ideal world we'd go out spend £20m on Reina and send Chesney on a real decent loan for 2/3 seasons then get most the money back on Reina, but I don't think that is feasible.

Arsenal really need to spunk £10-15m on the best keeper they can attract to the club, until then they'll never be able to build from the back and see out games.

A Tiote would do them the world of good as well, 'Lass' is apparently available from Madrid.

Should never have allowed him to leave but Arsene Wenger won't keep a player that's not happy, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. This really isn't the Arsenal issues thread though.

Should never have allowed him to leave but Arsene Wenger won't keep a player that's not happy, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. This really isn't the Arsenal issues thread though.

Aye looking back a monumental mistake by Wenger. To think how solid you could have been having him in there. Reckon he'd go back? £12m apparently.

PS: Was in relation to Arsenal's interest or supposed interest in Gervinho, Keeper and DM are miles ahead on the needed list.

Don't know why anyone bothers conversing with Gash about football, like. He thinks Almunia is great.

Oh shut up, knob head. I've never called him a great goalkeeper with any sincerity or without taking the p*ss, I'm sure i said he was a great shot stopper which i still agree with and it was proven time and again against Barcelona when he doesn't get the aerial threat.

How does Barca's forwards hitting his legs again and again prove he's a great shot stopper?

Mourinho letting Lass go? Mental. He's a great player.

Agreed. If I were a big club i'd be looking at him over Tiote, would cost less and more refined imo.

Wants 1st team football, Juve & Galatasary apparently head the list of suitors.

Don't know why anyone bothers conversing with Gash about football, like. He thinks Almunia is great.

Oh shut up, knob head. I've never called him a great goalkeeper with any sincerity or without taking the p*ss, I'm sure i said he was a great shot stopper which i still agree with and it was proven time and again against Barcelona when he doesn't get the aerial threat.

How does Barca's forwards hitting his legs again and again prove he's a great shot stopper?

Because he stopped the shots? [/DevilsAdvocate]

You'll be happy to call Shola a great striker of the ball the next time he taps one in from 6 yards then.

You'll be happy to call Shola a great striker of the ball the next time he taps one in from 6 yards then.

Shola is a great striker :snod:

It should be stressed he may turn out to be a very good keeper in a few years, that's not the point here, before you say anything Ash. Relying on such an inexperienced, young keeper is madness, especially if you are to have any realistic aspirations of going for the title.

I agree to an extent but we are never going to spend the £20m required on an experienced ready made keeper.

In an absolute ideal world we'd go out spend £20m on Reina and send Chesney on a real decent loan for 2/3 seasons then get most the money back on Reina, but I don't think that is feasible.

A simple solution would be to sign Shay Given............

A simple solution would be to sign Shay Given............

3 years ago.

Now a wreck.

Would be better than Arsenal's current options tbh.

I'd rather take the hit with Sir Chesney, blooding him like us with Krul than with Given, a keeper destroyed by injury and not playing. They need a keeper about to hit his prime, 27-29, established and not just a good shot stopper, someone with presence in the box, a good communicator and spot on distribution, none of which Given ever had even at the height of his powers.

Would be better than Arsenal's current options tbh.

I'd rather take the hit with Sir Chesney, blooding him like us with Krul than with Given, a keeper destroyed by injury and not playing. They need a keeper about to hit his prime, 27-29, established and not just a good shot stopper, someone with presence in the box, a good communicator and spot on distribution, none of which Given ever had even at the height of his powers.

True that, as much as I loved Shay when he was with us (now that he's left, wish nowt but failure for him), he did lack the attributes you highlighted. But I reckon he can still do a job for Arsenal, in the short term anyway.

EDIT: but then again, Szeczney playing for a full season will do him a lot of good and aid his development.

Despite the fact fees of £12 and £15m have been quoted in France in recent days, Newcastle know the Lille star has an £8m release clause in his contract.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/06/07/magpies-quoted-12m-for-charles-n-zogbia-61634-28832238/#ixzz1OZj35yrY

Hmmmm

I hate daft stories like that.  Surely if the clause exists "everyone" now knows about it, given the fact its just been in a national newspaper.  :laugh: