The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Didn't realise how poor Hibs were, assumed they were both mid-table sides, but just seen Hibs were second bottom. Surprised there weren't more people backing them, probably would've had a little more on if I'd bothered to research this. :lol:

Hmm, 13/10 for Blackpool to go up...

Glad I didn't go for this though. :laugh:

Nothing at the moment. Just waiting until the last moment possible before I probably back Munich to lift the trophy. Just waiting for the team news at the moment.... won't be putting a bet until the Bayern players finish their warm-up and no one is injured. :lol:

Guest je85

How much you thinking of? David has €533 any less than that and the forum will be judging you.

EDIT: which is £430.71, you're lucky the pound is stronger than it has been.

Does that not start ringing some alarm bells? No value in that.

At the end of the day, when I put a bet down, I look at it from a footballing point of view. I see Bayern as a determined, mentally-tough world class team. I even backed them to win the CL from the start of the season.

Yes, I admit I'm nervous about this.... but then that's only because I'm staking high. Bayern are a much better team than Chelsea, imo. (Who are a bit fortunate to be here in the first place anyway.)

I'm thinking just over £600. :undecided:  Returns about £240.

I implore you not to do that.

Why?

Like je85 says, there's really no value in that bet plus £600 is a bit too excessive imo.

Hearts and Frankel have covered my other bets for today then. :D

Used the few quid I had left over for some scorecasts:

F Lampard, |Chelsea| 2 - 0 @ 150/1

1 line at £1.00 per line

F Lampard, |Chelsea| 2 - 1 @ 100/1

1 line at £1.00 per line

Total stake for this bet: £1.00

D Drogba, |Chelsea| 2 - 0 @ 125/1

1 line at £1.00 per line

D Drogba, |Chelsea| 2 - 1 @ 75/1

1 line at £1.60 per line

Guest je85

Does that not start ringing some alarm bells? No value in that.

At the end of the day, when I put a bet down, I look at it from a footballing point of view. I see Bayern as a determined, mentally-tough world class team. I even backed them to win the CL from the start of the season.

Yes, I admit I'm nervous about this.... but then that's only because I'm staking high. Bayern are a much better team than Chelsea, imo. (Who are a bit fortunate to be here in the first place anyway.)

Should have stuck some on in the group stages then like me :coolsmiley:

But in all seriousness, I find your determination to put a large amount on this particular game, regardless of value strange.

A good example from in this thread today, Hibs-Hearts large gap in the table and Hearts had won 7 out of the last 8 vs Hibs so evens showed good value.