The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

What does everyone think of this, then? Didn't place the bet yet, but...

......Verona are 2nd and play at home to 18th place Empoli.

Niort are top and they play away to bottom of the table team.

Vannes are 4th and they play a team in 18th place.

http://i.imgur.com/wGRbV.jpg

Serie B is pure lottery. Go for draws or under 2.5/1.5 goals if anything.

Guest idlebob

http://i.imgur.com/wGRbV.jpg

Verona and Vannes should be nailed on and both are well priced.  Niort have let me down too many times away from home this season.  Your call, though

Going to place a Reims, Monaco double for tomorrow. Will probably also stick some smaller stakes on where the spreadsheet suggests the value and win probabilities are at.

Reims, Notts Co, Jahn Regensburg, us and MK Dons are showing best value and highest win probability based on my short list.  I won't bet on us, and am a bit wary of MK Dons, who have nothing to gain from the match

Yea, I was trying to take into consideration which teams have something to play for and those that don't

Guest idlebob

Jumped on the in-form teams (Rosenborg, Reims etc.). Placed bet, then I notice; all of them plays away. :yao:

That's where the value is  :)

Friday/Saturday’s bets – powered by the Idlebob Bet Calculator ™

Reims  8/5

Monaco  19/10

Hajduk  13/10

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest  evs

5 X 4 folds – returns £158 (£5 stake)

Notts Co  5/4

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest evs

Arsenal  10/11

Sheff U  10/11

1 X 5 fold – returns £141 (stake £5)

Reims  8/5

Monaco  19/10

Hajduk  13/10

Notts Co  5/4

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest  evs

Arsenal  10/11

Zilina  evs

28 x 6 folds returns £1085 (stake £8.40)

So I should just copy these bets and watch the money roll in, right?

Guest idlebob

Going to place a Reims, Monaco double for tomorrow. Will probably also stick some smaller stakes on where the spreadsheet suggests the value and win probabilities are at.

Reims, Notts Co, Jahn Regensburg, us and MK Dons are showing best value and highest win probability based on my short list.  I won't bet on us, and am a bit wary of MK Dons, who have nothing to gain from the match

Yea, I was trying to take into consideration which teams have something to play for and those that don't

When it comes to having nothing to play for, the data tends to suggest that it has little effect - the class team will still tend beat the poor team regardless.  The play off issue muddies the waters somewhat, as you'd tend to think that Dons will rest their important players.  I'll try to get a look at the team, if Dons have a strong team out it's a no-brainer

FC Dinamo Bucuresti @ 13/10

(Match Betting)

Verona @ 8/13

(Match Betting)

Genk @ 6/4

(Match Betting)

Rosenborg @ 5/4

(Match Betting)

Reims @ 19/10

(Match Betting)

Monaco @ 19/10

(Match Betting)

Nordvest @ 13/10

(Match Betting)

Braga @ 2/7

(Match Betting)

FC Groningen @ 1/2

(Match Betting)

Shakhtar Donetsk @ 1/4

(Match Betting)

Multiple Type:  10 fold

Stake:  0.50

Possible Return:  487.26

Guest idlebob

Reims  8/5

Monaco  19/10

Hajduk  13/10

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest  evs

Notts Co  5/4

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest evs

Arsenal  10/11

Sheff U  10/11

Reims  8/5

Monaco  19/10

Hajduk  13/10

Notts Co  5/4

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest  evs

Arsenal  10/11

Zilina  evs

Erm, if that were true, I'd be following this thread from my yacht in the Bahamas, not listening to the rain in NE29  :)

Erm, if that were true, I'd be following this thread from my yacht in the Bahamas, not listening to the rain in NE29  :)

God damnit Bob, I'm relying on you!

Nah, kidding on, any advice is better than the daft bets I usually put on, cheers :thup:

Guest idlebob

God damnit Bob, I'm relying on you!

Nah, kidding on, any advice is better than the daft bets I usually put on, cheers :thup:

And I've just made it a lot easier for you all to hunt me down like a dog when it all goes t*ts up

Reims  8/5

Monaco  19/10

Hajduk  13/10

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest  evs

Notts Co  5/4

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest evs

Arsenal  10/11

Sheff U  10/11

Reims  8/5

Monaco  19/10

Hajduk  13/10

Notts Co  5/4

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest  evs

Arsenal  10/11

Zilina  evs

You're not on a yacht in Bahamas? Then why the fuck would I listen to your advice then? :dave:

Guest idlebob

Reims  8/5

Monaco  19/10

Hajduk  13/10

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest  evs

Notts Co  5/4

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest evs

Arsenal  10/11

Sheff U  10/11

Reims  8/5

Monaco  19/10

Hajduk  13/10

Notts Co  5/4

Rosenborg  23/20

Dynamo Bucharest  evs

Arsenal  10/11

Zilina  evs

You're not on a yacht in Bahamas? Then why the f*** would I listen to your advice then? :dave:

Because I'm a very plausible liar.  :)

Verona and Vannes should be nailed on and both are well priced.  Niort have let me down too many times away from home this season.  Your call, though

Meh, went for this instead, cheaper and I get 240ish return.

http://i.imgur.com/y8Ka2.jpg

That's my betting done for now (got 2 10 accy and 2 6 accy for the weekend), the money is taking a few days longer for it to be credited back, so I just want to make sure everything is in order in my bank account before I go any further.

I think I will mainly stick to £1-10 accys from now on.

Guest idlebob

Try perming your selections to give you some margin for error. But do the maths first, it's not worth it if most of your picks are odds on

Try perming your selections to give you some margin for error. But do the maths first, it's not worth it if most of your picks are odds on

Haven't got clue what that meant, mate. :lol:

I pick my choices based on quick look at the league or form table plus a bit of my knowledge and gut feelings. That's it, really. Don't pay attention to odds.

I've been thinking about putting one of those high risk high reward bets on Bayern Munich winning the CL. It's just that I don't want to stake such large amount and wait x weeks to find out the outcome. Waiting 90 would be long enough. :lol:

Will the odds go down the sooner the CL final date arrives? Or will it stay the same? (Assuming no major changes happened, such injuries to key players.)

Guest idlebob

Haven't got clue what that meant, mate. :lol:

I pick my choices based on quick look at the league or form table plus a bit of my knowledge and gut feelings. That's it, really. Don't pay attention to odds.

Well instead of picking, say, 4 matches and putting your money on one bet that all will 4 win, you can put 4 bets on any 3 of them winning (your online betslip should give you the option to do this quite easily).  You'll win less money if all 4 do win, (assuming you spend the same amount) but your chances of winning something have increased by a factor of 4.  As long as the average price of each game is better than evens you'll be in profit even if one team lets you down.  In the long term, it's all about staying in profit

Guest idlebob

I've been thinking about putting one of those high risk high reward bets on Bayern Munich winning the CL. It's just that I don't want to stake such large amount and wait x weeks to find out the outcome. Waiting 90 would be long enough. :lol:

Will the odds go down the sooner the CL final date arrives? Or will it stay the same? (Assuming no major changes happened, such injuries to key players.)

Last year, Barca started out at an outrageously long 5/4 to win the final, before settling in at around evens just before kick off.  This was probably due to the money bias of all the bets from UK punters going on Man U, shifting the market.  (Every sane, impartial punter made a killing on Barca last year)

So, if the bookies take a lot of money on Chelsea, Bayern will drift out a bit.  They are currently 8/11, which seems about right to me.  At at current prices, I'd wait for the in-play action and see what happens.  I think the bookies have it right at the minute though