Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest taps01

Roma prepared to spunk up to £10m on him

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10484256.Roma_poised_to_make_big_money_bid_for_Cabaye/

Can see him wanting to go and work with Garcia again, tbh.  Has to be better than freezing your tits off in the NE wasting your time under Pardew, especially in the World Cup year.

We will want a lot more than 10 mil for him.

Guest taps01

Well Cabaye's been in the squad while playing for us, and HBA is unlikely to get picked no matter where he plays. Does every international player shuffle clubs in a WC year? It's nonsense man.

I would have thought it would be better not to move club.

Guest icemanblue

Well Cabaye's been in the squad while playing for us, and HBA is unlikely to get picked no matter where he plays. Does every international player shuffle clubs in a WC year? It's nonsense man.

They both went to the Euros after playing a season with us. I don't think Cabaye has missed a French callup, other than for injury, during his time here either. Debuchy has also been called up, and I'd imagine Mapou and Moussa will too if they play and do well. The PL is a league with huge media exposure, and few seem to have their international chances hampered by playing in it.

But, aye, we're shit, and all of our good players are idiots for playing for us. Let's all kill ourselves.

He'll be burnt out and probably carrying another injury while playing for us by the time the WC comes around.

Well that cheered me up no end.

It's not meant to cheer you up.  It's the stark reality.  I want to keep him but I can see him trying to force the move through unfortunately.

It's not the stark reality at all though, it's fatalistic bollocks.

One of the main reasons Cabaye 'burnt out' was due to playing a lot of the Europa League games, some of these games Cabaye was told he wasn't playing and then told the night before that he would now be playing. Another mastermind decision by Pardew.

One of the main reasons Cabaye 'burnt out' was due to playing a lot of the Europa League games, some of these games Cabaye was told he wasn't playing and then told the night before that he would now be playing. Another mastermind decision by Pardew.

HP Sauce?

HP Sauce?

A friend of Cabaye, the Benfica home leg was one for certain, no surprise he looked knackered against Sunderland and subbed after an hour.

Perch was supposed to be playing instead of Cabaye in the home leg as Cabaye was carrying a knock, Pardew called Cabaye the night before and said he needed to change it.

Guest neesy111

HP Sauce?

A friend of Cabaye, the Benfica home leg was one for certain, no surprise he looked knackered against Sunderland and subbed after an hour.

The same happened v Liverpool 2 weeks later, no Thursday night game excuse that time though.

Perch was supposed to be playing instead of Cabaye in the home leg as Cabaye was carrying a knock, Pardew called Cabaye the night before and said he needed to change it.

Even if true, he was in the match day squad, was he not? He's a professional footballer, he should be able to handle two matches a week.

I assume he would have been in the match day squad, I'd say he's been playing in games where he's clearly not been fit at the request of Pardew. Cabaye has made himself look worse by putting in the poor performances during this time, he'd have got a lot more stick if he'd refused to play.

Seems like at the end of the season all the stick was pointed at Pardew, since it's been confirmed he's staying it seems to have turned on the players as we all like somebody to blame.

HP Sauce?

I'm cabaye's friend too, i can confirm his other friend is telling porkies. No sauces needed on this meal.

Guest neesy111

Cabaye has shown some underlining fitness issues for me that are not related to his groin injury.  He played 35 games last season, not even a full league campaign.

I do think it's more to do with our training than him himself though as the squad's fitness last season as a whole was shocking.

Cabaye has shown some underlining fitness issues for me that are not related to his groin injury.  He played 35 games last season, not even a full league campaign.

I do think it's more to do with our training than him himself though as the squad's fitness last season as a whole was shocking.

Agree - very poor fitness levels and lots of injuries indicate a poorly-trained squad.

We've never had so may injuries as last season as far as I can recall  ; as for the cups being a distraction, back in 75-76 we reached the LCF at Wembley and the FA Cup Qtrs, even though we were hit with flu and had a fixture congestion piling up. The flu virus affected us far more than playing lots of games and I reckon Pardew's preparation fpr pre-season and maintaining fitness levels throughout the season has been suspect to say the least.