Let's all laugh at... Ruud Gullit

DJ_NUFC

Dutch legend Ruud Gullit has been sacked as manager of Terek Grozny just minutes after losing 1-0 to Russian Premier League rivals FK Amkar Perm on Tuesday.

Terek, who have won just one of their last six games and hover just above the relegation zone, lost away at the Zvezda Stadium to a last minute own goal from defender Sergey Omelyanchuk.

Club president, and controversial Chechen leader  :dowie:, Ramzan Kadyrov told Gullit prior to the match that if he didn't win he would be sacked for "thinking about bars and discotheques" rather than football.

True to his word, Kadyrov fired the former Chelsea manager shortly after the final whistle, telling Interfax news agency: "Gullit will no longer train Terek.

"Unfortunately, he was unable to prove his mettle as a trainer. Under his leadership, the team played exceptionally poorly this season."

Gullit, 48, said moments after the match ended that he expected to get the sack even if he had won the encounter at Perm. "I don't think it would have mattered if I had won or lost," he said.

The two-time World Player of the Year surprised many when he decided to join Terek in January. The honeymoon, however, was short-lived after the Russian Premier League side started the season with three wins from 12 matches.

Gullit has been offered the chance to see out the remainder of his contract coaching the youth team but it seems highly unlikely after an apparent falling out with Kadyrov.

That was highlighted by a long and bizarre statement released on the club's website on Monday, which amongst criticising Gullit's work ethic also sought to defend the lifestyle in the Chechen Republic.

"President Ramzan Kadyrov is extremely dissatisfied with the approach Ruud Gullit to his duties, which, instead of rolling up our sleeves to work, given the standings, thinking about bars and discos,'' the statement said.  ;D

"Gullit must know that he was invited not to night clubs and discos to disappear, but to work in a football club, in this case to achieve the result.

"Yes, we have no drugs, no indecent nightlife, which in the Netherlands and in Europe there is lots. Grozny has all the conditions for people leading a healthy lifestyle. There are modern cinema, ice palaces and parks.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/928215/ruud-gullit-axed-by-russian-side-terek-grozny?cc=5901

Gullit has been offered the chance to see out the remainder of his contract coaching the youth team but it seems highly unlikely after an apparent falling out with Kadyrov

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob Lee would have loved to see that happen! :lol:

Gullit has been offered the chance to see out the remainder of his contract coaching the youth team but it seems highly unlikely after an apparent falling out with Kadyrov

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob Lee would have loved to see that happen! :lol:

;D indeed! Karma?

It's also interesting the images the term "Chechen leader" conjures up. I guess Gullit finally found his match in Grosny. If the Russians can't boss these people around, who the f00k is Gullit.

When is it too old for people to stop or at least reduce their frequenting of bars and discos? Isn't he inching towards 50? Like, ffs. I see this everywhere now. Old people who still think they're teenagers.

When is it too old for people to stop or at least reduce their frequenting of bars and discos? Isn't he inching towards 50? Like, ffs. I see this everywhere now. Old people who still think they're teenagers.

we don't think we are teenagers, we just don't see growing up as a reason to stop living. on my part i'd also like to point out that the average age of the twats hanging round bus stops drinking lambrini and fosters is now seemingly late teens early twenties.

Hehe, didn't mean it that way. I was talking specifically of the types described by the great Chechen leader, and some of my own friends who do cling on to that same lifestyle they had in their teens.

I'm sure the way you boogie down on Saturday nights would be hugely enjoyable to watch and partake in, Madras :).

we don't think we are teenagers, we just don't see growing up as a reason to stop living. on my part i'd also like to point out that the average age of the twats hanging round bus stops drinking lambrini and fosters is now seemingly late teens early twenties.

:clap2: You tell 'em, madras mate!

Yeah, watch me do the same thing when I'm older as well, lol. All well and good looking at one section of society and be annoyed by them. It never gets tiring until inevitably, you become them.

Guest BooBoo

Always got a small amount of respect for Ruud in that he packed it in when he realised he'd made an arse of things rather than grimly hanging on for the sack and a pay off.

Always got a small amount of respect for Ruud in that he packed it in when he realised he'd made an arse of things rather than grimly hanging on for the sack and a pay off.

I find it hard to hate the guy these days, even though he did treat Lee and Shearer with enormous disrespect. Prefer to think of him in his playing days, tbh. He was superb.

Aye, in that aspect, he was better than Souness.

Guest BooBoo

I find it hard to hate the guy these days, even though he did treat Lee and Shearer with enormous disrespect. Prefer to think of him in his playing days, tbh. He was superb.

His time at the club was very much a forgotten era as far I'm concerned. I was at uni and missed most of the games that season. Other than the semi final against Spurs and the home mackem defeat in the rain, the rest of his reign was just a grey nothingness. Abysmal appointment though.

His time at the club was very much a forgotten era as far I'm concerned. I was at uni and missed most of the games that season. Other than the semi final against Spurs and the home mackem defeat in the rain, the rest of his reign was just a grey nothingness. Abysmal appointment though.

True. It never really gelled, he was a fish out of water here. All those promises of shexy football never amounted to anything, shamefully.

Guest BooBoo

Even the final v Man Utd I can barely recall. Strange as the Arsenal final is still a pretty vivid memory.

It was clear Ruud had a massive ego and that clashed horribly with Shearer who was by that point very much Mr Newcastle United. The two were never gonna get on and his failure was inevitable. As I say, I dont really dislike Ruud and I point the finger more at Shepherd for what was a clearly unsuitable appointment.

Those cup finals man, I don't think a 13 year old kid (me) has ever been less excited going to his first cup finals. Never stood a fucking chance, fucking hate Wembley.