Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

If he doesn't play today, we are definitely protecting him from injury. Home game against a team we should be looking to get 3 points from realistically.. If our vice captains head isn't right he needs a kick up the arse to put it bluntly. He's still under contract here so it isn't too much to ask that he remain professional.

I'm sure he wants out. No doubt he'll play well for his new team if he gets sold (after being poor for us last season). If he doesn't get sold he better pull his finger out. He'll want to be in France's world cup squad. If he wants out he should be trying hard to impress potential suitors so they come and buy him in January if that's what he wants.

Guest bimpy474

Have we docked this cunt's a week's wages yet?

I think we are trying not to burn all the bridges in case no one does actually buy him.

Have we docked this c***'s a week's wages yet?

There is no indication that he's actually refused to play.

Why would we dock his wages?

Did I imply that? He didn't play Monday and is unlikely to play today due to his own reasons.

Anyway, bimpy474 has a fair point.

Did I imply that? He didn't play Monday and is unlikely to play today due to his own reasons.

Why do you want to dock his wages then?

Guest bimpy474

Buy a replacement, keep him on the bench for this "worldcup" season. 

Fantastic suggestion with only one drawback  :tobey:

Maybe he is refusing to play and is on strike until he gets the move he wants? People can't defend him no more than people can accuse him. We don't know what's happened. Going by his performances last season I think it's safe to say he will be happy to leave.

Maybe he is refusing to play and is on strike until he gets the move he wants? People can't defend him no more than people can accuse him. We don't know what's happened. Going by his performances last season I think it's safe to say he will be happy to leave.

I've no doubts he'll take the move shall it come along however what we do know is that Pardew dropped him from monday nights game. Hence we have no indication he's actually refused to play.

I've no doubts he'll take the move shall it come along however what we do know is that Pardew dropped him from monday nights game. Hence we have no indication he's actually refused to play.

We don't know Pardew dropped him. For all we know Cabaye refused to play. Pardew said his "head wasn't right" to play. He may just have been "protecting" Cabaye.

Guest bimpy474

Buy a replacement, keep him on the bench for this "worldcup" season. 

Fantastic suggestion with only one drawback  :tobey:

shame it's not like FM :\

Maybe someone should buy Ashley a copy  :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

We don't know Pardew dropped him. For all we know Cabaye refused to play. Pardew said his "head wasn't right" to play. He may just have been "protecting" Cabaye.

Protecting him from what ? Playing badly i assume if his head is turned. Not a problem that, Cabaye played crap most of last season along with the rest of the team anyhoo :lol:

Protecting him from what ? Playing badly i assume if his head is turned. Not a problem that, Cabaye played crap most of last season along with the rest of the team anyhoo :lol:

Protecting him from the criticism he's getting anyway?

Guest bimpy474

Protecting him from the criticism he's getting anyway?

Ha, backfired that plan :lol:

Because, as I fucking said, the reason he didn't play was down to his own reasons.

I think the way this club has conducted business in the past under Ashley, I'm more than willing to give Cabaye the benefit of the doubt and say he was asked not to play incase he picked up an injury and it scuppered a lucrative move.

Because, as I f***ing said, the reason he didn't play was down to his own reasons.

How can you know that? Pardew may have chosen not to play him because he thought his head might not be in it. Or because they want to cash in and didn't want to risk injury. No one knows so calling someone a c*** is pretty dumb.