Gervinho

Dave

I didn't mean it was hard to understand, I meant it was a weird criticism that we 'told Arsenal Remy turned us down', when there was no mention of that fact at all.

Depends on how you interpret that rumour tbf. I read it as a recent approach for Gervinho, hence the mention of the Remy turn down was also recent (and we somehow told Arsenal) or irrelevant (in which case, why mention it at all)..

Edit: it wasn't a criticism either btw. Good to see you are awake to immediately fend off any criticism directed at the club though.. :p

• Remy turns Newcastle down in January
  • Newcastle approach Arsenal about Gervinho as an alternative

Really not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

:lol: Digs out the bullet points for added emphasis.

He's pretty s*** tho.

He's miles (/km's) better than Jonas, Obertan, Ferguson, Sammy, Marveaux (as a winger) or any other player we'd play out wide.

Basically, would improve our wing play immensely. Even if he isn't good enough Arsenal he doesn't need to be to look good for us.

I like Gervinho. I can't say tactically where he should play as I have not seen him THAT much but the impression i get is that he needs a run in his favored position. Had a few good spells last seasons did he not?

I like Gervinho. I can't say tactically where he should play as I have not seen him THAT much but the impression i get is that he needs a run in his favored position. Had a few good spells last seasons did he not?

Think he started off decent enough then went back to being shit. Too much of an expenisve gamble imo. No doubt he's better than what we currently have but for the price being mooted, wouldn't go near it.

I'd like Gervinho if I hadn't seen him that much too.

Think he started off decent enough then went back to being s***. Too much of an expenisve gamble imo. No doubt he's better than what we currently have but for the price being mooted, wouldn't go near it.

:thup: